• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron and making guys better (continued)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are truly retarded.

It's obvious to every lifelong basketball fan that LeBron doesn't make guys around him better. Statistics show that Wade and Bosh were the ones who sacrificed their roles to accomodate LeBron, as does the eye test and everything else.

It amazes me that anyone can look at LeBron's stats this year and say he's sacrificed anything. He's sacrificed maybe two points off his scoring average. To him, that's miniscule.

Ah, but his nuthuggers will say he boosts his teammates FG percentage. However the thing is, when a player shoots less, it usualy means his FG percentage will go up.

Joel Anthony shoots a high percentage. Does that make him a product of LeBron or even make him a good shooter? No, of course not. It's because he doesn't shoot much at all. Durrr! Durrr!

Barring a steep decline in his game in his 30's, LeBron will go down as one of the 15 greatest players of all-time, but he's an individual-based player. The Cavs had back-to-back 60 win seasons on LeBron's individual prowess alone, but individuals don't win championships. Teams win championships.

All in all, I'd still take Charles Barkley and Karl Malone over LeBron when talking about the 15 greatest players ever. The only reason those guys don't have rings is because they had roadblocks in the names of Jordan and Hakeem.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the entire premise of the CBS boards was to hate on Lebron, LOL

Carry on

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are truly retarded.

It's obvious to every lifelong basketball fan that LeBron doesn't make guys around him better. Statistics show that Wade and Bosh were the ones who sacrificed their roles to accomodate LeBron, as does the eye test and everything else.

It amazes me that anyone can look at LeBron's stats this year and say he's sacrificed anything. He's sacrificed maybe two points off his scoring average. To him, that's miniscule.

Ah, but his nuthuggers will say he boosts his teammates FG percentage. However the thing is, when a player shoots less, it usualy means his FG percentage will go up.

Joel Anthony shoots a high percentage. Does that make him a product of LeBron or even make him a good shooter? No, of course not. It's because he doesn't shoot much at all. Durrr! Durrr!

Barring a steep decline in his game in his 30's, LeBron will go down as one of the 15 greatest players of all-time, but he's an individual-based player. The Cavs had back-to-back 60 win seasons on LeBron's individual prowess alone, but individuals don't win championships. Teams win championships.

All in all, I'd still take Charles Barkley and Karl Malone over LeBron when talking about the 15 greatest players ever. The only reason those guys don't have rings is because they had roadblocks in the names of Jordan and Hakeem.

Doesn't sound like you are a lifelong bball fan.

He is taking fewer shots bc he is taking smarter shots, more quality shots. And the past has proved it, Mo had his best season in Cleveland percentage and numbers wise. Wade having the best shooting year of his career....coincidence??!

Individual based player?? Assists, rebounds doesn't that help the team...yah

LOL@ an Indiana butthurt fan...last season is over, get over it. Just bc you have a bunch of punks on your team, don't get mad.

We have another SMan...:yahoo:

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However the thing is, when a player shoots less, it usualy means his FG percentage will go up.

Actually, no. This is exactly why percentages are used. The real crux of why a percentage is a good tool to use.

If you are going to start another Lebron hate thread, at least try to make yourself look like you don't need a helmet.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone watched Mo Williams play during Utah's Playoff run, you'd see he's just as good without LeBron. Unforunately, he had thumb surgery that cut his season in half and likely the reason the Jazz failed to make the Playoffs.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I would argue that Mo Williams is a better and more mature player now for having suffered the heartbreak of LeBron leaving his (former) team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone watched Mo Williams play during Utah's Playoff run, you'd see he's just as good without LeBron. Unforunately, he had thumb surgery that cut his season in half and likely the reason the Jazz failed to make the Playoffs.

So that is your reason why LBJ is an individual player and makes his teammates worse. :lame:

If you make a troll thread, at leadt have some good reasoning. FAIL!

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So that is your reason why LBJ is an individual player and makes his teammates worse. :lame:

If you make a troll thread, at leadt have some good reasoning. FAIL!

But the thing is, clowns like you argue that LeBron James made Mo what he is, which is bullshit.

Unlike most, I've actually followed the Jazz season and my basketball knowledge extents beyond the Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Clippers, and Thunder.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must hurt to be this dumb. I thought you were supposed to be some genius with basketball knowledge? Face it. Youre still mad because of how the popular kids treated you in high school. Talk to your therapist so he can help you with the Lebron hate.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 pt pct never shot over 40, had two seasons w/ Cavs shot 42% and 43%.

Your posts now mean nothing, troll!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricane is just recycling his old tired arguments from CBS. Pretty soon he will tell you how his greatest achievement in life was being voted best blogger or something like that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is NBA mod???...non-existent

I wish they would start deleting these troll threads, gets old.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why use thumb surgery as an excuse for Williams but not for Larry Hughes when he had 2 surgeries on his middle finger on his shooting hand? He was never the same after the surgeries.

Tell us again how Hughes was an all-star before he got to Cleveland....haha

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what one means by "making teammates better". If memory serves, while some of the numbers for D-Wade and Bosh went down, things like FG% went up. This would be the result of teams not being able to concentrate solely on stopping them because of Lebron's presence.

Lebron is also a willing passer (he's even been called "too willing") which means he helps them get better because not only are they getting better looks, he is getting them the ball so that they can take advantage of those better looks.

Of course things like scoring averages are going to drop when you put 3 star players together because they are no longer required to always be the first option.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're approaching Jefe/CL67/Sman with your hate for Lebron...Pretty lame.

Soon enough ppl would just ignore these lame threads

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry West made Wilt Chamberlain less of a player.
His individual stats went down.

I think Magic Johnson made Kareem less of a player.

I think Kobe made Ron Artest less of a player.

I think Kobe made Steve Nash/Dwight Howard/Antawn Jamison less of players.
Their individual stats went down.

Those statements are equally as absurd.

I don't understand why people are going so far out of their way to find any tiny little thing to completely dismiss Lebron.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0ff.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: