• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron and making guys better (continued)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is called hate Horns

Exactly!! Nothing wrong with hating a player or a team, we're fans, it's what we do!!

But there is a big difference between hating a player and still recognizing that he is a great player and hating them and trying to deny that they are a great player!!

I am not a Lebron fan by any stretch of the imagination, but that doesn't mean that I can't also recognize that he is the best player in the game today!!

I also didn't like MJ or Bird, but that doesn't change the fact that they were 2 of the greatest player to ever set foot an the court!!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jerry West made Wilt Chamberlain less of a player.
His individual stats went down.

I think Magic Johnson made Kareem less of a player.

I think Kobe made Ron Artest less of a player.

I think Kobe made Steve Nash/Dwight Howard/Antawn Jamison less of players.
Their individual stats went down.

Those statements are equally as absurd.

I don't understand why people are going so far out of their way to find any tiny little thing to completely dismiss Lebron.

It's called becoming over the hill and rightfully sacrificing your role to close out your career. KG and Ray Allen for instance were entering the twilight of their careers when they joined Paul Pierce in Boston. They were old. You'd have to expect mature veterans like that to sacrifice their roles in order to win late in their careers.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why use thumb surgery as an excuse for Williams but not for Larry Hughes when he had 2 surgeries on his middle finger on his shooting hand? He was never the same after the surgeries.

Tell us again how Hughes was an all-star before he got to Cleveland....haha

What the fuck are you talking about? How was I making an excuse for Williams? I made a point that his absense for half the season is the likely reason the Jazz missed the Playoffs. Durrr. Durrr.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're approaching Jefe/CL67/Sman with your hate for Lebron...Pretty lame.

Soon enough ppl would just ignore these lame threads

Translation - "I'm butt-hurt that people who actually know the game had trashed my hero."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on the flip side, his assists average was higher this year than any year he played with LeBron. See, I can cherry-pick stats just as well as you can moron.:omg:

I showed you proof. I showed you basically every stat, and you got one stat...one stat

Fucking troll!

You are wrong, admit it bitch

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation - "I'm butt-hurt that people who actually know the game had trashed my hero."

:lol:

You haven't proved anything from this thread.

You can hate him all you want, but don't make troll threads and make up shit when you can't back it up with proof or stats.

I already knocked this thread to the ground with my Mo proof earlier. :clap:

:stfu:

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you guys are truly retarded.

It's obvious to every lifelong basketball fan that LeBron doesn't make guys around him better. Statistics show that Wade and Bosh were the ones who sacrificed their roles to accomodate LeBron, as does the eye test and everything else.

It amazes me that anyone can look at LeBron's stats this year and say he's sacrificed anything. He's sacrificed maybe two points off his scoring average. To him, that's miniscule.

Ah, but his nuthuggers will say he boosts his teammates FG percentage. However the thing is, when a player shoots less, it usualy means his FG percentage will go up.

Joel Anthony shoots a high percentage. Does that make him a product of LeBron or even make him a good shooter? No, of course not. It's because he doesn't shoot much at all. Durrr! Durrr!

Barring a steep decline in his game in his 30's, LeBron will go down as one of the 15 greatest players of all-time, but he's an individual-based player. The Cavs had back-to-back 60 win seasons on LeBron's individual prowess alone, but individuals don't win championships. Teams win championships.

All in all, I'd still take Charles Barkley and Karl Malone over LeBron when talking about the 15 greatest players ever. The only reason those guys don't have rings is because they had roadblocks in the names of Jordan and Hakeem.

One of the major requirements of how to make other players around you better is being unselfish. The next requirement is placing trust on your fellow teammates and encourage their participation in the coach's system. The final requirement is trust in your own ability and be able to anchor the defense and provide plenty of offense. James has done all of that. The team is better as a result. His team-oriented play allows everybody around him to play to their potential. Sometimes he is chastised for not making the final shot, or trying to dominate on scoring. Some people feel he is nervous during those situations. On the other hand, making the right play is always infectious. Players around him know their roles and position themselves to their sweet spots.

Everyone, including James has sacrificed their roles to make the Heat work within a system of team play. It is just so happens that James is efficient in orchestrating the teams offensive flow. If there is anything James is doing, it is making a system of ball movement and offensive efficiency work at a high level. The infectious nature of his unselfish play and efficient offense makes the team as a whole better.

Wade has already deferred to James in his role as the offensive leader of the team. He has confessed that giving the reins for James to run the team is better in the long run. The same is true with Bosh. And with good dividends. Wade is not a hundred percent as was Bosh last year. But Miami as a whole played intelligently and that is how James has made others better. If James played with Kobe do you think he would have made Kobe a better passer and player? No. And vice versa. The difference between Kobe and Wade is that Wade actually deferred to James and learned how to play with him. And more often than not, Wade has succeeded and this is how he is a better player.

The Lakers are quite the opposite. World Peace already mentioned that the talent is there but nothing worked. Kobe is an offensive genius, be it at the free throw line or making shots with such degree of difficulty often bailing the team out. While he has improved his passing and at times his trust with other players to make the shot, this is not exactly how he defined his career. Kobe would have been better served under a coach who knew how to use him and the players around him. But the Lakers have been plagued with injuries and the coach has not developed any sort of rhythm with the rest of the team not named Kobe. Unfortunately, Kobe has some blame in this, as throughout his career he has thrived in situations where he force his will offensively. This has yielded good results if the players around him learn how to play with him. Perhaps the smartest thing Bynum ever said to Howard was how to play with Kobe. But this year, the players did not know their roles or how to play with Kobe and Gasol, the only remaining Laker players who have gone through championships. The team did not gel. Metta World Peace emphasized this after the Laker loss. That was perhaps the only smart thing that ever came out of World Peace's tweets.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I showed you proof. I showed you basically every stat, and you got one stat...one stat

Fucking troll!

