• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kubiak expected to retire

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news- Kubiak expected to retire due to health. Per Schefter

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my opinion - but this sounds like the best thing for him to do. Being taken from games twice by ambulance has to be an awful thing for his family.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a complete housecleaning may occur

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ware says he will play in 2017. Bet he goes to Dallas for one ore season then retires.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a complete housecleaning may occur

I think this is the best time to do a switch while we are in transition. I hope so I think we need new blood. I wonder how this will change views on Ward Talib Ware going forward we might be starting over.

Did not really expect this to actually happen.

Last edited:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like Kubiak as the Broncos head coach but definitely sounds like this might be best for his health and family. It also gives Elway the freedom to really change things up and get our offense going without having to take it out on one of his good friends. Sounds callous but might be best for everyone involved.

IF this is true, the Broncos head coaching gig will rise to the top of the list as far as jobs go. If Kubiak retires, that may also signal the end of Wade Phillips in Denver. Going to be an interesting off season.

For now though, just beat the Raiders!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nflbronco I don't think we will be "starting over", coaching staff, good chance, players not so much. We should have the same defense for the most part and we already knew new coaching staff or not we have a lot of work on offense.

Denver should be the most attractive coaching position this off-season barring something unexpected.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@nflbronco I don't think we will be "starting over", coaching staff, good chance, players not so much. We should have the same defense for the most part and we already knew new coaching staff or not we have a lot of work on offense.

Denver should be the most attractive coaching position this off-season barring something unexpected.

Without question. Especially for some of the up and comers who may be embarking on their first HC gig. My hope is they get Wade Phillips contract extended and then bring in a good offensive minded HC who can fix our problems on that side of the ball. If you have a guy like Phillips on the staff the HC doesn't need to worry about the defense plus he has a mentor with HC experience. If Kubiak does retire I imagine the Broncos will still be in good shape heading into the offseason.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan perhaps?

I realize Kubiak has had health problems, but he became wishy washy about returning in an abrupt manner - so I think Elway had input on the decision.

Mike Munchuck - if you really want an Offensive line that works.

Maybe Harold Goodman is the gem hiding under the Bruce Ariens rock in Arizona.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com reporting that the Broncos could turn to the Dolphins defensive coordinator, Vance Joseph. Elway liked him a lot when they interviewed him two years ago.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com reporting that the Broncos could turn to the Dolphins defensive coordinator, Vance Joseph. Elway liked him a lot when they interviewed him two years ago.

I love Joseph and wanted him as our D-Cord. Just not sure he is quite ready... He has one year of D coordinator experience. He has coaching experience as he was an assistant with the Bengals, but as much as I like him his inexperience concerns me some.. I think he needs another year or two as the Fins D-Cord, but he does intrigue me.

I wonder what Wade will do. He's really the only coach from the Texans staff that I REALLY want back. His contract is up.

Also, former Broncos FB Anthony Lynn might be scoring a HC job with Geo's Bills.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta wonder if we could also go after Anthony Lynn and snag him away from the Bills. Beings Lynn is a former Bronco.

Don't forget both Lynn and Vance Joseph are former Denver Bronco players, not remembered by most.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's all this DC talk? Last I heard they already said Wade would be back. The major concerns are all on Offensive side of ball. Let's fix what needs fixin. Crazy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's all this DC talk? Last I heard they already said Wade would be back. The major concerns are all on Offensive side of ball. Let's fix what needs fixin. Crazy.

Wade's contract is up at the end of the year... There can be all the talk you hear in the world but until it is official people are going to talk about him not being under contract... Give the fact that he followed his Texans coaching staff over here, I think there will be even more talk. That being said... He did announce he wants to keep coaching, but he has a mind of his own. Hopefully he is back, but until he is under contract I won't throw it in the bank.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan perhaps?

I realize Kubiak has had health problems, but he became wishy washy about returning in an abrupt manner - so I think Elway had input on the decision.

Mike Munchuck - if you really want an Offensive line that works.

Maybe Harold Goodman is the gem hiding under the Bruce Ariens rock in Arizona.

I think I will pass on Munchuck and Shanahan, but not bad ideas.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade's contract is up at the end of the year... There can be all the talk you hear in the world but until it is official people are going to talk about him not being under contract... Give the fact that he followed his Texans coaching staff over here, I think there will be even more talk. That being said... He did announce he wants to keep coaching, but he has a mind of his own. Hopefully he is back, but until he is under contract I won't throw it in the bank.
Any chance Wade takes over as HC for a year two?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fear right now is that both Kubiak and Wade Phillips decide to retire. A lot of uncertainty going into the offseason.