• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legit rankings without preseason ranking consideration

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and heres where that "dont play outside the state of new york Bullcrap comes in.

syracuse to NYC is easily 4.5 hrs usually 5 in the winter. kentucky "leaves the state of kentucky" but you wanna know where they go? chicago (5.5 hrs), south bend (5 hrs) and bloomington (3 hrs.) thats why this "not leaving the state of New York is bull crap. does crossing a border magically change travel times that much? duke, unc, kentucky etc. are always taking trips to MSG for the recruiting so why the fuck shouldnt the orange cash in on that too?

Jesus, making excuses, and cherry picking your stats again. The teams I mentioned OOC go to NYC, Connecticut, Maui, but of course you ignore those games.

You can make all the excuses you want. It's still true that Syracuse rarely ever leaves the state of NY in their OOC unless forced to.

and then theres the aspects that syracuse deals with that UNC, duke etc. dont have to deal with.

Syracuse makes more money per a single home BB game than any other school. they have to schedule BB games with a football mindset. They have a lot more to lose for each home game they give up than your typical program.

Lordy. More excuses. Kentucky has similar issues regarding home game revenue. Hasn't stopped them from hitting the road in their OOC schedule.

The northeast never developed a true football conference. that means for syracuse we have always had to cycle rivals. syracuse's biggest rival before the big east was St. Bonaventure. then Gtown, then uconn, and towards the end ville was starting to replace uconn as our go to rival. wanna know who our football rivals were in the past? colgate & cornell. because those two schools fell off the map in FB syracuse basketball now has to deal with the burden of maintaining those rivalries/historical connections. and thats not all......

Cool story bro. Still means you aren't leaving the state of NY.

there are 22 division 1 schools in the state of NY, only 3 of them are FBS. unlike duke unc & UK who have been playing with the same schools set of power schools since the 20s & 30s. syracuse was stuck playing medium level schools. why these schools never developed is because the NE is loaded with privates who used their political power to block land grants from forming.

Wow, is it still the 20's & 30's? Here I thought we had moved all the way up to the 21st century.

22 d1 schools and SU who was the regional athletic power for decades was stuck right in the middle of it all and built rivalries/connections with all these schools. thats how college athletics work, you have the small schools get propped up by the big schools otherwise fans get pissed, politicians get angry and the system starts to fall apart. 22 d1 schools in the state of NY all of which look to SU. theres no other major athletic power in NY to take the burden off us. kentucky has 6 d1 schools total, Indiana has 8 d1 schools total 3 of which are power schools. (arizona has 3, 2 of which are in the p12) <== do you see a problem starting to emerge here?

I see a lot of excuses starting to emerge. Nothing that contradicts the statement that Syracuse almost never leaves the state of NY during the OOC portion of their schedule.

thats why we continue to play schools like fordham canisus hofstra siena etc. on such a frequent basis. look at duke/unc this year they each played 2 NC teams ooc. why? because they each take the burden of propping up the little schools off each other. personally i think its stupid that syracuse played 6 New York teams this year. but thats the result of 80 years of building bonds with regional schools.

Yawn. Same excuses.

oh and its funny how you failed to mention 2009. didnt wanna mention that we played #13 #6 & #10 OOC that year plus a top 10 big east team near the start of conference play plus 4 top big east teams while they were in the top 10 <== just admit that you are two faced and use selective stats to make a point.

or 2008 where we played 3 ranked teams OOC and had a big east slate that consisted of #5, #3, #13, #12, #1, #9, #4, #12, #13. yeah ==> syracuse played 16 matchups against teams ranked 13th or higher in a 2 yr period in BE play. to look back on the total number of ranked opponents at 13 or higher that duke/unc has played you have to go from last year all the way back to 2008 to get to 16. for kentucky all the way to 2007.

Yes, we all know Syracuse plays a tough conference schedule. Nobody suggested otherwise. Nice attempt at changing the subject though. The topic, in case your little adderall-riddled mind forgot, was Syracuse's OOC schedule.

So since you seem to be a glutton for punishment, let's pick up where we left off..

#20 SDSU in San Diego.
@ Arkansas
Temple in MSG

1 Ranked team, 2 games outside of NY

Virginia Tech at MSG
Stanford at MSG
#10 Florida at home

1 Ranked team, 0 games outside of NY

Michigan in Atlantic City
GT in Atlantic City
#7 Michigan State in MSG.

1 Ranked team, 2 games outside of NY (barely)

#13 Cal at MSG
#6 UNC at MSG
#10 Florida in Tampa

3 ranked teams, 1 game out of NY

#17 Florida in Missouri
#22 Kansas in Missouri
#23 Memphis @ Memphis

3 ranked teams 3 whole games out of NY. Impressive! (or an average year for a top-tier school)

Unranked UW in MSG
Unranked OSU in MSG
@ Unranked Virginia

0 ranked teams, 1 Game outside of NY

@ Unranked Canisus
#17 Wichita State @ home
# 22 Oklahoma State in MSG

That's 2 ranked teams, 0 games outside of NY

Unranked Texas Tech in MSG
Unranked Florida in MSG
@ Unranked Towson

That's 0 ranked teams and 1 big road trip to PA for some powerhouse ball at Towson!

#12 Miss St @ MSG
#24 Memphis @MSG
#5 Ok St @ MSG

Thats 3 ranked teams, 0 trips outside of NY

@ Unranked St. Bonny
@ Unranked Mizzou

That's 0 ranked teams, 1 trip outside of NY

Final stats for the previous 10 seasons:
14 ranked teams (including multiple seasons with no ranked OOC opponents)
11 games outside of NY. (including multiple seasons with no games outside of NY)
9 trips outside of NY. (some trips included multiple games)
4 games against ranked opponents outside of NY
1 true road game against a ranked opponent.

I can keep going. Want me to keep going? (SPOILER ALERT: If I keep going it doesn't get any better for Syracuse, I already looked)

and you have the balls to even criticize syracuse's schedule :laugh3:

Well yeah... because the OOC portion is widely regarded (and correctly so) as crap.

Now, I'm sure you can come up with dozens more excuses why it's crap and complain how unfaiur it is that people criticize how crappy it is, and you might even make a good case that it doesn't matter if it's crap. But that won't change the fact that it's crap. Because it's crap.

Was this years better? Yup. Good enough to make people forget that it's been a steaming pile of crap for the last decade? Not by a long shot. Reputations like that are hard to shake when you've earned them the way Syracuse has.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, AZ gained a spot in RPI and went down to 4th in BPI!!!!!!!!!!

I still think BPI is better. So that cancels out your "AZ likes BPI better because they are #1 in it" theory.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit, AZ gained a spot in RPI and went down to 4th in BPI!!!!!!!!!!

I still think BPI is better. So that cancels out your "AZ likes BPI better because they are #1 in it" theory.

and I still hate BPI so there goes that cancels out the "I only hate it cuz it props up zona" theory.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I still hate BPI so there goes that cancels out the "I only hate it cuz it props up zona" theory.

Actually no one accused you of hating it because it propped up Arizona. I suggested you hated it because it didn't rate Syracuse highly enough. And that theory is still quite intact.

But the fact that you brought up "propping up AZ" makes me think that might have been some of your dislike as well.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless your on the bubble (most likely an average team) the rankings mean jacksh......

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers will be ranked #1 in RPI and BPI tomorrow but will be fortunate if the human polls give them the three spot.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno trolly. you keep proving your stupidity with every single post.

KC, maui, chicago, and of course MSG are some of the most frequented OOC locations for major basketball teams. look at some of the teams visiting MSG this year alone. alabama, cal, rutgers UCONN, IU, duke, arizona, pitt, cincy, florida, memphis, syracuse, SJU, UCLA, Notre dame, OSU, quette, gtown, MSU, nova, creighton, butler, xavier. I count 6 programs that are considered to be top 10. 9 other major BB schools. and 4 other "big time" BB schools. show me a coach who wouldnt want to play in MSG and I will show you a liar. hell there are 2 cali schools + arizona represented in that field.