You are wrong, admit it bitch

And you didn't show one stat??? So anyone who hates on your butt-buddy LeBron is a troll?

OOOOOOH, Mo sot over 40% from three while playing with LeBron. You gave me one stat, and I gave you an opposite one.

Bottom line is that Mo Williams is a better and more mature player and person right now than he ever was in Cleveland, even if some stats show otherwise. He's a better team player now. LeBron by no means made him the player he is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen.

...to post 27 of course

Last edited by a moderator:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you didn't show one stat??? So anyone who hates on your butt-buddy LeBron is a troll?

OOOOOOH, Mo sot over 40% from three while playing with LeBron. You gave me one stat, and I gave you an opposite one.

Bottom line is that Mo Williams is a better and more mature player and person right now than he ever was in Cleveland, even if some stats show otherwise. He's a better team player now. LeBron by no means made him the player he is.

PPG, FG PCT, 3 PT PCT. I gave you facts and a link. You give me your opinion (which I could care less about).

Fail AGAIN. :lol:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's apparent to me that Shanemansj13 had been the resident front-running bitch here at SportsHoopla (the role Montshow and Simple Jack played back at CBS). He then became famous once we arrived. Let me guess, you were a Cavs fan back in 2009 and a Heat fan now. Must take some serious balls to jump those bandwagons.:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the major requirements of how to make other players around you better is being unselfish. The next requirement is placing trust on your fellow teammates and encourage their participation in the coach's system. The final requirement is trust in your own ability and be able to anchor the defense and provide plenty of offense. James has done all of that. The team is better as a result. His team-oriented play allows everybody around him to play to their potential. Sometimes he is chastised for not making the final shot, or trying to dominate on scoring. Some people feel he is nervous during those situations. On the other hand, making the right play is always infectious. Players around him know their roles and position themselves to their sweet spots.

Everyone, including James has sacrificed their roles to make the Heat work within a system of team play. It is just so happens that James is efficient in orchestrating the teams offensive flow. If there is anything James is doing, it is making a system of ball movement and offensive efficiency work at a high level. The infectious nature of his unselfish play and efficient offense makes the team as a whole better.

Wade has already deferred to James in his role as the offensive leader of the team. He has confessed that giving the reins for James to run the team is better in the long run. The same is true with Bosh. And with good dividends. Wade is not a hundred percent as was Bosh last year. But Miami as a whole played intelligently and that is how James has made others better. If James played with Kobe do you think he would have made Kobe a better passer and player? No. And vice versa. The difference between Kobe and Wade is that Wade actually deferred to James and learned how to play with him. And more often than not, Wade has succeeded and this is how he is a better player.

The Lakers are quite the opposite. World Peace already mentioned that the talent is there but nothing worked. Kobe is an offensive genius, be it at the free throw line or making shots with such degree of difficulty often bailing the team out. While he has improved his passing and at times his trust with other players to make the shot, this is not exactly how he defined his career. Kobe would have been better served under a coach who knew how to use him and the players around him. But the Lakers have been plagued with injuries and the coach has not developed any sort of rhythm with the rest of the team not named Kobe. Unfortunately, Kobe has some blame in this, as throughout his career he has thrived in situations where he force his will offensively. This has yielded good results if the players around him learn how to play with him. Perhaps the smartest thing Bynum ever said to Howard was how to play with Kobe. But this year, the players did not know their roles or how to play with Kobe and Gasol, the only remaining Laker players who have gone through championships. The team did not gel. Metta World Peace emphasized this after the Laker loss. That was perhaps the only smart thing that ever came out of World Peace's tweets.

Agree re: Lebron and what he is doing!! Many have wanted to compare Lebron to MJ, but I've always felt that he compares more favorably to Magic.

Like Lebron, Magic could have led the league in scoring any time he wanted to. Instead, he sacrificed that part of his game to play an all-around game that involved his teammates and had him just providing what his team needed at any given time and involving everyone in the offense. It is said that Magic could score in single digits and still dominate a game.

Lebron has been doing basically the same thing. While I don't think he is quite at the point where he could score in single digits and still dominate a game. He definitely sacrifices scoring to make the Heat work. It's kind of scary to think about what his scoring average might be if he just focused on scoring.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's apparent to me that Shanemansj13 had been the resident front-running bitch here at SportsHoopla (the role Montshow and Simple Jack played back at CBS). He then became famous once we arrived. Let me guess, you were a Cavs fan back in 2009 and a Heat fan now. Must take some serious balls to jump those bandwagons.:lol:

I'm a Cavs fan.

tumblr_m8de91Swod1qdqp5uo1_500.jpg

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, you did give me more than one stat the first time. Doesn't make any difference though. A high 3PT% usually means a higher overall FG%. Still, his scoring was higher in Milwaukee and his assists as I've mentioned countless times were greater in Utah.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ this thread/TROLL

:peace:

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And was also an all star... at least with Lebron

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we get deeper in the playoffs, LeBum James will show his true self. Throwing up BRICKS when it counts,

Heat lovers get a life because your man crush on LeAsshole James won't get you NOT ONE.

So enjoy NOT 80% losers!

Lead by so called BB genius idiota Punchline (BKSBaller) :)

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls need some work in Chicago, but if they advance, you will have three in the East that can play mind games on the cry babies of the Heat as all three combined have a winning record on the LeAsshole James lead Heat.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the Heat win, loser bandwagon fans like Punchline will post another 1,000 post to their SN in support of KNOWN cry babies.