• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Let the Off Season Begin

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Manaea gives us 5 good years of pitching, that would be worth it but I'd hate to see every good pitching prospect get flipped and not have any home grown guys in the rotation. Of course, I also recognize that few pitching prospects make it. Guess I'll have to trust FZ and Co's professional knowledge if that happens.
Of course if we could see 5 years of good SP...anybody makes that trade. As for home grown, Mr. Webb is on line 2. That all said, it just feels like Harrison is on too many radars and we could really use another solid SP. But, we'll see.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course if we could see 5 years of good SP...anybody makes that trade. As for home grown, Mr. Webb is on line 2. That all said, it just feels like Harrison is on too many radars and we could really use another solid SP. But, we'll see.
Sorry about that Mr. Webb. (He seemed rather disgruntled.)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that story. My take is that the two sides had talks and the Giants knew what it would take to keep him and they were not interested in going there.

Even the story states that there does not appear to be any animosity on Gaus’ part towards the Giants.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that story. My take is that the two sides had talks and the Giants knew what it would take to keep him and they were not interested in going there.

Even the story states that there does not appear to be any animosity on Gaus’ part towards the Giants.
Still interesting that he felt the need to tweet about it. I wonder if he was getting a lot of flak for not re-signing with the Giants.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still interesting that he felt the need to tweet about it. I wonder if he was getting a lot of flak for not re-signing with the Giants.
I haven’t seen/noticed any, but I have moved on from him. I am sure he sees everything referring to him, so who knows what is out there.

Bottom line for me is that this is a nothing story in the middle of a news freeze.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven’t seen/noticed any, but I have moved on from him. I am sure he sees everything referring to him, so who knows what is out there.

Bottom line for me is that this is a nothing story in the middle of a news freeze.
Which makes it a story since there is not much else to report, sadly.

The longer this impasse goes on, the more this feels like 2020 all over again.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which makes it a story since there is not much else to report, sadly.

The longer this impasse goes on, the more this feels like 2020 all over again.
I don’t expect any serious talks to really begin until about the time ST is scheduled to start. This is a game of chicken, and in a game of chicken, neither car pulls out when they are still 200 yards away from each other.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Giants seem to be more willing to make 2 year minor league deals than most clubs. They signed Nogowski (since drafted in the minor league Rule 5), Tom and Mathieson to multi-year minor league deals when they picked them up toward the end of 2021 and also seemed to sign Adon to one in the middle of 2021. I assume that is the case for all of them because none were minor league free agents this offseason when they should have been.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think we could make any moves right now?
Players are allowed to sign with international leagues (Mexico, Korea, Taiwan, Japan, etc) and, for those who were not on 40 man rosters at the end of the World Series, they can sign minor league deals. No player is allowed to sign big leagues deals.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tzill Just for you an early top prospects for preview for the next draft on CBS sports site

24. Daniel Susac, C, Arizona​

Susac, more so than any other catcher on this list, was identified by scouts as the player who could benefit the most from the eventual implementation of an automated ball-strike system. (Increasingly baseball's version of Millenarianism.) He's on the large side for a catcher (he's listed at 6-foot-4) and he's not regarded as a plus receiver. He does have a big arm, however, and the move to robot umpires would emphasize his strength and minimize his weaknesses. If the rules remain as they are, Susac will have to make up for his defensive shortcomings with the thump he can provide offensively. He hit .335/.393/.591 last season with 12 home runs and 25 troubles (triples plus doubles). It's worth noting that Susac's older brother, Andrew, has played in six big-league seasons after being a second-round pick himself.

:eek:
:hope::brick:

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tzill Just for you an early top prospects for preview for the next draft on CBS sports site

24. Daniel Susac, C, Arizona​

Susac, more so than any other catcher on this list, was identified by scouts as the player who could benefit the most from the eventual implementation of an automated ball-strike system. (Increasingly baseball's version of Millenarianism.) He's on the large side for a catcher (he's listed at 6-foot-4) and he's not regarded as a plus receiver. He does have a big arm, however, and the move to robot umpires would emphasize his strength and minimize his weaknesses. If the rules remain as they are, Susac will have to make up for his defensive shortcomings with the thump he can provide offensively. He hit .335/.393/.591 last season with 12 home runs and 25 troubles (triples plus doubles). It's worth noting that Susac's older brother, Andrew, has played in six big-league seasons after being a second-round pick himself.

:eek:
:hope::brick:
That would be cool if the Giants pick him in the draft.