• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let's Just Make Shit Up

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curiosity what has Simmons done that has caused you to be so high on him?

Been the #1 pick in the draft with several people including Magic Johnson say he is the best prospect since Lebron James. A kid who is reportedly pushing 7 feet and is going to play point guard. Are you joking?

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's basing it on 2 players. One that can't stay healthy and one that no one has ever seen play because he was hurt.

Not sure what the dudes issue is, but being acknowledged by Lakers fans as the tallest midget, sure does seem important to him.

I'm not basing it on 2 players at all.
1. I'm basing it on Saric being better than anyone on the entire Lakers team last year.
2. I'm basing it on hoping and pray (which is a stretch) on Embiid staying healthy cause he's 1st team all NBA if he does.
3. I'm basing that on the addition of the best prospect since Lebron James who doesn't have an injury history. He had a simple 4 week injury.
4. I'm basing it on having a huge hole at Guard and landing the #1 pick again and taking a scorer and this year's top prospect in Fultz.
5 I'm basing it on an obscene amount of cap space.
6. I'm basing it on the fact if things fall right we will have 4 first round picks in the next 2 years and two of them coming from poor teams.
THAT MORE THEN 2 "INJURED" PLAYERS.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not basing it on 2 players at all.
1. I'm basing it on Saric being better than anyone on the entire Lakers team last year.
2. I'm basing it on hoping and pray (which is a stretch) on Embiid staying healthy cause he's 1st team all NBA if he does.
3. I'm basing that on the addition of the best prospect since Lebron James who doesn't have an injury history. He had a simple 4 week injury.
4. I'm basing it on having a huge hole at Guard and landing the #1 pick again and taking a scorer and this year's top prospect in Fultz.
6. I'm basing it on the fact if things fall right we will have 4 first round picks in the next 2 years and two of them coming from poor teams.
THAT MORE THEN 2 "INJURED" PLAYERS.

Maybe start a Philly thread?
This one needs to get back on track.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been the #1 pick in the draft with several people including Magic Johnson say he is the best prospect since Lebron James. A kid who is reportedly pushing 7 feet and is going to play point guard. Are you joking?
I know he was the #1 pick, but that was last year. What has he done during the regular season since then to make you high on him. Kwame Brown was the #1 pick by Michael Jordan. How did that work out?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you why I said that. The Lakers look like the have a disappointing #2 pick from last year and all ready gave up on the #2 pick the year before. To me it looks like they currently have one elite prospect.

The Sixers have 3 elite prospects but one of them looks like he could easily be a top 5 player in the league. Back to back #1 picks that will be on the court this year with one of them being the highest rated prospect in the last 15 years. There #4 Saric completely out played the Lakers best player last year. They have the lowest payroll in the NBA and either the Lakers 1st in 2018 or the Kings first in 2019 (two very bad teams). The Lakers don't have a 1st next year and will be a lottery team.

So... one team has 1 elite prospect (Ball) with no 1st and one team has 3 elite prospects with one of them looking like a top 5 player in the league if he can stay healthy, tons of cap space and own the rights to two very bad teams lottery pick.

Now do you see why I think there's a difference?
I would call you out on this, but then I just remembered the title of the thread - so this post is really fitting for the thread - Good work:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q, I get it.UO getTE="True Lakers Fan, post: 10233910, member: 4020"]In case you haven't figured this out, Trojanfan is the moderator in here and will ban your sorry ass if you misbehave:lol:

Yeah I figured it out. I can post links to 1000s of people being disrespectful, homophobic and completely racist and that no problem around here... but if I say it's idiotic to think the Lakers are currently better then Philly... I get a ban warning. Sad.[/QUOTE]
FYI - You have seen Thousands of those posts in other forums, but not this one. TrojanFan keeps it cleaner in here.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know he was the #1 pick, but that was last year. What has he done during the regular season since then to make you high on him. Kwame Brown was the #1 pick by Michael Jordan. How did that work out?

That logic is so flawed and on a middle school level I don't know how to respond. He doesn't have to do anything. He may be a megastar or may be a bust just like everyone else in the draft but a simple injury doesn't take away from what the entire NBA community has seen.

What has Ball done since he's been drafted to make you so high on him? I'm not expecting you to answer that because it's silly.. Just like yours was. I'm not going to give up on a supreme prospect cause of a 4 week injury.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I figured it out. I can post links to 1000s of people being disrespectful, homophobic and completely racist and that no problem around here... but if I say it's idiotic to think the Lakers are currently better then Philly... I get a ban warning. Sad.
FYI - You have seen Thousands of those posts in other forums, but not this one. TrojanFan keeps it cleaner in here.[/QUOTE]

OK, I respect that. The Hoop needs more of it to be honest.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, your a mod is what I'm guessing. I said the ideas were stupid. Go across this entire site and see hundreds of people ripping each other. If you're going to suspend me cause I'm going after you or the Lakers that's the epitome of little dick syndrome. All I see on these threads is disrespect and you're cool with it unless someone does it to you. Laaaaaaame.

