• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Briggs unhappy in Chicago

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He caused us a draft pick for "tampering". At least that's what I remembered. For that, though not his fault, I hate his a$$.

And he doesn't seem to fit our scheme. Unless we're talking about getting rid of Bowman.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He caused us a draft pick for "tampering". At least that's what I remembered. For that, though not his fault, I hate his a$$.

And he doesn't seem to fit our scheme. Unless we're talking about getting rid of Bowman.

Right you are. I believe we had to give up a 5th rounder because of that? Hopefully we don't start tampering again. He's not going anywhere with 3 years left on his deal.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bowman's like a different player so far this year. He's a lot cheaper and has a lot more years ahead of him than Briggs. I wouldn't ever even entertain an offer from them after what they pulled at the draft, not to mention that "tampering" incident. Briggs might try and stick it to them, but they know he'll have to buckle. Hope he tries to stick it to them anyway.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we lost a draft pick, and then had to switch order of a higher pick that year (3rd round?). It was ridiculous to me that we had to switch picks because it gives teams an incentive to put other teams in that situation instead of minding their own business.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right you are. I believe we had to give up a 5th rounder because of that? Hopefully we don't start tampering again. He's not going anywhere with 3 years left on his deal.

I think we had to swap picks with Chicago as well; besides that, I really can't see Bowman going anywhere right now.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bowman's like a different player so far this year. He's a lot cheaper and has a lot more years ahead of him than Briggs. I wouldn't ever even entertain an offer from them after what they pulled at the draft, not to mention that "tampering" incident. Briggs might try and stick it to them, but they know he'll have to buckle. Hope he tries to stick it to them anyway.

Wasn't it Chicago who 'supposedly' offered a 3rd for Mays a few months ago? I know John Harbaugh is not keen on Chicago's FO after he got duped by them.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget this guy. Trying to work a deal with Chicago for him last time ended up biting the 49ers in the ass. Chicago and their unscrupulous front office can go fuck themselves.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Briggs is old and overrated. Screw Briggs if he wants a new contract and more money now.

I'd rather have Bowman and Grant, and then spend the money at some other position.

Willis is our VP of Carnage and big money inside linebacker and I think we'll continue to fill the spot next to him with cheaper but good complimentary guys like Spikes, Bowman, Grant.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Except they wouldn't play the same position, so that doesn't matter.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Briggs coming to the team. Aside from all the BS that happened... my friend went to high school with him and remains good friends. I figure we might be able to get some tickets to a game or 2.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind Briggs coming to the team. Aside from all the BS that happened... my friend went to high school with him and remains good friends. I figure we might be able to get some tickets to a game or 2.

It's nothing against Briggs. It's just that the 49ers would have to be crazy in order to fall for this tampering trap that Chicago's front office is setting up again.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not interested in him at this point in his career. I'd rather see what our young guys can do, I like their potential.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman is going to be good this season.... can't wait to see Bowman come out strong.... forget the unhappy cub.

PaleRider

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clearly this is a ploy by the Bears to acquire more draft picks. It worked once...:roll: