• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Landon Collins " The Cowboys are not winning the division"

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landon? Is that you?
Landon's the man... I wish.

He and the Giants D stuck it to the 'boys last season... that's for sure.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably fair, "potentially" far better, may be more accurate

Shepard can make a nice leap past Beasley, although I like beasley

ODB can continue to widen the gap on Dez

And Marshall should be a lot better than whatever other dog shit WR they trot out there, like Terance Williams

And the wildcard could be this hybrid TE, who is seen more as a 4th WR

All those extra WRs are great if Dallas regularly ran multi reciever sets, but that would mean removing the RBs.
I'd take Dallas full offense over NYs without question.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those extra WRs are great if Dallas regularly ran multi reciever sets, but that would mean removing the RBs.
I'd take Dallas full offense over NYs without question.

Between Zeke and that Oline, I could see that

But they scored a grand total of 10 points vs possibly their fiercest rival in the division heading into this season, so we shall see how it all plays out

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landon's the man... I wish.

He and the Giants D stuck it to the 'boys last season... that's for sure.
Winning is all that matters, but not sure about "stuck it to the 'boys" We outgained you by a drop. So yeah you won, but there was no sticking it to anyone. Game 1 was the first NFL game for Dak and Zeke and TWill screwed up or we could have still had a shot to kick a long FG for the win and game 2 a bad angle led to a big catch and run TD for OBJ. So yeah, you won both, you made the plays and we didn't, but both could have gone either way. So easy on the dominance thing...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But they scored a grand total of 10 points vs possibly their fiercest rival in the division heading into this season, so we shall see how it all plays out
10 points? You lost me on that one

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is all that matters, but not sure about "stuck it to the 'boys" We outgained you by a drop. So yeah you won, but there was no sticking it to anyone. Game 1 was the first NFL game for Dak and Zeke and TWill screwed up or we could have still had a shot to kick a long FG for the win and game 2 a bad angle led to a big catch and run TD for OBJ. So yeah, you won both, you made the plays and we didn't, but both could have gone either way. So easy on the dominance thing...
I was talking about the Giant D... and the Giant D held Dallas to 26 pts total in 2 meetings last season.

That's pretty dang good in today's NFL...

... of course, some of that is match-up... the Giant D is big and tough (which is less usual today), and therefore the Giants match-up better against Dallas than most teams.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about the Giant D... and the Giant D held Dallas to 26 pts total in 2 meetings last season.

That's pretty dang good in today's NFL...

... of course, some of that is match-up... the Giant D is big and tough (which is less usual today), and therefore the Giants match-up better against Dallas than most teams.

Dallas is gonna suck this season

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting, I thought they scored more than 10 points TOTAL vs the Giants last year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:couch2: We will just let the Cowgirls and Gmen duke this whole battle out and see who has the division come December....

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably fair, "potentially" far better, may be more accurate

Shepard can make a nice leap past Beasley, although I like beasley

ODB can continue to widen the gap on Dez

And Marshall should be a lot better than whatever other dog shit WR they trot out there, like Terance Williams

And the wildcard could be this hybrid TE, who is seen more as a 4th WR

Hybrid just means "not great at anything".

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:couch2: We will just let the Cowgirls and Gmen duke this whole battle out and see who has the division come December....

Won't be the eagles, that's for sure. Your Oline sucks, your QB has a terrible throwing motion, you have a great RB but he is old, and your WR's are who again? Alshon is a stud when he is motivated but Smith is a never-was. Blount can't do shit for anyone except the Pats, ask the Steelers.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't be the eagles, that's for sure. Your Oline sucks, your QB has a terrible throwing motion, you have a great RB but he is old, and your WR's are who again? Alshon is a stud when he is motivated but Smith is a never-was. Blount can't do shit for anyone except the Pats, ask the Steelers.

:thumb:

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I thought they scored more than 10 points TOTAL vs the Giants last year.

Yeah, I dont know why i had 10-7 and 7-3 stuck in my head

They didnt do a whole lot vs the Dallas D either

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends how the Cowboys rookies/second year guys perform on defense. If there are more hits than misses they win the division.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I'm not counting out any of the 4 teams.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone does not come into the league with the supporting cast that Dak Prescott has.
Tired of people using supporting cast excuse. It's a terrible argument yet I constantly see people use it to criticize Dak. Plenty of QBs have been plopped into good situations only to fall flat. What the fuck have you people been watching? The Texans have had everything in place for the past six-seven years and the QB play has been as poor as ever. Arian Foster, Andre Johnson with good Oline and good defense is about as good of a supporting cast as it gets. Those teams couldn't go deep in the playoffs because they had no great QB play. They have since then drafted guys like JJ Watt, Clowney, and Hopkins. The Texans have been as talented as any team in the NFL since the 10s, but what's the one thing they have lacked? QB play. Why is that? Because basically your argument is that good supporting cast makes the QB. All the Texans needed was a great QB to be on par with the Patriots, but they have never had that even with all those good supporting casts. The same could be said about the Chiefs, but the Chiefs haven't had it as bad as the Texans, but imagine if the Chiefs had elite QB play?

The fact is, good supporting cast doesn't make the QB. The QB makes the QB. Dak is good because he is good, not because of his cast. If that's the case, why didn't the top rushing attack Buffalo Bills make the playoffs last year? How about the Titans? The Jags? Why can't those teams go 13-3? I mean they have everything in place just like Dak did. Dallas was a 4-12 football team without competent QB play. The Texans, Bills, Chiefs, etc. would still be okay without competent QB play. I think that says to me that Dak is pretty dang good at what he does and that the Cowboys can't survive without competent QB play.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tired of people using supporting cast excuse. It's a terrible argument yet I constantly see people use it to criticize Dak. Plenty of QBs have been plopped into good situations only to fall flat. What the fuck have you people been watching? The Texans have had everything in place for the past six-seven years and the QB play has been as poor as ever. Arian Foster, Andre Johnson with good Oline and good defense is about as good of a supporting cast as it gets. Those teams couldn't go deep in the playoffs because they had no great QB play. They have since then drafted guys like JJ Watt, Clowney, and Hopkins. The Texans have been as talented as any team in the NFL since the 10s, but what's the one thing they have lacked? QB play. Why is that? Because basically your argument is that good supporting cast makes the QB. All the Texans needed was a great QB to be on par with the Patriots, but they have never had that even with all those good supporting casts. The same could be said about the Chiefs, but the Chiefs haven't had it as bad as the Texans, but imagine if the Chiefs had elite QB play?

The fact is, good supporting cast doesn't make the QB. The QB makes the QB. Dak is good because he is good, not because of his cast. If that's the case, why didn't the top rushing attack Buffalo Bills make the playoffs last year? How about the Titans? The Jags? Why can't those teams go 13-3? I mean they have everything in place just like Dak did. Dallas was a 4-12 football team without competent QB play. The Texans, Bills, Chiefs, etc. would still be okay without competent QB play. I think that says to me that Dak is pretty dang good at what he does and that the Cowboys can't survive without competent QB play.

Pretty much agree. For the most part the Cowboys core has remained the same the past 3 years. Healthy Romo in 2014, 12-4, injured Romo and bottom of the barrel QBs, 4-12, Dak brings competent QB play back, 13-3.