Syracuse has a tremendous resource with NYC. there are more SU fans there than anyone else outside of syracuse, great recruiting, and its where a large fraction of their student body comes from. everyone plays at MSG, SU included. and yet only SU gets criticized for doing this. last I check anytime SU visits MSG its still a 10 hr round trip, its still an overnight stay. theres no legitimate reason for why SU shouldnt play at MSG when the only difference between SU & duke playing at MSG is that one spends 5 hrs getting there by bus, the other spends 5 hrs getting there by air. and you want to know something funny? (and this stat might just blow you away)........

duke takes more TRIPS (i dont count 3 straight games in MSG as 3 seperate roadtrips) to the NYC area in their OOC than syracuse. ==> yeah you heard me right. in dukes OOC the last 5 years they made two separate visits to the NYC area each year. syracuse meanwhiles makes a trip to MSG just once each ooc, sometimes twice. in the last 5 years, duke has visited NYC in their ooc more often than syracuse <== let that lil notion sink in for a second you dumb prick.

now lets look at uconn. they have made 5 different trips to the NYC area ooc in the last five years. thats almost the same rate as SU. do you know what the driving time for uconn & NYC is? answer: half the driving time for SU. <== more proof that the attacks against SU & NYC is completely unwarranted.

the only reason why uconn doesnt get called out for this is simple: they actually leave the state of CT. again i tell you trolly AKA the mayor of bullshit mountain. why the fuck does crossing a state line matter? last i checked 5 hrs is greater than 3 hrs. so why bring this up. answer: cuz homers like you dont have a real reason to bash cuse so they resort to bullshit like that. there is simply no way that you can say kentucky visiting IU on a 3 hr drive is better than SU visiting MSG just because UK crossed state lines & SU didnt.

and heres the funny thing about your atlantic city comment. and yes i am gonna bash you for this mistake but dont worry ==> espn analysts have made this mistake too. atlantic city is not "barely" outside of new york. it is in south NJ and 2 hrs south of NYC. only with total idiots like you does a team drive through their state (which is quite large itself) and 3/4 of the way through a second state and "they just barely left their state" and then go on to say "UK driving 3 hrs count more cuz they crossed an imaginary line"

but then again i shouldnt be surprised. you are the same idiot that thinks that......

duke/unc being in the same conference with the same teams since the 20s/30s while most of SU's historic rivals are out of conference gives duke/unc absolutely no added flexibility with ooc scheduling. <== jeez talk about being jerk stupid. and your logic for this is "its not the 20s & 30s anymore." :L

at least the other idiots can make a somewhat BS rebuttal. your logic doesnt even count as a rebuttal because it reaches a forrest gump level of stupidity.

you think 3 > 5 using the "they crossed a state line" logic

you dont think anyone has a good ooc schedule unless they have 2 maybe 3 top 10 teams on it. ==> seriously how many teams beat SU's ooc in a given year? granted SUs ooc is not the best in the nation in a typical year. but by no means is it absolutely horrendous. I still see a lot of ranked teams that you posted there. so at best your argument is essentially ==> SUs OOC is good but not great. but lets keep looking at the games SU played......

you bash us for not playing any ranked teams in 2007. well 2 of the teams we played last year while unranked, were considered good enough to get votes in the polls. oh and the 3rd team was OSU ==> last years runner up. lmao at that not being a tough OOC. and just an FYI syracuse missed the tourny the year before and wasnt ranked in the preseason ==> so why does it matter that SU play a top ooc slate when they were predicted to have a down year.

and then you bring up 2005 as being a weak ooc for us. hmm who was in our ooc that year???? wait....wait.....oh yeah florida. now lets see who wont the national championship that season hmm let me think....let me think.....oh yeah florida. jesus you are a jerk. did it over occur to you to think to yourself while you were listing OSU & florida to make your argument about syracuse's schedule to think to yourself. "wait a sec ==>these teams were pretty good back then"

you always mention "look at how many games these teams played outside their state"

but why look at games when based on the argument trips should be the measurement

trips taken outside their state ooc last year

kansas: 4 (2 of them were to KC 39 min away)
uconn: 3 (1 of them was 2 hr to msg)
duke: 3
UNC: 3
syracuse: 2
kentucky: 2
IU: 1

the reoccurring theme here is what syracuse does is no different than what the other major programs do. and seriously....uconn and kansas are 20 min +/- an hr from a state border. Uconn's arena is in hartford which puts it 35 min even closer to MSG.

