• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kreton's Pregame Show (Steelers Edition)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you were all sitting there wondering "What does Kreton think about the upcoming game in Pittsburgh?". So here goes.

A lot of people will point to the fact that the Lions are 6-3 and the Steelers are 3-6 and assume the Lions will win. That may not be the case.

I think this is going to be a tough game to win. They have won 3 out of their last 5, beating the Jets, Bills and Ravens. Those aren't exactly gimme's this year. Despite their record they are actually playing really good pass defense. They are getting beat on the ground. Offensively they are playing solid, balanced football since they got their RB situation handled. Roethlisberger is a solid QB who performs well under pressure. Our D line may not be able to rattle him at all. Antonio Brown could light us up pretty well. He is better at being a WR than our corners are at being corners. Leveon Bell is a solid RB and he should have a solid game against us.

Keys to victory for the Lions:

We need to control the games tempo. Long drives need to happen and that is usually due to running the ball. Bush and Bell are the biggest factors in this game to me. They combine for 150 yards and I think we will be in good position to win this.

Coverage needs to be great. Many weeks we can rely on a good pass rush to force the QB into bad throws or quick throws to allow your secondary to cover up its weaknesses. I dont see that working here. BR is one of the better QB's under pressure in my opinion. In order to be effective our secondary needs to be on their receivers.

O Line needs to do what they've been doing. Steelers are going to blitz and they need to pick that up.

Keys to losing:

If Antonio Brown is given the opportunity to make big plays we are screwed.

Cliche incoming!!!!!!! If we turn the ball over more than once or maybe twice this game will be over.

Dont let Tomlin outcoach us. To be honest, Tomlin is a better coach than Schwartz. We have more talented players I believe that. But if this becomes a game of wits between the coaches, we dont stand even half a chance.

Prediction: I think this game will start slow with one team or another being up by a single score. By then end of the game I think the Lions will pull ahead and win 31-21.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too think Leveon Bell is a solid back. But I think Forte is a better back and we shut him down pretty well. I think the same happens here. I can't see Leveon having that good of a game.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good analysis. I think we can get to him but the key is wrapping him up. He is the best QB in league at breaking away from potential sacks imo. He isn't the guy you just try to put a lick on. Wrap em up!

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can't run the ball and they can't stop the run. Leveon Bell was a very good college back. We should be able to focus on Big Ben and the passing attack and just react to the run game without worrying about it too much. We should also be able to move it on the ground with Reggie & Joique which should in turn open things up for the passing game. In short... we're better. We win. 28-17. Would I be shocked if we lost ? Of course not. It's still the Steelers and Big Ben at their place. So there's the kool-aid sprinkled with a dash of hard-eyed reality. Something for everyone.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The jets, bills and ravens all suck so they werent really tough teams to beat. The lions cant take any game lighly, especially on the road. They just won a huge game at soldier field, would be nice to see them string together road wins.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing that is concerning to me is that this game might mean more to Steelers than the Lions. They are fighting for their lives. This loss could end their season, and they are desperate. The Lions definitely can use the win, it is important to us. But not at that same level.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting points...most of them I agree with.

I'm not saying this will happen, but I think the Steelers best chance to win this game is put it on Ben's arm with a steady diet of short passes and then work back to the run. In my game plan, Bell would probably gain more yds receiving than rushing in this game. I know Chris Huston well from his ATL days

That said...I expect the Lions to win a fairly close game...I've mentioned in other threads...the field might be an issue this week...2nd week in row that PITT played a home game on Sat. and the Steelers followed on Sun.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choppy field could be a huge factor. Speeds the name of the game for the Lions.(Calvin's length too. And he's been more than utilized lately) I think you're right on the mark about putting the game in Bens hands ATL. He's elusive and makes things happen late in plays. Holding coverage that extra couple beats could be an issue.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choppy field could be a huge factor. Speeds the name of the game for the Lions.(Calvin's length too. And he's been more than utilized lately) I think you're right on the mark about putting the game in Bens hands ATL. He's elusive and makes things happen late in plays. Holding coverage that extra couple beats could be an issue.

