• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legarrette to Detroit for Big contract

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we can take that type of luxury with the pick. This is when Howie will really earn his paycheck. You are up against the cap and have very few impact level draft picks. You have to hit on this first round pick a absolute homerun or this draft class could be a total wash. It's pretty disappointing that we didn't trade Foles before all the QB chairs got filled. I would look OL, LB or TE for the pick. Then next in line will be WR and RB. But you have Ajayi and Clement to carry a big chunk of the carries. So maybe they keep Sproles for the passing game though Clement showed very well in that as well. I'm sure we will have to put up with Pumphrey this pre season.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reactions: ill

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve watched some guys who were part of this “waiting for a lifetime run” move on with hardly a blink. It’s all business. And this player moving on is just business too.

But this one stings a little. Yeah, he brought a great vet presence in the locker room. But, for me, I just liked to watch this guy run over people in midnight green. Ajayi is a fun RB. Clement is a hell of a find who is fun to watch. But Blount was just an amazing bowler to watch rumble all over the field. I’ll miss that.

I also think this doesn’t change the pick at 32. It’s still a bpa play. If that’s RB, so be it.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount did well for us in his role, but it's a stacked RB draft and he is replaceable. I still think there's a good chance we trade down from our 1st round pick into the early to middle of Rd 2 in exchange for a 3rd round pick. Teams with early 2nd round picks love to trade back into the end of Rd 1 in order to get that 5th year option ... especially when targeting QB's. If that happens we can snag a RB in either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Remember Clement was an "undrafted" free agent ... Kamara and Kareem Hunt 3rd rounders.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of what you said is false. Was he even offered a deal here?

3rd or worst best RB on the team is easily replaceable.

Ouch! False, really? So much for expressing an opinion.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for him.

Clement developed nicely, so we're good.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount did a nice job for us but he is not worth the money. We have 2 very capable running backs right now and hopefully Pumphreys develops into a player this year. I am not very hopeful he will but I will try to be optimistic. :D Would sill like to see us grab Sproles for a low veteran deal if possible.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we gonna have any players left. Granted all these players that left are expendable. Valuable but expendable.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions needed a RB and they got one.....4.5 million is huge?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy that Blount is getting a little payday near the end of his career. He was solid for us and I will always love the guy now.

But he is not worth $4.5 mil a year at this time. That's a name signing.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s something I love about all this stuff.

It’s possible for LGB to be both not worth 4.5 a year to us, and totally worth it to Detroit.

It’s all situational, and drives this free market for the players. And let’s face it, compared to baseball or basketball they get paid less to do something more risky. They deserve this market to exist.

Conversely, Detroit needed to do something at RB and step out into the mercy of this market to make something happen. I’m not well versed on the Lions to say if they have a top end line to run the ball or not. But that’s an example of how a team can’t just go pay market value for a guy who improves their backfield without the other pieces that have to go with it.

It all Sums up the free agent market nicely. Players in position make a killing. Teams have to learn how to do it along with many other personnel aspects just to have a shot. The smart ones learn how to use FA effectively to dip into the pool and find the right complementary pieces, or convincing valuable pieces to take a little less to have a shot.

It makes this time of year fun for a football fan like me. As much as I marvel at how the talent and coaches do it from Aug to Jan....I marvel at how personnel people do it from Feb to Aug.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount is worth the money. Wish the Eagles kept him for another season.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever notice lately he goes to a team and they win a Super Bowl and then he's no longer on the team

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss blount. I love Ajay and the way he runs so angry. But blount was great insurance and just a straight ahead bowler. I felt more confident in our RB stable, having that insurance. We will be ok, but he did bring something the others don't have. I think Ajay is much better running towards the edge than up the middle. And I worry about him holding onto the ball and staying healthy if asked to go up the middle too much. Clements constantly surprises me, but he is still not a bowler. Bottom line, we are missing a key knife in the set now - but it was a luxury, more than a need.

TE is still the biggest need on offense to me.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our needs are: TE; WR; LB; S; and RB.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll miss Blount most for his leadership and the camaraderie he brought to the team, and yes, his running style was fun to watch. I was kind of hoping there would be some way to keep him around another year but for what he got from Detroit, good for him and all the best to him and his family.

I wouldn't rule out Celek possibly returning later on in the year at reduced cost, especially if he still wants to play... and we have an intriguing player on the PS named Billy Brown who flashed in preseason, and almost made the 53 man roster that can be the 2nd receiving option. TE may not be as big a need as some might think.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of what you said is false. Was he even offered a deal here?

3rd or worst best RB on the team is easily replaceable.
this

Clement will be our starter next season. RB is not a priority.