just because there are a few major tournys inside the state of new york whereas the states of kansas, kentucky, indiana, & north carolina dont have something like that ==> other fanbases tend to jump on that and not realize that they are just arguing over a technicality. again only a total idiot (one of em is trolly) thinks kansas going 39 min to KC means more than SU going 5 hrs simply because one school crosses an imaginary line while the other doesnt. duke to atlanta or UK to chicago really are only 1 hr more than syracuse to atlantic city ==> and the haters refuse to acknowledge that.

i remain firm that the hate against our OOC is 100% unwarranted because in reality what we do really is no different than what other teams do. we take just as many trips out of state as most power programs, a trip to NYC for us is pretty much the same for duke, IU, or UK. plenty of other teams frequently visit MSG in the ooc.

oh and as for UK making more money than us per home game ==> thats false. syracuse makes 640k per home game. Kentucky makes 360k per home game.
^^^^^
and seriously.....can you stop making stuff like that up. its a bit annoying that the idiot i am debating doesnt have a clue about the crap he spews.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badgers will be ranked #1 in RPI and BPI tomorrow but will be fortunate if the human polls give them the three spot.

as long as they r playing in Milwaukee in the tourney does it matter to you?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno trolly. you keep proving your stupidity with every single post.

KC, maui, chicago, and of course MSG are some of the most frequented OOC locations for major basketball teams. look at some of the teams visiting MSG this year alone. alabama, cal, rutgers UCONN, IU, duke, arizona, pitt, cincy, florida, memphis, syracuse, SJU, UCLA, Notre dame, OSU, quette, gtown, MSU, nova, creighton, butler, xavier. I count 6 programs that are considered to be top 10. 9 other major BB schools. and 4 other "big time" BB schools. show me a coach who wouldnt want to play in MSG and I will show you a liar. hell there are 2 cali schools + arizona represented in that field.

Yep. Lots of teams play in MSG. Still doesn't change the fact that it's in NYC and it still doesn't change the fact that Syracuse rarely ever leaves the state of NY during OOC play.

Syracuse has a tremendous resource with NYC. there are more SU fans there than anyone else outside of syracuse, great recruiting, and its where a large fraction of their student body comes from. everyone plays at MSG, SU included. and yet only SU gets criticized for doing this. last I check anytime SU visits MSG its still a 10 hr round trip, its still an overnight stay. theres no legitimate reason for why SU shouldnt play at MSG when the only difference between SU & duke playing at MSG is that one spends 5 hrs getting there by bus, the other spends 5 hrs getting there by air. and you want to know something funny? (and this stat might just blow you away)........

duke takes more TRIPS (i dont count 3 straight games in MSG as 3 seperate roadtrips) to the NYC area in their OOC than syracuse. ==> yeah you heard me right. in dukes OOC the last 5 years they made two separate visits to the NYC area each year. syracuse meanwhiles makes a trip to MSG just once each ooc, sometimes twice. in the last 5 years, duke has visited NYC in their ooc more often than syracuse <== let that lil notion sink in for a second you dumb prick.

Good for Syracuse and Duke. It still doesn't change the fact that Syracuse hardly ever leaves the state of NY during OOC play. Maybe you didn't know, but Duke is actually in North Carolina. North Carolina is not in New York. That means comparing Duke playing in MSG to Syracuse playing in MSG is just a red herring.

now lets look at uconn. they have made 5 different trips to the NYC area ooc in the last five years. thats almost the same rate as SU. do you know what the driving time for uconn & NYC is? answer: half the driving time for SU. <== more proof that the attacks against SU & NYC is completely unwarranted.

You can call it unwarranted all you want. It's still accurate.

the only reason why uconn doesnt get called out for this is simple: they actually leave the state of CT. again i tell you trolly AKA the mayor of bullshit mountain. why the fuck does crossing a state line matter? last i checked 5 hrs is greater than 3 hrs. so why bring this up. answer: cuz homers like you dont have a real reason to bash cuse so they resort to bullshit like that. there is simply no way that you can say kentucky visiting IU on a 3 hr drive is better than SU visiting MSG just because UK crossed state lines & SU didnt.

