• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KSU Game Thread

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He HAS to be the QB from here on out. He starts tonight and we win, no doubt about that.

:agree:, get him some reps to prepare for next year as well

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is wrong with Trickett....I am guessing he has been hurt since TCU

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is wrong with Trickett....I am guessing he has been hurt since TCU

We will not get the truth until MAYBE after the season but some were speculating that he left the field upset and mad after being benched then came back. I HAVE to believe that THAT is not true and he was injured but... I havnt heard anything solid. If the first part is true then he needs to be done regardless.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett has looked injured since TCU. He's been playing the way he did last year. The play calling has been that way too. Before TCU we were attacking the cover two with Thompson and Shorts splitting the safety and using White and Alford as decoys. Since TCU it's been all short passing. He's been erratic on those throws too.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett has looked injured since TCU. He's been playing the way he did last year. The play calling has been that way too. Before TCU we were attacking the cover two with Thompson and Shorts splitting the safety and using White and Alford as decoys. Since TCU it's been all short passing. He's been erratic on those throws too.

I agree. The only difference that I've noticed in the last few games is Clint appears to be going for the "big splash" play instead of the underneath stuff. He's been throwing a lot deep into double coverage or throwing the deep passes on many read passes. Howard's pass to Alford would have been a nice gain that turned out to be a better one.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett had a concussion, looks like Howard will have every chance to be the starter for ISU and possibly the bowl game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game, almost came back.

Backup QB shined. But sometimes that happens because the other team hasn't prepped for that QB. Didn't see much difference in play calling, so not sure how much that matters here. He played a good game.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trickett has all the signs of a tired arm. No zip in the passes. Howard has much more pop in his arm than Trickett. Howard is going to be special--that is why you saw him tonight.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no difference in play calling, just a QB who could execute. More athletic QBs in these offenses are just better than the statue QB....ie A&M, Miss ST and a host of others.

Tommcd54

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has not been the same since teams started double covering White. And someone please tell me why teams do that to us but our secondary plays Man against the other teams, Lockett, best player? Last time I checked we have no lockdown corner that can do that.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team has not been the same since teams started double covering White. And someone please tell me why teams do that to us but our secondary plays Man against the other teams, Lockett, best player? Last time I checked we have no lockdown corner that can do that.

Well… WVU didn't play much man last night.

One reason why Waters threw for 400 fucking yards…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well… WVU didn't play much man last night.

One reason why Waters threw for 400 fucking yards…

Said it last night and I will say it again, I cannot believe they beat us through the air as bad as they did.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said it last night and I will say it again, I cannot believe they beat us through the air as bad as they did.

Overall, I think the WVU defense did a great job. They held KSU to 4/14 on 3rd down conversions. But, the performance reminded me of a Casteel type game. Bend but don't break. Very frustrating…

The pass rush was nonexistent. Rushing 3 and dropping 8? Soft zone coverage? DB's cannot be expected to cover a receiver for over 5 sec's.

I truly thought WVU would shut KSU down if they took away their running game and made KSU beat them with Water's arm.

I thought wrong…

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I think the WVU defense did a great job. They held KSU to 4/14 on 3rd down conversions. But, the performance reminded me of a Casteel type game. Bend but don't break. Very frustrating…

The pass rush was nonexistent. Rushing 3 and dropping 8? Soft zone coverage? DB's cannot be expected to cover a receiver for over 5 sec's.

I truly thought WVU would shut KSU down if they took away their running game and made KSU beat them with Water's arm.

I thought wrong…

I thought the very same thing, still cannot believe how the game played out.