• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebrun reporting that the NY Post is reporting...

islander4cups

Franchise dman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
been an awfully long time since that rumor came out with no confirmation of it or that it has been signed.

hmmmm

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been an awfully long time since that rumor came out with no confirmation of it or that it has been signed.

hmmmm

I am skeptical as well. Didn't he get offered a 7 year $70M contract last year? Why would he all of a sudden take a $10M discount? Something about that report is fishy.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nothing is fishy. you guys do know that jersey has to trade a player first right? you can only be 10 % over the cap and if they sign kovalchuk then they are more than 10% over the cap.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't care about the market, i think ovie's salary should be the limit with sid and geno's...well basically off limits too. obviously certain GMs are forced to spend more because of the market, but it's still just wrong. kovy doesn't derserve that type of money.

I gotta disagree. With the Salary Cap being $60M, if some team wants to pay Dominic Moore $12M for this year, then that's their prerogative, regardless of what OV, Sid, Malkin or any other NHL player makes.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing is fishy. you guys do know that jersey has to trade a player first right? you can only be 10 % over the cap and if they sign kovalchuk then they are more than 10% over the cap.

Saying no to $10M per, then saying yes to $8.6M per just a few months later is pretty fishy. Unless I see something official, I won't believe it.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea i have no idea why people are getting so bent out of shape about it. the only reason there is drama is because people are talking about it. if you do not care where he goes or think he does not deserve the money then o well. there are other free agents out there who have not signed.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't care about the market, i think ovie's salary should be the limit with sid and geno's...well basically off limits too. obviously certain GMs are forced to spend more because of the market, but it's still just wrong. kovy doesn't derserve that type of money.

Well you can not care if you like but its simply a fact that a player who is a UFA is going to get more and is worth more than he might be in other scenarios.

Kovalchuk is a good player in the prime of his career who has spent his entire career on bad teams, with the exception of one season perhaps. And still he has some of the more impressive offensive numbers of any since he has been in the league. So who knows how good he will be for another team.

Ovechkin and Crosby are better, but I am not sure they would have fared much better than Ilya if they were in his situation in Atlanta for 8 seasons.