Well, for starters, fuckwad, you're the one that said that UK going to IU was the same thing. I never even mentioned IU, so don't attribute your own stupid retard-logic to me.

and heres the funny thing about your atlantic city comment. and yes i am gonna bash you for this mistake but dont worry ==> espn analysts have made this mistake too. atlantic city is not "barely" outside of new york. it is in south NJ and 2 hrs south of NYC. only with total idiots like you does a team drive through their state (which is quite large itself) and 3/4 of the way through a second state and "they just barely left their state" and then go on to say "UK driving 3 hrs count more cuz they crossed an imaginary line"

Again, your words, not mine. I never made any such assertion.

but then again i shouldnt be surprised. you are the same idiot that thinks that......

duke/unc being in the same conference with the same teams since the 20s/30s while most of SU's historic rivals are out of conference gives duke/unc absolutely no added flexibility with ooc scheduling. <== jeez talk about being jerk stupid. and your logic for this is "its not the 20s & 30s anymore." :L

at least the other idiots can make a somewhat BS rebuttal. your logic doesnt even count as a rebuttal because it reaches a forrest gump level of stupidity.

Sigh... sorry, I got lazy and didn't feel like embarrassing you on every reply. But if you insist... Nobody said anything about conference games you slackjawed moron. It doesn't matter who their conference rivals are, and it doesn't matter how long they've played. It still doesn't change the simple fact that Syracuse almost never leaves the state of NY during OOC play.

you think 3 > 5 using the "they crossed a state line" logic

Evidently you think that since you keep saying it. I've never said that. Never suggested that. Never even hinted that it might be true.

you dont think anyone has a good ooc schedule unless they have 2 maybe 3 top 10 teams on it. ==> seriously how many teams beat SU's ooc in a given year? granted SUs ooc is not the best in the nation in a typical year. but by no means is it absolutely horrendous. I still see a lot of ranked teams that you posted there. so at best your argument is essentially ==> SUs OOC is good but not great. but lets keep looking at the games SU played......

Actually, I think scheduling is relative, and I recognize that not every team can have a big OOC schedule, and I also acknowledge that therr are other top-tier schools that often schedule soft OOC. (Louisville and Indiana both traditionally schedule like nancies) But I also showed you plenty of top-tier schools that schedule much more aggressively than Syracuse does. So far, nothing you have posted has countered any of that.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you bash us for not playing any ranked teams in 2007. well 2 of the teams we played last year while unranked, were considered good enough to get votes in the polls. oh and the 3rd team was OSU ==> last years runner up. lmao at that not being a tough OOC. and just an FYI syracuse missed the tourny the year before and wasnt ranked in the preseason ==> so why does it matter that SU play a top ooc slate when they were predicted to have a down year.

Well, to be clear, I was pointing out that Syracuse didn't play any ranked teams OOC in 2007 and 2005 and 2003. (and 2012, 2011, and 2010 where you only faced 1 ranked opponent each year OOC) I don't really care if two of the teams you played were good enough to get votes. Is getting votes considered ranked? No. Did I say "ranked" yes. Am I still right? Yes. Why do you keep bringing shit up that doesn't matter? You said the criticism against Syracuse OOC schedule were bullshit. I stated exactly what those criticisms are, and plainly demonstrated why there are indeed true.

and then you bring up 2005 as being a weak ooc for us. hmm who was in our ooc that year???? wait....wait.....oh yeah florida. now lets see who wont the national championship that season hmm let me think....let me think.....oh yeah florida. jesus you are a jerk. did it over occur to you to think to yourself while you were listing OSU & florida to make your argument about syracuse's schedule to think to yourself. "wait a sec ==>these teams were pretty good back then"

What was Florida ranked when Syracuse played them in 2005? Unranked.
What was OSU ranked when they played Syracuse? Unranked.

