• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lets go Streaking!! - Canucks look to end Ducks Home Winning

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Paul Devorski is just a synonym for Stephane Auger

He's got it out for Vancouver

I turned the game off at 2-0.
How the hell did we get 44 pim to their 0 at 12:49 of the 3rd?

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to sleep when it was 1-0. Woke up to see the Ducks won 9-1, holy shit!

Corey Perry went off for my fantasy team!

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to look forward to hearing what Kerry Fraser has to say about Devorski

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, you 'nucks fans are cranky this morning. What happened?

funny thing is I enjoyed last nights game. sometimes your team just NEEDS that type of ass kicking. the fan base certainly needed it.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont find Im cranky :noidea: ... just being my usual dick with good reading comprehension self

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So guys, think this is your typical Boudreuo hockey team? Dominant regular season but will choke come playoff time? Or do we think this Ducks team is legit?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me ... Boudreau was very classy in his post game comments about the canucks last night

I remember versus the Canucks under Vigneault and during a previous game that got out of hand (penalty and scorewise late), Boudreau kept running out his first power play unit ... didnt do that last night

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reminds me ... Boudreau was very classy in his post game comments about the canucks last night

I remember versus the Canucks under Vigneault and during a previous game that got out of hand (penalty and scorewise late), Boudreau kept running out his first power play unit ... didnt do that last night

Sharks did that to us earlier in the year when they dominated us, I wanted to throw something at the tv. Putting their top PP unit out after already having 7 goals on the board. Disrespectful.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5ef15f4d4c762334cea3649a2a524f37.jpg

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Canucks don’t look the same after Camilo signed in Mexico

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to look forward to hearing what Kerry Fraser has to say about Devorski

Fraser: Should Anaheim have gotten a seven-minute 5-on-3?

Vancouver

Tom Sestito
- 2 minutes rough (on Perreault)
- 2 minutes high sticking (on Jackman)
- 5 minutes fighting (on Jackman)
- 10 minutes misc. (continuation of a fight/resisting)

Jannik Hansen
- 2 minutes roughing
- 5 minutes fighting
- 10 minutes misconduct (continuation of a fight)

Anaheim

Tim Jackman
- 2 minutes high stick sticking (on Sestito)
- 5 minutes fighting (on Sestito)

Sami Vatanen
- 4 minutes roughing

The end result is that Vancouver would play one man short for five minutes since the minor penalties would cancel out and Tim Jackman's fighting major would cancel with either Hansen's or Sestito's. Either way, coach John Tortorella would place a man in the box prior to the expiration of the major penalty.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not exactly the question i would have asked so not neccessarily the answer i care about ...

I would have liked to see Kerry simply asked if he personally had ever sworn at an NHL player and whether this is a common occurrence for a supposedly professional referee.

I just see a real lack of professionalism on Devorskis part ... Wyatt Arndt pretty much hit it on the head for me ...

What I am talking about is the joy of optics. When you are a ref in the NHL, your job is to make calls to the best of your ability. That’s about it. What I’ve never liked is when refs yell back at coaches and players, like Devorski did last night

Look, I get that as a ref, both sides pretty much hate you, and the only time you get a nice thank you is by the winning team after the game (beer league manners 101). I am sure biting your tongue is something you have to learn to do often and that sometimes that is hard to do. That being said, you should probably keep the cursing and swearing at zero during games, especially with today’s social media world being aware of everything you do. If you had a tuna sandwich for breakfast, odds are people will notice that tuna stain on your shirt. So holding back on swearing as an NHL ref is probably the way to go, especially when you’ve just handed a team a 7 minute 5-3 disadvantage. Especially not after a game in which you gave a player 27 minutes of penalties and handed out a 7 minute power play. The optics of it look really really bad.

It’s like people who have a job at call centers and deal with annoying people all day. If they swear and curse after they hang up, one day they will forget to hang up properly, and someone on the other end will hear themselves being sworn at. It’s why you make it a practice not to swear.

At the end of the day, Devorski handed out the right penalties to Sestito in the game against LA. Against Anaheim, I can even see why Devorski is making his calls. It’s not often games are called like that, and it’s calling things very very tightly against Vancouver and being loose with Anaheim, but I can see where he is coming from. However when you add in Devorski swearing, it just makes the optics looks kind of crappy. Especially for a team that has had an incident before with a ref holding a grudge with Stefane Auger. In a league where Ron MacLean has a part time job waving the pom poms on refs behalves, basically acting like they are infallible demigods, it can be hard to take seeing a ref curse out a team.

I don’t think Devorski has it out for Vancouver, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I do think all refs should do their job showing restraint when it comes to swearing and screaming back at coaches. Otherwise it just gives rise to the notion that refs are being led by their emotions instead of the rules.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some talk floating out there that Devorski talked to Sestito prior to the rhubarb last night and warned him about getting any shenanigans after what had happened in LA a couple of nights prior. Whether that's true or not likely only those two know.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some talk floating out there that Devorski talked to Sestito prior to the rhubarb last night and warned him about getting any shenanigans after what had happened in LA a couple of nights prior. Whether that's true or not likely only those two know.

so ... like ... "dont do anything dumb or Ill get you"

oh the memories :L