• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Larry Coker out at UTSA

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Texas State will be the place where old Bama coaches go. Fran, Saban...when do Shula and Mike Price show up?
It's all gonna depend on what kinda strip clubs they've got around there for Price to make an appearance.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all gonna depend on what kinda strip clubs they've got around there for Price to make an appearance.
He's got his choice. Up I-35 to those in Austin or down I-35 to those in San Antonio. Perfect fit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute now, how did Texas State get involved in this? UTSA is in San Antonio, Texas State is in San Marcos or there abouits. I thought this thread was about UTSA. But I'm always a day late and a dollar short so I musta missed something

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute now, how did Texas State get involved in this? UTSA is in San Antonio, Texas State is in San Marcos or there abouits. I thought this thread was about UTSA. But I'm always a day late and a dollar short so I musta missed something
JD Lives!!!!!

And you are right JD. I screwed up this thread.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD Lives!!!!!

And you are right JD. I screwed up this thread.
Naah, you just took it off in a different direction. Hijacked it, I believe is what it's called.

I had a fun little visit to the ER a few days ago. This being over 60 thing ain't quite what I thought it was going to be!!! And I have a long 4 and a half years before medicare kicks in!
Missed about 90% of the bowl games. Just didn't feel up to watchin'em. Did watch the playoff games tho. Good Lord! The final better be a better match-up than the two semis.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coker started the program, and they've done a pretty decent job. Those will be big shoes to fill. Don't know what kind of pull UTSA has but they've had some decent seasons for a new program.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coker started the program, and they've done a pretty decent job. Those will be big shoes to fill. Don't know what kind of pull UTSA has but they've had some decent seasons for a new program.

The wheels fell off the last two seasons, but I think Coker is sick. The AD cried when she announced he was stepping down, talked about how when coker arrived all they had was 1 helmet and 1 ball.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this downgrade them to fifth-best program in Texas?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday Applewhite withdrew himself from consideration of the TX State HC job. UTSA is probably a better job than TX State, but I'm not sure it's enough better that Applewhite stays at Houston as OC.
UTSA in CUSA. TX State in Sun Belt. that alone makes UTSA better. UTSA has a 22-26 FBS record. TX state is 20-28 FBS record. They were in the WAC together and played 1 time against eachother. UTSA won.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this downgrade them to fifth-best program in Texas?
Well, we know only one of the best three programs in the state have "Texas" in their name and it has Christian next to it. At least right now. The other two are on the water, one the bayou in Houston and the other on the banks of the Brazos.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we know only one of the best three programs in the state have "Texas" in their name and it has Christian next to it. At least right now. The other two are on the water, one the bayou in Houston and the other on the banks of the Brazos.

Don't know if you were around for @Wild Turkey 's thread about how Texas was now the fifth-best program in state. It's fairly entertaining.

No question about TCU and Houston, those guys seem set up for a long haul with their coaches. Brile's program is evidently a little more fragile than I had thought. Losing a lot on defense next year, too, especially if Billings opts for the draft. Oakman, Blackshear, Drango, and Jamal Palmer are all gone; Billings could make it the entire defensive line. Plus Xavien Howard is leaving early; Orion Stewart gets all the press in the secondary, but Howard is the more solid player.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you were around for @Wild Turkey 's thread about how Texas was now the fifth-best program in state. It's fairly entertaining.

No question about TCU and Houston, those guys seem set up for a long haul with their coaches. Brile's program is evidently a little more fragile than I had thought. Losing a lot on defense next year, too, especially if Billings opts for the draft. Oakman, Blackshear, Drango, and Jamal Palmer are all gone; Billings could make it the entire defensive line. Plus Xavien Howard is leaving early; Orion Stewart gets all the press in the secondary, but Howard is the more solid player.
I believe Houston loses quite a bit on defense but they look like the best of the three as far as returnees go. Second year is usually a little more difficult in turnaround IMHO. The opening game with the dirt burglars should be interesting.

While Texas fans likes to point out how many freshman they played, so did TCU. In fact, I think loud mouth Mack Brown said during the Alamo Bowl that only Rice played more frosh this year than TCU. But, replacing Boykin and Doctson will be difficult. We'll see if Kenny Hill is the real deal or he was a flash in the pan and the A&M clusterfuck is indicative of him.

If recruiting rankings are worth anything, Baylor should be able to "reload"...at least to a certain extent. They've had pretty good recruiting classes the past couple of years IIRC. But, that's on paper!