• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Coker out at UTSA

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Houston loses quite a bit on defense but they look like the best of the three as far as returnees go. Second year is usually a little more difficult in turnaround IMHO. The opening game with the dirt burglars should be interesting.

While Texas fans likes to point out how many freshman they played, so did TCU. In fact, I think loud mouth Mack Brown said during the Alamo Bowl that only Rice played more frosh this year than TCU. But, replacing Boykin and Doctson will be difficult. We'll see if Kenny Hill is the real deal or he was a flash in the pan and the A&M clusterfuck is indicative of him.

If recruiting rankings are worth anything, Baylor should be able to "reload"...at least to a certain extent. They've had pretty good recruiting classes the past couple of years IIRC. But, that's on paper!

Good stuff...Houston keeps this stuff up, maybe they get invited back with their old SWC mates. Sitting on a gold mine of talent already. But you're more familiar with the political climate down there, so maybe it's not a possibility.

TCU is going to be running this league for a few years. As much as I dislike Patterson, he can coach.

Baylor hauled in some very good D-linemen, one a JUCO. Losing a lot of senior leadership on Dee, though. Offense will miss Jay Lee but still have Coleman and Cannon, hopefully Russell can return to his pre-injury effectiveness. RB stable is pretty solid and Terence Williams got a lot of touches in the bowl game, so he should be more active next year along with the other guys.

But nobody takes these guys lightly anymore...going to be hard to sustain what they accomplished from 2011-2015

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always feel like its hard to maintain the highest level and winning year in and year out at the Non power 5 schools. Outside of Boise who just had a down year, I cant really think of any program that has had maintained success for more than like 3 years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i dont just mean making bowls.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY difficult to sustain success with no tradition of winning. You have to position yourself as the "hot, popular" program to most recruits, or use alternative techniques......uniform variations, etc.......you can win for a while but eventually the power schools rebound and recruits flock back to them.

What helps Baylor and TCU is that they are in a very large state of talent......more D1 level recruits than anywhere else, so they have a good shot at keeping up a quality program. But if they ever go through a prolonged losing period - say one really bad season - that could kill them for several recruiting cycles.

Patterson is a great coach.....but Briles is scum.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU and Texas were very young on Defense, and both have defensive minded HC's. Dont be surprised if both field monters on that side of the ball (here come big 12 doesn't play D jokes). As for UTSA, they need to hire a coach with Texas ties, the fanbase wants Texas TE coach Jeff Traylor.