• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ vs KD

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been a couple of posts about this but I was hoping we could discuss this in a non trolling manner.

Some stats to look at...

Player Comparison Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

I will be honest at first I dismissed it almost completely. I need to see more games of them both but have been really focused on work.

What do you guys think?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about what I expected. I was surprised KD was not much better at 3pt% though. Once he gets over the hump he is going to take over the league.

vegasfraud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two most efficient high scorers in the league...LeBron is a much better defender and play maker and that's what separates them.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two most efficient high scorers in the league...LeBron is a much better defender and play maker and that's what separates them.

Durant's Drtg and D win shares are pretty good and both better than LBJs. LBJ is probably on the better opposing player more often and is really kind of on auto pilot so far.

IMO LBJs versatility both offensively and defensively make me want LBJ to build around because it gives you so many more options but if I needed a SF to finish the team I might take KD.

It has never been this close imo.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I think Durant is better on offense, but Lebron has a better all around game.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD has more off-court class than LeWrong anyway. Not that that takes much doing.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD has more off-court class than LeWrong anyway. Not that that takes much doing.

That you know of, he has some pretty bitchy tweets and thug life picks but he gets a pass on all that because LBJ is the villain and you can't have the 2 faces of the league both be villains.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the supporting cast LeBron has in Miami easily surpasses what Durant has in OKC. I see a lot of LeBron deferring to other players...team doesn't seem to miss much when he goes to bench....think okc needs Durant a lot more than Miami needs lebron

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the supporting cast LeBron has in Miami easily surpasses what Durant has in OKC. I see a lot of LeBron deferring to other players...team doesn't seem to miss much when he goes to bench....think okc needs Durant a lot more than Miami needs lebron

Pretty easy to win when you're playing with two superstars.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems Heat fans already forgot about LeBron getting his ankles broke by TP in the Finals. KD is a better scorer, LeBron is a better passer and better in the paint with a better cast around him.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty easy to win when you're playing with two superstars.

...and one of the most clutch shooters of all-time (and a future HOFER) in Ray Allen, and a plethora of quaLity veterans off the bench (Battier, Lewis, Beasley, Anderson, Haslem, et al).

In fact, relative to the rest of the competition in the league I think it's safe to say the Heat are arguably the most stacked team since the 60's Celtics.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is ahead so far and if he continues to look this impressive than he's going to win the MVP. As far as who's the better player. The 4 time MVP, 2 time finals MVP and two time Champion who hasn't turned 30 yet... that's who.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant is ahead so far and if he continues to look this impressive than he's going to win the MVP. As far as who's the better player. The 4 time MVP, 2 time finals MVP and two time Champion who hasn't turned 30 yet... that's who.

That is all well and good but I think past accomplishments should be left off the discussion of who is the best right now.

Other wise we have MJ and Doctor J enthusiasts pointing out that they can both still dunk and claim that in todays silly league they would avg 20 ppg.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all well and good but I think past accomplishments should be left off the discussion of who is the best right now.

Other wise we have MJ and Doctor J enthusiasts pointing out that they can both still dunk and claim that in todays silly league they would avg 20 ppg.

I think that its necessary and don't think using MJ and Doctor J is even remotely close to a fair example.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ is a far superior defender.

He can defend all 5 spots.

Up until this Season, Durant was at best a mediocre defender and sometime horrific defender.

Durant has improved, but he cannot defend much more than other 3s and 4s.

LBJ is sort of coasting a bit as two time champs are usually doing to avoid boredom

But when LBJ turns on the defense, he might be arguably the most versatile defender in NBA history not just now.