• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Kobe Brant flattered by All Star votes, but touts young players

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kobe Bryant said he's flattered that fans have him on track to start in the NBA All-Star Game Feb. 16 in New Orleans, but isn't sure he will be able to return in time from a fractured left tibial plateau to be able to "put my stamp" on the game.

Instead, Bryant thinks fans should vote for some of the younger players in the league, like Portland's Damian Lillard, who are having breakout seasons.

"I really enjoy watching what the younger guys are doing and how they're performing," said Bryant, who was second among Western Conference players in the latest round of All-Star voting, which was released on Dec. 26. "Even though there's so much respect from me to be able to go out there and play for the fans, I'd much rather see the young guys play in the game because they've obviously put the work in to be in it. I'd much rather go out there and see them participate."

Source: ESPN LA

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree. Been a huge Kobe fan from day 1 but he's hardly played this year and clearly doesn't deserve to play in the ASG.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone thinks Kobe's a dick. Maybe he is to some degree. But he's ALWAYS has been an advocate for they younger guys!!

This isn't a surprise to me!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, nothing from the resident Kobe haters. They must be having trouble figuring out a way to spin this to show how it's really out of selfishness.:lol:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, nothing from the resident Kobe haters. They must be having trouble figuring out a way to spin this to show how it's really out of selfishness.:lol:

Dont worry, Bot, mont, or doors will come up with something.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should play and start in the all-star game. if it is what the fans want.. then do it. it's an exhibition game. every year a couple guys get snubbed. sure, kobe getting in means someone gets the snub... but i dont care. fan's choice.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nahhhh....just sparing you from having another meltdown. :whistle:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should play and start in the all-star game. if it is what the fans want.. then do it. it's an exhibition game. every year a couple guys get snubbed. sure, kobe getting in means someone gets the snub... but i dont care. fan's choice.
If wants another player start and others to play, then that means he more than likely won't be back playing before the All-star break. Not sure if it is a written rule but in the past when those who received the most votes tried to back out, Stern said "if you're healthy enough to play for your own team, then you're healthy to play in the AS game.

Besides..... it's only an exhibition when Kobe gets his nose broken cause Wade was trying to hard. But the game is considered just the opposite to those same people when Kobe blocks LeBron's shot.

Plus this way, if Kobe misses the game, then he won't have to worry about getting fined again for not showing up to one of the AS weekend charity events he skipped a few seasons ago.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not a huge Kobe fan but i gotta give him credit here. well said

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, maybe. It's also not as if there haven't been players voted in because of the player they used to be. I think Kobe is sending the right message though. Let the guys who have earned it for their play this season play in the game.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The All-Star game starters are voted on by the fans. I always laugh when people say someone doesn't deserve to be starting. If that's who the fans want to see, then they deserve to start. Much fairer to debate the back-up snubs.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These years are his silver years. He should be a apart of it and enjoy what time he has left.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the classier things he has done.