• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legit rankings without preseason ranking consideration

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey john...

no offense, but you have lost this argument 100x over. Syracuse doesn't challenge themselves in the nonconference on the road, EVER.

that doesn't mean they are not a great program, because they are. they face incredibly tough competition year in and year out in their conference.

But dude, seriously you are trying to defend their nonconference, especially this year? have you WATCHED baylor play basketball this season? To think that they are ranked in the top 10 is such a joke I don't even know what to say, but since their schedule has been crap (besides kentucky in arlington) they get in by default. Minnesota? cmon, bro. And the 'Nova win was a good one, but still that was at home, in a game Syracuse should not lose. sorry man, your team might be damn good, but let's at least wait until they head to a hostile environment. that's when you actually find out about teams

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey john...

no offense, but you have lost this argument 100x over. Syracuse doesn't challenge themselves in the nonconference on the road, EVER.

that doesn't mean they are not a great program, because they are. they face incredibly tough competition year in and year out in their conference.

But dude, seriously you are trying to defend their nonconference, especially this year? have you WATCHED baylor play basketball this season? To think that they are ranked in the top 10 is such a joke I don't even know what to say, but since their schedule has been crap (besides kentucky in arlington) they get in by default. Minnesota? cmon, bro. And the 'Nova win was a good one, but still that was at home, in a game Syracuse should not lose. sorry man, your team might be damn good, but let's at least wait until they head to a hostile environment. that's when you actually find out about teams

i wasnt defending SU's OOC. just saying a lot of the hate aimed against it is completely unwarranted.

anyways we have wins over #7 & #8. and those two teams only loses have come from syracuse

baylor beat not one but TWO!!!!!!! teams that are currently in the top 15. villanova beat not one but two!!!!! teams in the top 20. to say they are not worthy of their ranking is complete hogwash.

to say syracuse's OOC is bad this year is complete hogwash. to say that SU playing a rivalry game against a top 10 team that is familiar with their style of play, their large crowds, and a then beat them outscoring them by nearly 40 points points in the final 31 min of play counts as "a game they should of won anyways" is hogwash

that game was so impressive that a couple of voters to switch from zona to cuse ya dumb fuck

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, this is exactly like the QBR. In both cases two bystanders (you and me) are discussing the value of something (QBR and Cuse's OOC) In both cases someone brought up a statistic that was undeniably true (Tebow was rated higher than Rogers in a game, and Syracuse hardly ever leaves the state of NY in OOC play) but of questionable significance. In both cases, the someone outside of the discussion actually proposed that the stat was significant, (people in the other thread brought up the Rogers stat, and plenty of people have been claiming the NY state stat regarding Cuse) The difference though is that I didn't pitch a hissy fit over you bringing up the Rogers stat, and I certainly never tried to claim that it wasn't true. But when I tried to address the stat that YOU brought up and I acknowledged... you just lost your shit and claimed I have no right to bring it up.

thats not the the same as what we are arguing at all. the bouncer thing is the correct analogy because like the leaving the state of NY comment, racism is something that we both agree is not a legitimate argument to make when trying to give a reason why someone should be denied club access/having a bad OOC

its about the same as it can get. you not seeing this just proves your stupidity

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am just gonna go with trolly being stupid.

the bouncer is in the wrong because he cant give a legitimate reason as to why the guy being black is significant (regardless of morals). thats where the comparison to the not leaving the state of NY is accurate.

can it get any more clear as day?