• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LBJ: "Heat getting weary"

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, most of you know how i feel about LEClown and the Heat, so no need to bring my POV into this, but i saw this article on CBS sports and i thought i'd put it up for discussion...

NEW YORK -- Plenty of punch lines were there for the taking after the Heat's second-straight loss (each in a different borough), such as this: Andrei Kirilenko's nickname on the back of his jersey should've been, "Flopper," according to LeBron James.

The Heat and Nets wore nicknames on their backs Friday night as part of the NBA's scheme to sell more jerseys, but before we get to that, a comment from "King James" after the Heat's 104-95 double-overtime loss to the Nets is worth noting.

Basically, it's not even February yet and the Heat already are weary -- mentally and physically -- from their chase for a third straight title.

WATCH THIS
LeBron loses his cool after taking hard foul
"It's a long and grueling season for all of us, not just us because we're the champs," James said after fouling out for only the sixth time in his career and the first time in a regular season game since 2008. "We've played a lot of basketball in our four years together. It's taken a lot of wear and tear on all our bodies. It's mentally fatiguing. And you just try to find the motivation the best way you can as an individual and as a collective group."

They didn't find it on this trip to New York, where they lost to the Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Thursday night and then fell in Brooklyn. Miami was without three starters due to injuries: Dwyane Wade missed his eighth game due to knee soreness (he also missed one due to illness), and Mario Chalmers (Achilles tendonitis) and Shane Battier (bruised quad) also were out.

"We're banged up right now," James said. "We're not an excuse team right now, but we've got three starters [out]. And even though we've got a lot of depth, it's hard to make up for three starters being out, so we could all use a break for sure."

James will get his wish. The Heat will return to Miami and won't practice for the next two days. Then, it's another trip to the White House on Tuesday followed by a game against the Wizards on Wednesday night.

GAME RECAP
Nets 104, Heat 95
The Heat's performance wasn't as skittish as the one they served up the previous night in Manhattan -- "That was our alter ego," a team source said -- but there was still enough frustration to go around. James said his body language was "all wrong" in the first half, and he apologized to his teammates at halftime. A flagrant foul he absorbed from Mirza Teletovic fired up the four-time MVP, but after fouling out with 36 seconds left in the first OT, James had to watch the rest from the bench.

"He went around the neck; that was my neck," James said. "It's not a basketball play."

James said he never heard the whistle for a subsequent offensive foul that had been called on him against Kirilenko, who was chasing James down as he drove to the rim.

"I thought Kirilenko flopped a few times, to be honest about it," James said. "He flopped a few times and he got the call. I thought the last one that fouled me out, that could've been a charge for sure. He was trying to put his hands on me as I drove and that's' what got him off balance and he was able to get the call. But Kirilenko flopped on me a couple of times."

One thing's for sure: This trip to New York for the Heat -- billed before the season as a highlight on the NBA calendar -- was a flop. And from the way James was talking on Friday night, the Heat -- like many New Yorkers -- could use a vacation in Miami.

wasn't sure if anyone had already put this up yet...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slumping right now.

well, it's been discussed at length by some as it truly is hard to 3-peat and the grind DOES get to a team. as a long time fan of the Lakers i can tell you that the long term fatigue truly DOES sink in. with the regular grind of the season and adding and additional 16(that'd be 98 for the mathematically challenged) needless to say it WILL take it's toll. it's one of the overriding factors in why it's so rarely done imo even by dominant teams...

going by that the Heat have played 43 additional games over the last few seasons not counting this one...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I've been saying. The Heat aren't just trying to get a 3rd straight title, they are trying to make it to a 4th straight finals. That's among the hardest things to do in sports and wears a team down both mentally and physically.

Like Lebron said, they've been playing a lot of basketball over the last 4 years. It takes a toll.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I've been saying. The Heat aren't just trying to get a 3rd straight title, they are trying to make it to a 4th straight finals. That's among the hardest things to do in sports and wears a team down both mentally and physically.

Like Lebron said, they've been playing a lot of basketball over the last 4 years. It takes a toll.

then throw in the games these guys played in the Olympics, etc and it HAS to be a killer...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then throw in the games these guys played in the Olympics, etc and it HAS to be a killer...

True. Forgot about that. That's one of the things that's used when they talk about all of the mileage on Kobe. Not only regular season and playoffs, but also Olympics. Many of the foreign born players also play for their national teams in off-season tournaments outside of the Olympics.

They never get a full off-season to rest and nagging injuries don't get a chance to heal completely.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a well needed break. We just finished a 5 game in 7 night stretch and in only 1 of those games we had our full starting lineup. Anyway we are currently 2 games ahead of last year pace currently and our bench is improved with the improvement of Cole and the addition of Beasley.

BTW thanks for not creating another troll heat thread

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a well needed break. We just finished a 5 game in 7 night stretch and in only 1 of those games we had our full starting lineup. Anyway we are currently 2 games ahead of last year pace currently and our bench is improved with the improvement of Cole and the addition of Beasley.

BTW thanks for not creating another troll heat thread

np, man. but yeah it's pretty clear they needed the break in their schedule to help with rest. in all honesty though even that might not help, though it CERTAINLY can't hurt looking at the overall picture...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue with Miami this year IMO has been their defense. I haven't seen them play that Heat shutdown defense very often this yr

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turn it on in spurts. Its pretty interesting to watch because I've never seen a team do it and be successful. After the ASG i want to see if they can be consistent with their defense.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They turn it on in spurts. Its pretty interesting to watch because I've never seen a team do it and be successful. After the ASG i want to see if they can be consistent with their defense.

The defensive end of the floor is where it really shows up too. Defense is mainly about effort and when a team has logged the minutes that the Heat have over the past 3+ years, it gets harder and harder to bring it. Saw this twice with Lakers just since 2000.

It almost makes me want to see the Heat pull it off and make a 4th straight finals just because it's so rare. ALMOST!!:lol:

If memory serves, the last team to pull it off was the 80's Celtics and I believe they went 2-2.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here seems to understand the obvious.
There is no way to go full throttle for the Heat this year and expect for anything to be left in the tank when IT MATTERS.

When the Spurs rested players last year most fans with an type of basketball IQ knew it was the prudent move.

If the Heat are healthy is May/June, they will be hell to beat in a 4/7 series.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it in the summer. 4 straight trips is no joke

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to have these issues now versus year end.

The Heat may make it four finals appearances in a row.

The last team to accomplish this? The 1980's Boston Celtics.

The Heat are trying to break a stat from Boston. Yow

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better to have these issues now versus year end.

The Heat may make it four finals appearances in a row.

The last team to accomplish this? The 1980's Boston Celtics.

The Heat are trying to break a stat from Boston. Yow

Agree...I don't mind these minor bumps in the roads during the season as long as it doesn't around playoffs time it is no big deal

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
him calling kirilenko a flopper is ridiculous LeBron Is one of best floppers of all time

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long season is long, heat are tired, all star break everyone should get healthy.

I think that not having your starting line up adds to the exhaustion. More mistakes add to losses and make the season longer. Hopefully post AS break they have the starting line up going good enough to rest for the playoffs.

Also they may be 2 games better than last year at this time but they are not going to have any 15 game winstreaks let alone 27.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
him calling kirilenko a flopper is ridiculous LeBron Is one of best floppers of all time

Since they implemented the flop rules, how many Heat players have been warned/fined?