• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interest, sure. The bye week is the big prize if you're talking about winning the SB. 2 and 3 seeds playing each other while the 1 seed probably gets an easier game. The 1 seed is huge relative to the 2 and 3 imo but obviously everything matters
All home field advantages aren’t created equally. Bills have a huge one and the Chiefs and Bengals have one of the better ones in the league as well.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep saying no one wants to talk about these scenarios but I bet the NFL already knows what their plan is. They just won't release it until more is known about Hamlin and rightly so.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today would be a good day for the league to announce that they are removing Dan Snyder as the owner of the Washington Football Team. They need some good PR after fucking around so much with how they've handled this scenario.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of seeing if 1st and 2nd place would just be willing to split their pots.

This thread would only be 6 pages instead of 34 pages if solving football scheduling issues was that easy!

I know in our fantasy league, there are going to be some rants about how to play this one out. And others not even involved are already demanding an asterisk goes on the trophy for this season.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today would be a good day for the league to announce that they are removing Dan Snyder as the owner of the Washington Football Team. They need some good PR after fucking around so much with how they've handled this scenario.

i dont really get the hate on how the NFL has handled this...

most of it is just noise from reactionary fans... they really havent done anything wrong here....

of course the NFL wanted to finish the game yesterday... so did everyone... you know what finishing the game would have meant?? it would have meant that the kid was fine... Why should the NFL assume that he wont be?? the nfl had to act like things would be ok... until they found out it wont....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

most of it is just noise from reactionary fans... they really havent done anything wrong here....

of course the NFL wanted to finish the game yesterday... so did everyone... you know what finishing the game would have meant?? it would have meant that the kid was fine... Why should the NFL assume that he wont be?? the nfl had to act like things would be ok... until they found out it wont....
Because those players watched their brother receive CPR for 9 minutes, and get shocked back to life. He was technically dead until his heart restarted. You saw the tears streaming down the players faces - regardless of whether he ended up being OK, or not, those players were in absolutely NO shape to resume that game.

What - the actual Fuck....

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep saying no one wants to talk about these scenarios but I bet the NFL already knows what their plan is. They just won't release it until more is known about Hamlin and rightly so.

Honestly the longer NFL goes walking on eggshells like they are with this scheduling announcement and the fact that they postponed the HOF announcements this evening, the more it is making me nervous that this may not end up being the ending the entire sports world is praying for.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because those players watched their brother receive CPR for 9 minutes, and get shocked back to life. He was technically dead until his heart restarted. You saw the tears streaming down the players faces - regardless of whether he ended up being OK, or not, those players were in absolutely NO shape to resume that game.

What - the actual Fuck....

and the NFL let the coaches and the teams themselves decide whether they can finish the game or not... its not like the NFL forced them to play...

again... the hate is mostly reactionary...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are too many people getting paid to just make noise. Then there are too many people that react to these noisemakers. Almost no one comes up with orginal solutions they actually reasoned.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of it stems from Vincent's defense of the league with the "play will resume in 5 minutes" comment from Joe Buck. I know that Vincent is players union, not NFL, but he's defending the NFL here as they aren't saying much. It's just hard for most fans to consider that Joe Buck simply made up this information or that ESPN made up that informations. Too many professionals on that production for that to not be true. Vincent shouldn't have been so incredulous about the NFL and player union position. Would have been easier to say that signals were crossed, the message might have been sent to ESPN, but it was not fully vetted and not the position of the league or union.