No, that's not all you did and it hasn't been just me or just Lakers fans with you. Also, this isn't the entire site. This is the NBA boards. As I said, you've been warned.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that's not all you did and it hasn't been just me or just Lakers fans with you. Also, this isn't the entire site. This is the NBA boards. As I said, you've been warned.

I don't know if you saw my post saying I respect the fact you keep it clean in here because there's a ton of racists on the site who say ignorant stuff... but it has been only the Laker fans and I just said things like, "It is stupid and close minded to think that" I didn't attack anyone personally here. I have in the past on the NFL board but I really don't see the big deal here outside of me saying you guys are being ridiculous.
"I wouldn't want Embiid or Simmons on the Lakers"..
Suuuuuuuure you wouldn't

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you saw my post saying I respect the fact you keep it clean in here because there's a ton of racists on the site who say ignorant stuff... but it has been only the Laker fans and I just said things like, "It is stupid and close minded to think that" I didn't attack anyone personally here. I have in the past on the NFL board but I really don't see the big deal here outside of me saying you guys are being ridiculous.
Suuuuuuuure you wouldn't

The Sixers fans are happy with the direction they're going

The Lakers fans are happy with the direction they're going

You just need to stop pretending the sixers have the biggest dicks. When Simmons and Embiid have played at least 60 games together come back to us.

Might be a while.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suuuuuuuure you wouldn't

When people have said that, they weren't referring to their talent - they were referring about their ability to stay healthy.

I don't want ANYONE on the Lakers that is clearly injury prone and is very doubtful they can play a full, let alone HALF a season.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI - You have seen Thousands of those posts in other forums, but not this one. TrojanFan keeps it cleaner in here.

OK, I respect that. The Hoop needs more of it to be honest.[/QUOTE]

It would be easier for you to use the quote function you know.

If you really want to see dishonesty - go tell everyone in the politics room your political views and tell me how that works out:lol:

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I respect that. The Hoop needs more of it to be honest.

If you really want to see dishonesty - go tell everyone in the politics room your political views and tell me how that works out:lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that place is the worst. I remember someone posting an article about a home owner killing a 12 year old for walking on his lawn and a bunch of fools saying, "If he killed my kid for that I'd shake his hand cause kids need to follow rules". I stay out of that cesspool

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would call you out on this, but then I just remembered the title of the thread - so this post is really fitting for the thread - Good work:lol:

Probably more like... I'd call you out but it's all true so I cant.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you really want to see dishonesty - go tell everyone in the politics room your political views and tell me how that works out:lol:

Yeah, that place is the worst. I remember someone posting an article about a home owner killing a 12 year old for walking on his lawn and a bunch of fools saying, "If he killed my kid for that I'd shake his hand cause kids need to follow rules". I stay out of that cesspool[/QUOTE]

I mess with them sometimes and talk smack to them just to piss them off. Then I give them rainbows

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dario Saric averaged 12.8 points 6.3 rebounds and 2.2 assists. He shot 41.1% from the field.

Julius Randle averaged 13.2 points, 8.6 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game. He shot 48.8% from the field.

Jordan Clarkson averaged 14.7 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.6 assists per game. He shot 44.5% from the field. Off the bench.

That's just 2. If we look at newly acquired Brooke Lopez who averaged 20.5 points, 5.4 rebounds and 2.3 assists. He shot 47.4% from the field.

Tell me more about how much better Saric is than anyone on the Lakers roster.

Embiid was drafted in 2014 and has played a grand total of 31 games (all of them last year) and you think he's suddenly going to be healthy. I feel for the kid because he's a fantastic young talent when he's healthy. But as of now, he looks to be more Greg Oden than all-star.

He still hasn't played a single NBA game. So, we have no clue how close he will come to living up to the hype, if at all. If he were a Laker and he allowed himself to be sat out an entire season over a 4 week injury, I'd be questioning how badly he wants to play.

Fultz looks to be pretty good. He's more of a scorer, so he will have to learn to give up the ball or maybe Simmons runs the offense as a "point forward" but there is going to be a learning curve.

You have to attract players with that cap space. The Lakers are looking at having enough cap space for 2 max players next year and already have one top FA saying he wants to play for them. Who is saying they want to be a Sixer? I don't know if it will actually work out for the Lakers. But let's not pretend that the Sixers are the only team that will have cap space next year.

So, you're basing it on prayer, hope and bunch of "If's" just like every other lottery level team.

Now, once again I ask, why do you care so much about being the tallest midget?

Also, what's wrong with Lakers fans being happy with their roster and the direction their team is headed and Sixers fans happy with theirs?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Simmons' game and all. But let's stop talking like he's the best player to come through the draft since Lebron. In college he didn't even get LSU close to sniffing the NIT, let alone the NCAA tourny.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably more like... I'd call you out but it's all true so I cant.
No, because the Lakers are still quite high on Ingram. They liked Russell to, but it was fairly obvious that Russell was not a franchise player to build around and he was better used to get rid of Mozgov contract in order to get ready for next year. Unlike last year, the Lakers know what they are doing this year. As far as the Philly team is concerned, I think they need some veterans to help the kids out - otherwise they are not going anywhere