• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legarrette to Detroit for Big contract

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever notice lately he goes to a team and they win a Super Bowl and then he's no longer on the team
you're one perceptive motherfucker.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this

Clement will be our starter next season. RB is not a priority.

RB is not a priority this year.

But aren't you glad we have a GM who has a team looking at where this team is going past one year as well?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB is not a priority this year.

But aren't you glad we have a GM who has a team looking at where this team is going past one year as well?
I had to go looking to see what we were saying when they signed Blount to just a 1-yr contract before last season. We all seemed pretty ok with that.

Howie getting Ajayi was big. I think we have a good 1-2 punch now...plus we get Pumphrey back next season to see what he can do in a reserve roll...maybe return man?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to go looking to see what we were saying when they signed Blount to just a 1-yr contract before last season. We all seemed pretty ok with that.

Howie getting Ajayi was big. I think we have a good 1-2 punch now...plus we get Pumphrey back next season to see what he can do in a reserve roll...maybe return man?

Getting a RB this draft wouldn't solely be the team saying they need to have a third head on this running game. To me it would be them saying they don't know what they have in Ajayi past this season, so lets emphasize this position if we can get a good guy this year and get him into the pipeline. It would be like Howie to do just that.

Even to go as far as spending 32 there (or trading down slightly and getting RB 2nd round). Luxury pick is the term I hear a lot.

But when you are looking at the roster over the next 3 years vs 1 year it doesn't look super luxury to me. If a solid RB is the BPA at 32 I am still OK with this.

smokeyburgess

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles are going to miss Blount more than some fans suspect. No disrespect to Ajayi or Clement, who were terrific, but he added a dimension to the running game that was crucial to the team's success: a straight-ahead "bowler" capable of breaking tackles and making tough yards. Guys like him don't come along every day. Do any of the RBs available in the draft have the same MO?

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Eagles are going to miss Blount more than some fans suspect. No disrespect to Ajayi or Clement, who were terrific, but he added a dimension to the running game that was crucial to the team's success: a straight-ahead "bowler" capable of breaking tackles and making tough yards. Guys like him don't come along every day. Do any of the RBs available in the draft have the same MO?

You speak about the very thing I’m going to miss about him in midnight green.

That said....while he had some amazing bowling plays (that run against the Chargers, unf) and was such a rock in playoffs, he did have trouble all year at the goal line and the back half of the season at something like 2.9 ypc.

To answer your question from my point of view....I don’t know that the team needs a runner with his MO. This isn’t a rigid system that requires certain talents, it’s a flexible system coached to play to players strengths. That makes a huge difference, and really matters when you just can’t/won’t pay what someone else is offering.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton Vander Esch visited the Birds today. He is their prime target in the draft. Let's see if Howie can maneuver to get him.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're one perceptive motherfucker.

Also notice... once he leaves that team... they don't win the SB after he leaves??? Just saying...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got 2.5 mill.

Assuming you guys didn't have any interest in bringing him back. He chose Philly over Detroit last offseason. And we had the worst run in game in the league last year. Not really a place to succeed if you're a back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, it's 2million.

With incentives worth up to 500K based on yardage, playing time and TDs.

Far from a huge deal.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also notice... once he leaves that team... they don't win the SB after he leaves??? Just saying...
if he somehow brings a championship to Detroit this season, he should go in the HOF.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever notice lately he goes to a team and they win a Super Bowl and then he's no longer on the team
That theory was hot.... but just sparked and now its a dumpster fire.