• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Got A Small Business Loan

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I heard this on the news, I went and googled it being that was incredible and sure enough there it was. The federal government has reportedly been dishing these small loans out to anything the moves - The Lakers is in the process of returning the money

Even The LA Lakers Got A PPP Small Business Loan

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And returned it.
Why'd they even apply?

Weak sauce imo. Actual small buissness could've used that money. And those processing applications did not need pointless busy work.

Dr. Buss would not be impressed.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why'd they even apply?

Weak sauce imo. Actual small buissness could've used that money. And those processing applications did not need pointless busy work.

Dr. Buss would not be impressed.
They didnt apply, the money was sent out as a loan to a lot of companies who didnt ask for it and a small business will use it. If you know how to read, you will find that the article says it was sent in error and the Lakers are RETURNING the money to be redistributed to a needy company

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didnt apply, the money was sent out as a loan to a lot of companies who didnt ask for it and a small business will use it. If you know how to read, you will find that the article says it was sent in error and the Lakers are RETURNING the money to be redistributed to a needy company

I do not believe that is correct, other than they decided to return it when they learned the fund was depleted. I don’t believe anyone got a small business loan that didn’t apply for it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are being naive.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not believe that is correct, other than they decided to return it when they learned the fund was depleted. I don’t believe anyone got a small business loan that didn’t apply for it.
The Lakers are worth 3.7 billion dollars and you think they need a 6 million dollar loan?

Nevertheless They are returning it. And they werent the only large company to get a loan because the parameters for who should get the loan were not spelled out correctly.

As long as they return the money now, I dont object, not that they care about my opinion

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers are worth 3.7 billion dollars and you think they need a 6 million dollar loan?

Nevertheless They are returning it. And they werent the only large company to get a loan because the parameters for who should get the loan were not spelled out correctly.

As long as they return the money now, I dont object, not that they care about my opinion

I never said they needed it but that money didn’t just show up, that is a guarantee. And by the way it’s pretty much a given that all these loans turn into grants.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said they needed it but that money didn’t just show up, that is a guarantee. And by the way it’s pretty much a given that all these loans turn into grants.
200 large companies applied, but when the Lakers found out that the program had been depleted, they decided to return the money so a company in more need can get it.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jimbob's small engine repair didnt have money "just show up"

but the billion dollar lakers did

my fucking ass

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
200 large companies applied, but when the Lakers found out that the program had been depleted, they decided to return the money so a company in more need can get it.

So why did they apply in the first place? I can’t believe the league allowed this.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it would seem they applied for it and got it
Considering all of the large companies applied and no parameters were set to point out who should get it first, I would blame the administration of the program for not doing a judicious job

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering all of the large companies applied and no parameters were set to point out who should get it first, I would blame the administration of the program for not doing a judicious job

give me a fn break. Look they got caught trying to get free money from the government, period.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a fn break. Look they got caught trying to get free money from the government, period.
The other companies are keeping their share, so i think the Lakers realized they did the wrong move and reversed course, but I get it...Lakers Haters have got to pour out the hate on them