• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Off-Season Thread

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who else is nervous as fuck?
Every one - I am just hoping for the #1 or #2. It would be awesome because all the Lakers have to do then is to continue improving. I think they could get 30 wins without any free agents - that would be better then the last year and in two years - they might could make the playoffs without any free agents. That's the worst case scenario with the draft pick this year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who else is nervous as fuck?

I'm not. The media wants to play it up that the Lakers not getting the pick would be a disaster. I disagree. Obviously, it would be great to keep it. But losing it isn't a disaster that will set them back 10 years like the media wants everyone to believe.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. The media wants to play it up that the Lakers not getting the pick would be a disaster. I disagree. Obviously, it would be great to keep it. But losing it isn't a disaster that will set them back 10 years like the media wants everyone to believe.

It wouldn't be a disaster but it's basically a free good player the Lakers would be missing out on.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It would be dissaponting, but not the end of the world. I would just stay calm and stare at the wall for a few hours.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aside from the pick i think its time for the team to start bringing in talented free agents. its time to ditch this if you don't get top free agents then don't sign anybody and regroup next year and the year after that and the year after that. your not going to get these top free agents to come to your team with nothing but rookies and young players.

looking back both kyle lowry and isiah thomas both had interest in the lakers...that before the draft of russell. not sure what happened behind the scenes but clear the lakers weren't interested. too busy chasing carmelo, lebron and not having a coach. both of them did very well in the playoffs. id hate to see the lakers if they don't get whiteside or durant pull another well lets wait till this year to that year. derozan isn't a homerun but you have to improve.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't call it a disaster if they don't, but if they do it's gonna be a pot of gold for sure

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor is they are going to trade the pick anyways, so don't hold your breath on Simmons/Ingram being a Laker next season if that is true.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is fan freakin tastic

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumor is they are going to trade the pick anyways, so don't hold your breath on Simmons/Ingram being a Laker next season if that is true.

That would depend on what the Lakers could get - If it was some one like Cousins, then the Lakers could bring in Kevin Durant and Whiteside and be contenders overnight, but I am quite willing to wait while this team grows up together

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being historically awful never felt so good.... The Jim Buss Era.

That said, I did not realize that Simmons was 6'10, is that exaggerated? Wow. Two spot is a great place to pick. A potential superstar falls in your lap and you simply make the pick.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would depend on what the Lakers could get - If it was some one like Cousins, then the Lakers could bring in Kevin Durant and Whiteside and be contenders overnight, but I am quite willing to wait while this team grows up together

No thanks to Cousins, and why would you bring in both Cousins and Whiteside?

Durant isn't leaving OKC. At the very least, he'll sign a 1 year deal to line up his free agency with Westbrook's.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially if the Thunder get by GS, Durant has intimated he will probably stay with OKC. I suspect that Boston and the Lakers will be doing some talking as Ainge wants a shot at either Simmons or Ingram even though Boston now sits at the third spot.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That said, I did not realize that Simmons was 6'10, is that exaggerated? Wow. Two spot is a great place to pick. A potential superstar falls in your lap and you simply make the pick.

:lol: at the Lakers fans who would get pissed after every win this season. You could have enjoyed those few fun moments.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: at the Lakers fans who would get pissed after every win this season. You could have enjoyed those few fun moments.
When you win less than 20, none of them matter.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget though - that last year the Lakers kind of fucked up their second pick by taking Russell who so far hasn't been a disaster - but the top the one the Lakers could have had won rookie of the year - so now we have to hope Buss doesn't have a senior moment again

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't too worried actually - I knew that it was huge risk and felt like that if the Lakers had 30 wins or so, they would be in better shape for the free agency. Now it's like they have to re-do last season and do it right for the next free agent market. In some ways - Scott set us back an entire year with the developing of the players and the Buss team kind of screwed up the second pick with Russell who could have been worse, but also could have been better with the other player already sitting in that two spot.