• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers Got A Small Business Loan

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a fn break. Look they got caught trying to get free money from the government, period.
i mean, if a few other NBA teams did it- then fair enough- but when you are the only NBA team that did it, it came to the publics attention- and you have to give it back because of the humiliation, its just not a good look.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Times must be rough for the Lakers :billb::billb:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean, if a few other NBA teams did it- then fair enough- but when you are the only NBA team that did it, it came to the publics attention- and you have to give it back because of the humiliation, its just not a good look.

They may need it tho. There owners are not very rich if i recall correctly reading about them. Their sole wealth is from owning the lakers, so they may need the money, especially paying those huge salaries with no revenue coming in...Most NBA teams were operating at a loss (bubble) before this pandemic, this just exacerbated it imo...Embarrassing, but true

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may need it tho. There owners are not very rich if i recall correctly reading about them. Their sole wealth is from owning the lakers, so they may need the money, especially paying those huge salaries with no revenue coming in...Most NBA teams were operating at a loss (bubble) before this pandemic, this just exacerbated it imo...Embarrassing, but true
Most NBA teams were definitely not operating at a loss before

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it was wrong, but the reason they changed course is that the list was made public. I don’t see any other franchises on the list.

No, the reason they changed course was because they found out that the fund the loan came from was running out of money and there are other businesses that needed it far more than the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

Wrong.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the reason they changed course was because they found out that the fund the loan came from was running out of money and there are other businesses that needed it far more than the Lakers.

i guess we can all believe what we want. I personally think there is zero chance they apply for that if they thought it would be public. Is what it is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i guess we can all believe what we want. I personally think there is zero chance they apply for that if they thought it would be public. Is what it is.

Well, the article makes no mention of it being made public. It did, however, mention that because it was thrown together quickly, no one was sure who was actually eligible and millions of companies applied.

It also says that the reason they returned the money was because they found out that the fund had been depleted. Of course, that was a quote from the Lakers statement which you wouldn't be inclined to believe anyway...although I'm sure if it was the Thunder making the same statement...you would believe them.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the article makes no mention of it being made public. It did, however, mention that because it was thrown together quickly, no one was sure who was actually eligible and millions of companies applied.

It also says that the reason they returned the money was because they found out that the fund had been depleted. Of course, that was a quote from the Lakers statement which you wouldn't be inclined to believe anyway...although I'm sure if it was the Thunder making the same statement...you would believe them.

lol no I most certainly would not believe the Thunder if they were full of shit. Lots of people saying this is embarrassing, is what it is. No banners are coming down or anything.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't believe you. Stopped reading here.

that’s your perogative but you are wrong. This really is not that hard to see you know, take a couple steps back.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should do the same.

definitely have, I know I have an extremely clear picture of this. Not a huge deal, just the only franchise in major league sports to try to do what they did.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, horrible times. guess they'll just fold and go away, poor Lakers and their fans...:rolleyes2:

You gotta admit, it's pretty funny how badly the Lakers screwed up with Lebron. They wasted the entire first year, and this is what happens when you waste time. Anything can happen. Now they may end up never winning with Lebron, which means they should have just developed their young core guys and gone that rout. It's a very good possibility that they are competing with NO next year, who will add another lottery pick lol

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta admit, it's pretty funny how badly the Lakers screwed up with Lebron. They wasted the entire first year, and this is what happens when you waste time. Anything can happen. Now they may end up never winning with Lebron, which means they should have just developed their young core guys and gone that rout. It's a very good possibility that they are competing with NO next year, who will add another lottery pick lol

It's cool either way. we won't be any worse than Cleveland... :D

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's cool either way. we won't be any worse than Cleveland... :D

IDk going down to NO or the Clippers or losing to the nets could be way more embarrassing next year. They will still be expected to win, well the cavs are rebuilding...Should be pretty entertaining if the NBA ever comes back

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDk going down to NO or the Clippers or losing to the nets could be way more embarrassing next year. They will still be expected to win, well the cavs are rebuilding...Should be pretty entertaining if the NBA ever comes back

guess we'll have to wait and see...

but I'm not worried either way...