How many ranked teams did SU play in the OOC schedule that year? 0.

you always mention "look at how many games these teams played outside their state"

but why look at games when based on the argument trips should be the measurement

Because the criticism against Syracuse isn't about trips, or how far away they go. The criticism is that they rarely ever leave te state of NY during OOC play, and that's what I'm addressing. Also worth noting that if you look at "trips" instead of "games" it hurts Syracuse just as much. (they love back to back games at the Garden)

trips taken outside their state ooc last year

kansas: 4 (2 of them were to KC 39 min away)
uconn: 3 (1 of them was 2 hr to msg)
duke: 3
UNC: 3
syracuse: 2
kentucky: 2
IU: 1

That's all swell, but programs like Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, Michigan State and other top tier programs routinely schedule home/home series with other top tier (aka ranked) schools. They routinely play in hostile environments OOC. And they routinely travel more than a few hours away to play against quality competition. They play in other countries. They play in other time zones. Syracuse simply doesn't do that with the same frequency a lot of other top tier programs do.

the reoccurring theme here is what syracuse does is no different than what the other major programs do. and seriously....uconn and kansas are 20 min +/- an hr from a state border. Uconn's arena is in hartford which puts it 35 min even closer to MSG.
Actualkly, it's substantially different. Kansas doesn't just drive across the border to Kansas City. They travel to places Like New York, Chicago, Atlanta to play games. Michigan State goes to North Carolina. North Carolina goes to Kentucky. They play games like that nearly every season. Syracuse does it about as often as Boeheim makes it past the Sweet 16.

just because there are a few major tournys inside the state of new york whereas the states of kansas, kentucky, indiana, & north carolina dont have something like that ==> other fanbases tend to jump on that and not realize that they are just arguing over a technicality. again only a total idiot (one of em is trolly) thinks kansas going 39 min to KC means more than SU going 5 hrs simply because one school crosses an imaginary line while the other doesnt. duke to atlanta or UK to chicago really are only 1 hr more than syracuse to atlantic city ==> and the haters refuse to acknowledge that.

It's not a technicality. It's just reality. Syracuse doesn't hardly ever leave the state of NY during OOC play. There isn't anything technical about that. I don't have to explain any nuances about why it's true. Syracuse simply doesn't schedule that way. Period.

i remain firm that the hate against our OOC is 100% unwarranted because in reality what we do really is no different than what other teams do. we take just as many trips out of state as most power programs, a trip to NYC for us is pretty much the same for duke, IU, or UK. plenty of other teams frequently visit MSG in the ooc.

Well, actually, it is different. When Syracuse plays a "neutral" game at MSG it is almost always a pro-Syracuse crowd. Yes, they had to travel some to get there, but they rarely traveled farther than their opponent, and they almost certainly have more fans there. Which are two of the biggest factors in why traveling is such a big deal. You can't use your lame cop out about how the traveling distance matters more than the state line and expect to get away with that bullshit logic.

oh and as for UK making more money than us per home game ==> thats false. syracuse makes 640k per home game. Kentucky makes 360k per home game.
^^^^^

oh, and as for your shitty reading comprehension, I never said that UK made more money than Syracuse per home game. Learn to read you stupid mouth breather.

and seriously.....can you stop making stuff like that up. its a bit annoying that the idiot i am debating doesnt have a clue about the crap he spews.

Well let's look at the track records.

I said that Syracuse doesn't hardly ever leave the state of NY and proved it with 10 years worth of OOC stats. (not cherry picking like you) I offered to show more, and thus far, you have declined.

I said that they don't play as many ranked teams as other top-tier programs, and proved it with the examples of UK, Kansas, Duke, Michigan State. I also offered to include other examples too, and so far you have declined.

So far all you've done is change the subject, make excuses, lie about what I've said, and generally make an ass of yourself, because thus far you haven't been clever enough to actually figure out what you're arguing against and why its a hopeless endeavor. If you go back and read what was actually written, you *might* actually figure it out, but I'm not holding my breath.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse makes more money per a single home BB game than any other school.

Oh, and since you want to get picky about that...

YOU'RE WRONG.

Louisville Cardinals move to ACC in 2014 will only make them more money -- ESPN The Magazine - ESPN

#1 Louisville 1.35M
#2 North Carolina 936K
#3 Arizona 728K
#4 Ohio State 646K
#5 Syracuse 614K

In case you need help with that... FIFTH place in profit per home game does NOT mean that you make more money per home game than any other program. There are in fact 4 other programs that make even more. Perhaps if Syracuse averaged more than 64% capacity in the Carrier Dome you'd be right, but they don't so you aren't.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUttbZcv7WI]You're Wrong - YouTube[/ame]