We'll see if Haley figures it out. I hope not, but what I expect is him running his big pkg (with #76 @ TE) out there and trying to run it that way creating a bunch of 3rd and long....punt, get behind, then abandon running all together, and watch the DET OL tee off on Ben.

In years past they have actually re-sodded the field late in the season to have a halfway decent surface in DEC...I don't remember many times this has happened back to back weeks so it will at least be something to watch for.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully we don't let down after last weeks big win. This is the NFL and any team can beat you if you don't have your A game especially if they are at home. Lions need to stay focused or last weeks win will be diminished.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting points...most of them I agree with.

I'm not saying this will happen, but I think the Steelers best chance to win this game is put it on Ben's arm with a steady diet of short passes and then work back to the run. In my game plan, Bell would probably gain more yds receiving than rushing in this game. I know Chris Huston well from his ATL days

That said...I expect the Lions to win a fairly close game...I've mentioned in other threads...the field might be an issue this week...2nd week in row that PITT played a home game on Sat. and the Steelers followed on Sun.

I agree that the Steelers best chance to win is with Ben's arm, but he should be going intermediate to long throws. Lions suck against those. We play the short play pretty well in comparison.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this will happen, but I think the Steelers best chance to win this game is put it on Ben's arm with a steady diet of short passes and then work back to the run
I agree that throwing is the Steelers best chance but not on the short ball. I am far more concerned that we will get really good pressure but be unable to get him to the ground and he will buy more time for our coverage to break down and create big plays.

We are already susceptible to being beat deep without the QB creating extra time. I dont think you will have much success running the ball.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that throwing is the Steelers best chance but not on the short ball. I am far more concerned that we will get really good pressure but be unable to get him to the ground and he will buy more time for our coverage to break down and create big plays.

We are already susceptible to being beat deep without the QB creating extra time. I dont think you will have much success running the ball.

Whatever the OL will allow I'm willing to take at this point...short, midrange...Ben still prefers long over short which is why he's sacked so often...about a 3rd are on him imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a sloppy, wet, rainy sumbidge at Heinz today. Im not sure what to make of that. I'll take our running game over Pittsburghs. But The Stillers weren't designed for a dome. Should be interesting, very interesting. (Who's DLine is going to win this one?)

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense did ok last week in a cold Chicago. But now The Lord has given us harsher conditions. Looks like we're gonna be battle tested today. Our white jerseys may be black by the end of the game.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Detroit is the better team, but this game has the feeling of let down written all over it.....Weather, on the road, coming off a big win, past history etc.....Prove me wrong Matty Pimp!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree muzzer im a little worried about this game as long as we dont start of slow i think we should be ok first team with 2 turnovers will lose imo

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We survived

Lions have a nice squad...I felt the only chance the Steelers had in that game was Ben vis the air, and for the most part it seem to be the case.

Someone called it on the coaching...the fake didn't lose the game, I understand going for the jugglar on the road, but you really put yourself in a bad light if it doesn't work...still 98 yds to defend and you wouldn't think PIT would be able to pull off a drive like that.

Lot of football left but I think DET will win the N...and PIT I will take notice of a playoff hope if they win this week and even more so if they win @ BAL.

Wish you guys well the rest of the way.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have a nice squad...I felt the only chance the Steelers had in that game was Ben vis the air, and for the most part it seem to be the case.

Someone called it on the coaching...the fake didn't lose the game, I understand going for the jugglar on the road, but you really put yourself in a bad light if it doesn't work...still 98 yds to defend and you wouldn't think PIT would be able to pull off a drive like that.

Lot of football left but I think DET will win the N...and PIT I will take notice of a playoff hope if they win this week and even more so if they win @ BAL.

Wish you guys well the rest of the way.

Good luck to you too bruh