• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Leafs VS Sabres - 7:30PM EST - The Princess Phaneuf and The Slug

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most shocking stat so far in this game:

Total Shots
Toronto - 14
Buffalo - 18

Not shocking at all. You, me and the three Kardashian sisters could outshoot the Leafs.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Leafs could lose twice in the same season to Buffalo...

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Ehrhoff wins it for the Sabres

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really must be tough for Carlyle. He is obviously trying to get the most out of his team, but full of way too many guys not willing to compete

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, lots of dog fuckers out there.

Sabres played well so congrats to them.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really must be tough for Carlyle. He is obviously trying to get the most out of his team, but full of way too many guys not willing to compete

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, I hope so

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not, I hope so

Not sarcastic at all...You not notice how many Leafs players just float around doing nothing? Failing to pick anyone up. Not hustling for loose pucks...It's unreal.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sarcastic at all...You not notice how many Leafs players just float around doing nothing? Failing to pick anyone up. Not hustling for loose pucks...It's unreal.

Sorry, I should have clarified... I wasn't questioning the idea that there were guys in the lineup tonight with low compete levels, I was questioning the idea that Carlyle should somehow escape all blame for this. This lineup is full of "his" guys.

Hell, you know whose compete level I loved? Mikhail Grabovski. He had a goal and an assist and the game winning shootout goal today for the Capitals.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only the Leafs could lose twice in the same season to Buffalo...

I'm baffled by this, Every team has a team that just seems to have their number. The Leafs are what? 1-14-1 at the FN Center in over 2 years so why is this a surprise? I'm not trying to be a smart ass but just curious. I was going to ask when you made a similar comment a few weeks back when the Sabres beat the Leafs.

BTW The Sabres NEVER beat St Louis no matter how bad either team is, they just seem to have the Sabres number. Frankly, I'll be shocked when they beat the Blues. I feel your pain brother. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I should have clarified... I wasn't questioning the idea that there were guys in the lineup tonight with low compete levels, I was questioning the idea that Carlyle should somehow escape all blame for this. This lineup is full of "his" guys.

Hell, you know whose compete level I loved? Mikhail Grabovski. He had a goal and an assist and the game winning shootout goal today for the Capitals.

Yeah, I guess I was being too easy on him.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm baffled by this, Every team has a team that just seems to have their number. The Leafs are what? 1-14-1 at the FN Center in over 2 years so why is this a surprise? I'm not trying to be a smart ass but just curious. I was going to ask when you made a similar comment a few weeks back when the Sabres beat the Leafs.

BTW The Sabres NEVER beat St Louis no matter how bad either team is, they just seem to have the Sabres number. Frankly, I'll be shocked when they beat the Blues. I feel your pain brother. :L

I meant losing to the Sabres 2 times the same year as in a "losing to a team playing badly" spectrum. I would have said the same thing if they lost to us twice.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
benchleafs783783.gif

Forward James van Riemsdyk was clearly tripped on a breakaway, but no call was made by the refs.

NHL Blog - Talk Hockey

:laugh3:

Talk about someone who doesn't know the rules of the game.

57.1 Tripping – A player shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall.
Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.
If, in the opinion of the Referee, a player makes contact with the puck first and subsequently trips the opponent in so doing, no penalty shall be assessed.

BaScFDyCAAA8Trc.png:large

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I guess I was being too easy on him.

I haven't seen tonight's lineup yet but I'm guessing that Rielly will be in and Ranger will be out. And 22+ minutes for Fraser again probably.