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done with you trolly- you have yet to give a single reason why leaving ones own state is important. its just bullshit that idiots like you come up with cuz you have nothing else to use. I love how a good 6-7 times i ask why not crossing an imaginary line means a 5 hour trip counts less than a 3 hr trip. <== and you ignore that question. i love how you have no answer to a 5 hr bus ride/overnight stay counts less than a 4 hour planetrip/over night stay. THE ONLY PEOPLE who think not leaving ones state means something are pathetic trolls. states are not all equal sizes ya dumb prick. the very fact that you have not given a logical explanation for why this matters just proves how much I have owned you. the only difference between SU & the other major programs is that we play our tourny games in-state. <== so keep using that to find your BS inflated stats.

oh, and as for your shitty reading comprehension, I never said that UK made more money than Syracuse per home game. Learn to read you stupid mouth breather.

no you said that kentucky "has similar issue's regarding home game revenue" <== hence you were completely wrong on that. while SU is 5th in revenue per home game. what makes them different from the other 4 programs ahead of them is that the carrier dome BB setup 1) has no suites, 2) sells alcohol

the majority of suite's revenue comes in the preseason when they get bought/rented out. taking away a home game and a school (like OSU & LV) who relies on suite revenue for profit will not see a major decline in revenue.

syracuse's revenue comes from 1) high attendance, 2) alcohol sales (the biggest money maker) ==> in other words PER GAME revenue streams. thats the difference between osu & SU. even though they have practically the same revenue per game. that doesnt mean that home game is as important to OSU. take away a game from OSU and they lose about half of that 600k. syracuse meanwhile loses the full 600k.

Ohio State- arena built in 1998 with a heavy emphasis on suites. alcohol only served in suites with a 2 per person limit. (plus this is a major FB school so lets not even joke that OSU BB is the moneymaker for this athletic department)

arizona- alcohol policy ==> 100% dry. no suites.

UNC- alcohol policy ==> 100% dry. no suites

Louisville- full alcohol policy. heavy emphasis on suites (2 levels) & sponsorship deals ==> the arena didnt open until 2010

yeah so there you go ==> in terms of per game revenue streams only louisville matches syracuse however Ville still has a large % of its game revenue coming from seasonal ventures such as suites/sponsorships.

and look at ville's ooc schedule in the first two years they had the KFC yum center.
2010 ==> 12 home games
2011 ==> 12 home games

then cut back in 2012 to just 7 (guess they realized how much bank they were making) but went back to 9 in 2013.

syracuse meanwhile plays 10 home games each OOC.

which makes things interesting ==> how come Ville & syracuse played the same number of home games (40) in that period

while these teams had just ==>MSU (29) duke (30) uconn (31) KU (32) Zona (33) UNC (33) UK (36) IU (37)

answer: cuz LV & cuse have a higher dependency for home games.

and theres one other aspect to it. SU was a big east school until this year ==> significantly smaller tv contract. all the other BB powers except uconn/LV are making major bank on TV. however LV has some serious FB $$$ with its new stadium, uconn has $$ coming in from its womens bb program (this is no lie the mens BB team cleared 13 mill last year while the womens cleared 10.4 mill).

any way you slice it ==> syracuse has the highest amount of dependency on a home game than any other program.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU BB is all that was keeping the SU athletic program from being one of the smallest revenue producing programs in the BCS

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am done with you trolly- you have yet to give a single reason why leaving ones own state is important.
I didn't give a single reason why, as it has nothing to do with my point. you said that the criticisms were "crap" I spelled out the criticisms, and showed why they are accurate. You've yet to to make a single compelling point regarding the accuracy of the criticisms. (remember what I said earlier about you not even understanding what the argument was... this is what I'm talking about)

the only difference between SU & the other major programs is that we play our tourny games in-state. <== so keep using that to find your BS inflated stats.

1) It's not the only difference. The quality of opponents as well as location are both drastically different from the teams I've mentioned
2) Even if that was the reason, it doesn't matter. The point is Syracuse doesn't hardly ever leave the state of NY during OOC play, no matter how much you try and spin it otherwise.

