• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game Talk

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirri demoted to Rockford to work on his defense. Kostka sent to Rockford for conditioning. Shaw and Handzus out day to day. Morin and Nordstrom recalled from Rockford. Bickell still not skating yet.

Hmmm, should be an intersting night at Minnesota against the Wild.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirri demoted to Rockford to work on his defense.

Not surprised. Once his offense tailed off, his TOI dropped. If he's weak defensively and isn't putting up points there's no role for him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Dallas game, it sure seemed like the Hawks were skating hard. More shots and less finesse passing (which I like to see).

Was shocked the defense carried the puck in deep throughout the game. Seabs, Keith, and Leddy all were behind the opposing net a few times!!

The goal on the penalty shot was unfortunate.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Dallas game, it sure seemed like the Hawks were skating hard. More shots and less finesse passing (which I like to see).

Was shocked the defense carried the puck in deep throughout the game. Seabs, Keith, and Leddy all were behind the opposing net a few times!!

The goal on the penalty shot was unfortunate.

Just one of those games you have to write off and move on. Not much else to say.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could have used Pirri last nite, Versteeg at center and flopping lines all nite to keep brookbank off the ice as winger. Morin got some PP time and some time on a line with Kane. Another wasted great comeback, pk trouble again. At least Zeus is just sick and not hurt again, but losing two centers is alot to overcome, especially when you send one down that day.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they could have used Pirri last nite, Versteeg at center and flopping lines all nite to keep brookbank off the ice as winger. Morin got some PP time and some time on a line with Kane. Another wasted great comeback, pk trouble again. At least Zeus is just sick and not hurt again, but losing two centers is alot to overcome, especially when you send one down that day.

Agreed. I couldn't understand the Pirri move UNTIL at least Handzus was back playing. Didn't make any sense to me.

What was really deplorable was the "third" line of Morin-Nordstrom-Brookbank. Really? That's the best you can come up with? Although Morin had a goal, it came with Kane double shifting in place of Brookbank.

Coughing up the lead with five minutes left in the game just makes me sick. And losing a game with under two minutes to go makes me sicker. Unless Handzus and Shaw return tonight, I'm not crazy about our chances against the Ducks.

BTW, I love Toews...but I thought he had an awful game last night.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they played hard in the Dallas game and things just didn't go their way, but they absolutely deserved to lose last night, from coaching down to the players. The PK needs to addressed and FAST.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I couldn't understand the Pirri move UNTIL at least Handzus was back playing. Didn't make any sense to me.

What was really deplorable was the "third" line of Morin-Nordstrom-Brookbank. Really? That's the best you can come up with? Although Morin had a goal, it came with Kane double shifting in place of Brookbank.

Coughing up the lead with five minutes left in the game just makes me sick. And losing a game with under two minutes to go makes me sicker. Unless Handzus and Shaw return tonight, I'm not crazy about our chances against the Ducks.

BTW, I love Toews...but I thought he had an awful game last night.

I think Q might have learned something yesterday. Shaw took a hard hit against where the glass meets the boards in the corner from Dallas. I dont think he will play for a while. Pirri would have helped yesterday. They did a pretty good job with all the different lines, but just end this fucking Brookbank at forward shit. If he does play forward, plant his ass in front of the net period. Morin showed he deserves some PP time or at least get on the ice with another offensive guy that can give and receive passes. Scored with Kane and was on the ice when Hossa scored.

Bollig is getting a bit too cute. Our one guy that should be checking every time to me looks like he caught the bug that Carcillo had of wanting to be that finesse guy. He went past so many available checks last night it was sad. For a guy that understood his job, he seems to want to play hockey now. Not that its a bad thing, but if little Shawzee is gonna be guy dropping gloves, he is gonna be hurt often.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad game by Raanta in spite of the loss. I sort of like his game. Can't go wrong with a Finnish goalie these days it seems.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised Raanta got that game, but that perry redirect sure looked more like Oduya causing that goal when they both went down. Pretty incredible Perry got back up with enough after the hit he took.Then the squirty one thru the legs was tough with perrys ass in his mask. he just missed it by a split second because super slo mo showed his pads closed on the ice. Really glad he stood up in a big game though. Gotta work on hanging on to his cue though. bollig started to get physical again, sure glad eddie brought that up. Morin was mixing it up a little too and I thought had another strong game, sticking with losing the puck to get it out of the zone a couple times. the lines were awesome too, just moved Smith up for Zeus a few shifts, still didnt seem 100%.

Fun to watch at least, they were 100 times better than last game for sure and at least they got a point.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is down with a lower body injury. Time to see what Raanta is made of. Should be very interesting to see how he handles it. I predict he'll handle it well. Kid obviously has game. Crawford/Raanta should prove to be the 1-2 goalie combo for the Hawks by the end of the season. That's the Doobster's prediction.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I say, I just dont get Q's thinking. No reason Crow needed to be in the net last night. He went down as bad as Khabi did.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I haven't really talked to the doctors, but I don't think it's too serious," Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville said. "But when it's a goalie, it's a little more serious than other players because you know how important he is to our team."

Quenneville said he will have a better assessment of Crawford on Monday.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Crawford (lower body) won't travel with the Blackhawks to Dallas for Tuesday night's contest versus the Stars.
Chicago has brought up goalie Kent Simpson from the minors to take his place. Crawford suffered a lower-body injury Sunday night and should be considered day-to-day for now.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford is down with a lower body injury. Time to see what Raanta is made of. Should be very interesting to see how he handles it. I predict he'll handle it well. Kid obviously has game. Crawford/Raanta should prove to be the 1-2 goalie combo for the Hawks by the end of the season. That's the Doobster's prediction.

I think we know what Antii is made of, makes alot of really nice saves and lets some squeakers by. Had a turnover that almost cost a goal, but seems like screens from his own players are a bigger problem for him. he is pretty small for a goalie so I expect alot of teams will play an ass in face game against him. He showed alot getting up when Jimmy Hayes almost took his head off with his helmet.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raanta
Pros: He makes some nice saves. Cons: Seems to lose his stick a lot. Also loses sight of the puck after stopping the initial shot. Assessment: Still getting used to the NHL game. Soft goals seem to be a Hawks' goalie mantra, so he should fit in real nice.

Bollig
Cons: Sometimes regresses to "goon" mode. Easy target to criticize in 2012. Pros: He seems to be improving with every game this season. Assessment: I like the improvement and may need to adjust my view of his place on this roster, especially if he continues to be an asset more than a liability.

Stars New Sweaters
Pros: They're still green in keeping with the old Minnesota moniker. Cons: Boring. A huge "D" on a star. Assessment: Hate 'em.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we know what Antii is made of, makes alot of really nice saves and lets some squeakers by. Had a turnover that almost cost a goal, but seems like screens from his own players are a bigger problem for him. he is pretty small for a goalie so I expect alot of teams will play an ass in face game against him. He showed alot getting up when Jimmy Hayes almost took his head off with his helmet.

I wouldn't say we all know what he's made of. I actually had someone on this forum (won't name names) tell me Khabibulin at this stage of his career was better than Raanta. I don't think people respect AHL goalies until they prove themselves in the NHL no matter how much talent they got.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All around good game tonight.

Hats off to Jeremy Morin

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say we all know what he's made of. I actually had someone on this forum (won't name names) tell me Khabibulin at this stage of his career was better than Raanta. I don't think people respect AHL goalies until they prove themselves in the NHL no matter how much talent they got.

Name names God damnit!