Today, they should have come to a conclusion about the outcome/future of last night's game. Stop with the half-way shit - It makes them look weak and indecisive. This is a billion dollar industry with massive amounts of money spent on PR teams. They should have better messaging.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All home field advantages aren’t created equally. Bills have a huge one and the Chiefs and Bengals have one of the better ones in the league as well.
I dont know. KC could play Cinci on the moon and they'd find a way to lose by the score of 27-24

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the NFL let the coaches and the teams themselves decide whether they can finish the game or not... its not like the NFL forced them to play...

again... the hate is mostly reactionary...
FWIW - I don't Hate the NFL - I do think it was handled poorly, and as I've already stated, the fact that there isn't already a contingency plan in place for a suspend game and potentially not having enough time/manuevering to make the game up is a bad job by them. They've had decades of weather suspensions, player injuries, ect....to know that eventually this was going to happen, and they should have something already on the books as to how it would be handled. That way the decision was made with clear heads, no emotional baggage, and not influenced by the immediate knee jerk reactions of fans, players, or the league itself.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it stems from Vincent's defense of the league with the "play will resume in 5 minutes" comment from Joe Buck. I know that Vincent is players union, not NFL, but he's defending the NFL here as they aren't saying much. It's just hard for most fans to consider that Joe Buck simply made up this information or that ESPN made up that informations. Too many professionals on that production for that to not be true. Vincent shouldn't have been so incredulous about the NFL and player union position. Would have been easier to say that signals were crossed, the message might have been sent to ESPN, but it was not fully vetted and not the position of the league or union.

Today, they should have come to a conclusion about the outcome/future of last night's game. Stop with the half-way shit - It makes them look weak and indecisive. This is a billion dollar industry with massive amounts of money spent on PR teams. They should have better messaging.

and again... that 5 minutes is based on the NFL rules... but lets not pretend that the players were forced to get ready in 5 minutes...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
already reading rants about the covid vaccine being the underlying cause.

I hope for a straight answer and put this shit to bed.

There's zero evidence it had anything to do with some vaccine and no reason to suspect that it did. This is not the first time a blow to the chest stopped someones heart in a sporting event. There's no need to invent additional reasons. It's happened in baseball several times.

So a "straight answer" isn't going to stop the nutters from nutting. We can't logic someone out of a position they did not use logic to adopt.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW - I don't Hate the NFL - I do think it was handled poorly, and as I've already stated, the fact that there isn't already a contingency plan in place for a suspend game and potentially not having enough time/manuevering to make the game up is a bad job by them. They've had decades of weather suspensions, player injuries, ect....to know that eventually this was going to happen, and they should have something already on the books as to how it would be handled. That way the decision was made with clear heads, no emotional baggage, and not influenced by the immediate knee jerk reactions of fans, players, or the league itself.

l
they had covid contingencies but the problem is that this happened week 17.... and maybe they have an actual plan but dont want to share it until things cool down...

Upinthe North

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not many suggested it... it was only me... and i am not suggesting it...

i just think it would happen if:

1. The game is played After week 18
2. KC beats the raiders
3. Bengals beat ravens
No there were a couple last night suggesting the same.
I would be very surprised if it happened that way, but it's not completely implausible.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l
they had covid contingencies but the problem is that this happened week 17.... and maybe they have an actual plan but dont want to share it until things cool down...
You are likely giving the NFL too much credit. They got caught with their pants down on this assuming it would never happen (and FWIW could have been weather, or other outside influences that caused a suspended game), and are now scrambling to try and make this work. Much like the MLB all-star game ending in a tie all those years ago...LOL

I don't see them pushing anything back - and playing the game after week 17, and before the playoffs is a non-starter as it would be 3 games in a week for both Buff and Cin (likely). NFLPA is never going to allow that to work.

Just call it a no contest and allow everyone to start the process of moving on. The longer the league holds out on doing this (or anything) the more focus is going to be on the league, and this entire situation. Moving on, definitively and quickly would allow everyone to start moving on as well.

If the rule on the books was simply a game after week 14 (or whatever) that is cancelled/postponed and is not able to be completed that week, will go down as a no-contest. Then - everyone knows what the rule is, it isn't made up on the fly - and it was made at a time where clearer heads were likely thinking rather than having to make this decision in the midst of all the emotion and additional baggage of playoff implications.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope someone chokes the life out of Bart Scott and Skip Bayless live on TV soon / eventually. Enough is fucking enough.