• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron to Phoenix

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know most will not agree but I would not want lebron. It would be a cheap way to win a championship!

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say that there is pretty much a 0% chance that LeBron comes to Phoenix, yet they don't give any reasons why. Annoying.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing people say that there is pretty much a 0% chance that LeBron comes to Phoenix, yet they don't give any reasons why. Annoying.

1 big reason is him wanting to stay in the Eastern Conference. It's a cake walk to the finals there.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if James signs with the Suns, but if he happens to think highly of Goran Dragic, I suppose that he could give Phoenix a look. I doubt that he would be impressed by the Suns' big men, though.

Where I disagree with the author of that article is that he seems to think that a 'max contract' is going to be important to James. Conversely, if James is willing to leave Miami, then I doubt that he's going to care about receiving a 'max' deal. Sure, he'll still want to make at least $20M a year, most likely, but he's going to care more about winning championships. With all his endorsements, and how those endorsements could further expand with more championships, milking every last dollar out of his salary is going to be of little importance to him.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Suns have $33.5 million in salary-cap space and could shed the next $10 million needed to sign James and Anthony to maximum contracts without unloading the young core of guards Eric Bledsoe and Goran Dragic and center Miles Plumlee that pushed the franchise to 48 victories in the Western Conference last season."

I want the drugs that Wojnarowski is taking.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in their right minds thinks pairing 2 guys who play the same position & both require the ball in their hands with a two PG team? And not only are they point guards, they also are the type that need the ball in their hands to be most effective.

So this theoretical team would look like this:

PG- Dragic
PG- Bledsoe
SF- Lebron
SF- Melo
C- Plumlee

That is terrible. Seriously, I need some of whatever they are smoking to make them think this would be a good idea.

Not only that, but if this was the plan from the start, why draft who we drafted? Why wouldn't they draft a PF & SG? Now if you said Lebron & we sold our soul for Kevin Love, I could buy into that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the idea is that the Suns would entice Lebron by letting him pick whatever superstar that he wants to pair with (Melo, Bosh, Love, etc.). Doesn't have to be Anthony.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we got LeBron and Melo I wouldn't care Davis. So worth it.

I don't think you understand how terrible that team would be. Who is Melo going guard? This team would score 110 ppg & give up 111 ppg. The amount of iso plays & poor possessions would break all know records. This would be a 2nd round team at best. This lineup should be filed in the redundant redundancy file.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand how terrible that team would be. Who is Melo going guard? This team would score 110 ppg & give up 111 ppg. The amount of iso plays & poor possessions would break all know records. This would be a 2nd round team at best. This lineup should be filed in the redundant redundancy file.

It's a league that requires stars to win championships. Plain and simple. Melo wouldn't be a great fit, but LeBron as a stretch four would be wonderful. Hornacek would find a way to make it work.

If the opportunity presents itself for this to come to fruition then there's no way in hell I'd pass up on something like this. Not a chance.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a league that requires stars to win championships. Plain and simple. Melo wouldn't be a great fit, but LeBron as a stretch four would be wonderful. Hornacek would find a way to make it work.

If the opportunity presents itself for this to come to fruition then there's no way in hell I'd pass up on something like this. Not a chance.

As long as your prepared for D'Antoni type results, then go for it. :lol:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as your prepared for D'Antoni type results, then go for it. :lol:

Says who? Hornacek isn't Dantoni. And Dantoni didn't have LeBron and Melo to work with. LeBron is an excellent defender as are Bledsoe and Dragic. The only liability would be Melo. Just imagine LBJ, Bled and Dragic creating for Green/Melo/Kieff on the perimeter. PLUS this doesn't jeopardize our future as we'd still have Goodwin, Len, Ennis and Warren.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're lying to yourself if you'd honestly turn this down. Especially as a Suns fan... after all the bullshit we've been through, we deserve a title and I don't care how it comes.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a huge Melo fan, but adding Lebron to any team makes them ,at the very least, a fringe championship contender.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Coro is now reporting the same story about Lebron and Melo. If nothing else, I like the effort from the front office.

azsportsman6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how any suns fan wouldn't love this. It's a perfect fit for the short term and long term, saying you honestly wouldn't want Lebron on your team is ridiculous. We would instantly be among the top 3 teams in the nba.