And you can go on all the tirades you want about Syracuse and their booze revenue. It doesn't change anything about the points made against Syracuse's scheduling. It's an excuse not a rebuttal. And a poor one at that. Syracuse is one of the most profitable basketball programs in the country. Excuses about money simply don't fly.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't give a single reason why, as it has nothing to do with my point. you said that the criticisms were "crap" I spelled out the criticisms, and showed why they are accurate. You've yet to to make a single compelling point regarding the accuracy of the criticisms. (remember what I said earlier about you not even understanding what the argument was... this is what I'm talking about)

1) It's not the only difference. The quality of opponents as well as location are both drastically different from the teams I've mentioned
2) Even if that was the reason, it doesn't matter. The point is Syracuse doesn't hardly ever leave the state of NY during OOC play, no matter how much you try and spin it otherwise.

And you can go on all the tirades you want about Syracuse and their booze revenue. It doesn't change anything about the points made against Syracuse's scheduling. It's an excuse not a rebuttal. And a poor one at that. Syracuse is one of the most profitable basketball programs in the country. Excuses about money simply don't fly.

and again you are going back to the same crap.

cant give a reason why that is important, cant seem to get it out of your head that syracuse takes the same amount of trips out of state as most other programs

oh and you cant seem to give a good explanation for why SU's ooc is so damn important when we always
have a high SOS each year.

like i said: anyone who brings this up is just a pathetic homer

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't give a single reason why, as it has nothing to do with my point.

LMAO. it has EVERYTHING to do with your point and you dont give a reason cuz you choose not to but because you cant.

sorry but when you scream "this is a problem" and someone asks "why" and you dont answer

==> that pretty much means that you dont have shit.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't give a single reason why, as it has nothing to do with my point.

LMAO. it has EVERYTHING to do with your point and you dont give a reason cuz you choose not to but because you cant.

sorry but when you scream "this is a problem" and someone asks "why" and you dont answer

==> that pretty much means that you dont have shit.

I never said it was a problem. I certainly didn't scream it. In fact, I pretty clearly said it wasn't a problem. (see what I mean about you not understanding what the argument is about?)

Syracuse on average has a terrible OOC schedule compared to other top tier programs. You can debate the implications of that statement until the cows come home. I couldn't care less. But you can't debate the accuracy of the claim, as it is demonstrably true.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant seem to get it out of your head that syracuse takes the same amount of trips out of state as most other programs

Because that's wrong. They don't take the same number of trips out of state as other top tier programs.

I showed you the previous TEN YEARS of Syracuse OOC schedule, and they didn't leave their home state as many times as Duke, or KY, or Kansas, or MSU did in the last THREE.

But don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good argument. If you keep making shit up at this rate you're going to have to get a pen name like all of the other fiction writers.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because that's wrong. They don't take the same number of trips out of state as other top tier programs.

I showed you the previous TEN YEARS of Syracuse OOC schedule, and they didn't leave their home state as many times as Duke, or KY, or Kansas, or MSU did in the last THREE.

But don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good argument. If you keep making shit up at this rate you're going to have to get a pen name like all of the other fiction writers.

HEY DUMBASS

you did not show me "how many times" these teams played. all you did was manipulate shit to make the issue look much worse than it appeared.

for example:
syracuse plays a tourny in MSG and a H&H at NC state

shows up as "syracuse played 3 games in NY, one game outside of NY"

uconn plays a tourny in MSG and a H&H with NC state

shows up as "uconn played 4 games outside of CT"

then you guys say "look uconn traveled outside the state of CT FOUR TIMES"

which disregards 2 things

1) syracuse traveled more than uconn in doing that (in this example at least)
2) uconn made 2 out of state trips compared to SUs 1 in-state trip & 1 out of state trip

you said duke traveled outside the state of NC 15x ==> but what really happened. they played 3 tournys outside the state of NC. so you take those 9 games as 9 different roadtrips when it was really only 3 roadtrips

add to the extra bullshit of
-NYC being 5 hrs away when a good portion of those "out of state trips" that other elite teams play are within a 5 hr radius
-every major program plays in NYC ooc (duke takes two different trips there each year)

thats why all this nonsense hate spewed from you is nonsense. yall dont have crap when it comes to this argument. the only people that resort to this are either uneducated or massive homers

and wow......it must be over 20x now that i have asked what the significance of leaving ones state is? ==> every single damn fucken time you just ignore that question.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and isnt it funny trolly how you (as usual) completely ignore every single solid point I make. like the home game dependency thing. you didnt touch that one :laugh3: