• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Left coast swing commences.....LAA 8/21-24

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzalez came into the season with a wide variation of opinions about him from prospect mavens, but everyone seemed to agree his ceiling is impressive. In his Rockies top 10 prospect chat in January for Baseball America, Tracy Ringolsby praised his intelligence and said “he might have the highest ceiling of any player in the organization.” Fangraphs had Gonzalez at #7 in their Rockies prospect rankings this offseason — they appear to be the high folks on him -- with praise for his “precocious instincts,” noting that he should have “big raw power” as he grows. Fangraphs also says that Gonzalez is a plus runner once he gets going (though below-average home to first), and that, plus his instincts, may allow him to stay in center as he fills out. John Sickels had Gonzalez at #15 coming into the season, putting him in the high-risk, high-reward category.

The consensus on Gonzalez is that he’s got great instincts and baseball IQ, has a lot of raw power potential, and the arm to play either center or right, with the big questions being whether he’ll iron out the issues with his swing so that he’ll make enough contact to be productive, and how much he will fill out. He is seen as having star potential, but also being so far away, and with so much refinement needed, that his bust potential is very high as well.

This is a surprisingly good return for Jonathan Lucroy, who the Rangers had clearly decided to move on from, and who was having a very disappointing walk year. Gonzalez certainly could flame out in A ball, and end up being another one of the toolsy guys that the Rangers love who couldn’t hit, but he also could be a legitimate impact player at the major league level. I expect to see him in the 8-15 range on Rangers prospect listings this offseason.
right now he is listed as #20 on the Rangers top prospect

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose list?

Edit.

I see you are referring to MLB's list. Looking at that list I would put him above at least 5 of those guys and I think some others will have him above at least 5 of those guys as well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the following guys are our 8 best prospects and I can see arguing for Pedro Gonzalez being placed just below them. Somewhere between 9 and 15 for Pedro I think, but closer to 9 in my estimation.

Calhoun
Guzman
Taveras
Ragans
Crouse
Seise
Mendez
Cody

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does it look just like Minute Maid?

A lot of people said that when these were first released. I think (or hope) they were just quick renderings to give an idea, and not an exact image of what to expect.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people said that when these were first released. I think (or hope) they were just quick renderings to give an idea, and not an exact image of what to expect.

If it isn't, then it appears to be a duplication of the Juice Box and that's not a compliment.

The same company has done an awful lot of stadiums around the country and perhaps they're running out of good, new ideas.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it isn't, then it appears to be a duplication of the Juice Box and that's not a compliment.

The same company has done an awful lot of stadiums around the country and perhaps they're running out of good, new ideas.

I definitely don't want something that looks like every other place.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does it look just like Minute Maid?

View attachment 165054

It wouldn't surprise me. One thing I do is that I always watch the other teams broadcast crew whenever I watch the Rangers ( I pay for MLB at bat app). When the Tigers were in town, they talked about our ball park.

They said what made our park great was that we took elements from the other good parks in the game, blended them all together, and made an aesthetically pleasing ball park ( not an aesthetically pleasing wall).

The broadcast crew said that we took our right field idea from old tiger stadium

The scoreboard in left field idea was taken from Fenway.

The offices in the outfield was taken from comiskey.

That big arching stonewall in left field definitely reminds me of Minute Maid ( on the new park)

Rudy_Rangerfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gerry Fraley, Rangers beat writer for SportsDayDFW.com and The Dallas Morning News, answered questions about the team during a live chat Thursday. Here are some of the highlights:

Question: If the Rangers do turn away from Tyson Ross, who's the best available option?

Fraley: Internal? Nick Martinez, who has 24 consecutive scoreless innings at Round Rock. External? The White Sox would deal [Miguel] Gonzalez.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The broadcast crew said that we took our right field idea from old tiger stadium

And that about sums up, several things, on several fronts.

RF is designed after the old Chomsky Park in Chicago (White Sox).....And anytime you build into your design to have your fan/support base to have obstructed views, that is a mistake. And we did it on purpose.

Anytime you mention our "announcing team" and making it sound like facts.......Well, perhaps that's not the greatest ideas to begin with.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that about sums up, several things, on several fronts.

RF is designed after the old Chomsky Park in Chicago (White Sox).....And anytime you build into your design to have your fan/support base to have obstructed views, that is a mistake. And we did it on purpose.

Anytime you mention our "announcing team" and making it sound like facts.......Well, perhaps that's not the greatest ideas to begin with.

It was the Detroit announcing team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me an air conditioned ballpark with plenty of parking and easy access to all areas of the stadium. Give me good views from all over the park and have enough concessions that you hardly ever have to wait longer than 5 or 6 minutes in line. The present ballpark has some problems in many of those areas. I would also like less of the huge and outrageous food items. Give me plenty of variety of smaller less outrageous items without thinking you have to trick up so many of the items on the menu. If I get those things the stadium could look any number of different ways and I would be happy.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me an air conditioned ballpark with plenty of parking and easy access to all areas of the stadium. Give me good views from all over the park and have enough concessions that you hardly ever have to wait longer than 5 or 6 minutes in line. The present ballpark has some problems in many of those areas. I would also like less of the huge and outrageous food items. Give me plenty of variety of smaller less outrageous items without thinking you have to trick up so many of the items on the menu. If I get those things the stadium could look any number of different ways and I would be happy.

Can't really say I've experienced any of the issues you mention to any sort of annoying degree. I view a day at the Ballpark equal to a day on the golf course... no matter the outcome, I'm enjoying a day outside, off of work, experiencing something I enjoy more than most things. In other words, for me personally, there's no such thing as a bad day at a baseball game.