• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's possible. But the more they lose, the more ping pong balls they get and the greater the chance that they keep that pick. If the draft happened today, only the Sixers would have more ping pong balls than the Lakers.

I was referencing Outlaws - "Not blaming Obama" - Sorry, I just thought you would know what I was talking about. You wouldn't believe what they are saying about the guy in the politics room. I'm not sure, but I think they even blame him when they pee in their pants

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. His farewell tour continues....

Hope all is well with you. Did you know anybody effected by the tragedy in San Bernardino yesterday?
I was about 1.5 miles from where it happened. I haven't ever seen anything like it in my entire life

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought - I understand about the ping pong balls and all, but I also am reminded that there have been teams that lost out even though they was the worst team. It would be nice if they was the flat out worst team and get one more first round draft pick. With what they got, they could be ready to challenge the Warriors in about two or three years from now in my opinion - if they don't get anything in the free agency. This season is lost any way so I don't think they have to try to tank it

Honestly, the draft pick is the furthest thing from my mind right now. I'm more concerned with the development of the young guys. Sure, it would be nice to have, but if the young guys improve enough that they can start winning some games here and there, it won't matter so much.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was referencing Outlaws - "Not blaming Obama" - Sorry, I just thought you would know what I was talking about. You wouldn't believe what they are saying about the guy in the politics room. I'm not sure, but I think they even blame him when they pee in their pants

:lol: Yeah, had no idea what you were talking about (clearly). I pretty well stay the hell out of the politics forum. I consider that the Hoops version of The Island of Misfit Toys. I'm no Obama fan, but blaming him for what happened in San Bernardino is just stupid.

Once in a blue moon, I go in to the politics forum and stir up shit, then leave. :heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Yeah, had no idea what you were talking about (clearly). I pretty well stay the hell out of the politics forum. I consider that the Hoops version of The Island of Misfit Toys. I'm no Obama fan, but blaming him for what happened in San Bernardino is just stupid.

Once in a blue moon, I go in to the politics forum and stir up shit, then leave. :heh:
I've been spending my time over there lately trying to educate the challenged ones, but it's like trying to educate a bunch of Thumpers and Oscars:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been spending my time over there lately trying to educate the challenged ones, but it's like trying to educate a bunch of Thumpers and Oscars:L

You're wasting your time trying to educate anyone about anything in that cesspool. Best thing to do is just go in there occasionally, rattle a couple of cages and then get out.

Every time I go in there, I think of this line from Star Wars.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad you're okay.

I am thankful to God that nothing happened to me. It just blew my mind. It actually happened when I was completing my audit. I saw the first cop go by with the lights and sirens on and then in the next half hours, about 30 or 40 more police cars with lights and sirens on, fire trucks of all kinds, ambulances and the Mobile Command Post which looks like the sherrifs bus that can transport about 50 or 75 prisoners and that thing had their lights and sirens going on. By chance one person mentioned that the person next to him got up and left mysteriously and the police were quick to investigate and followed up to the guy's house and the couple were leaving to go do another attack. It was really expert investigation and response of the San Bernardnino Police that prevented a larger scale attack and it getting out of hand.

One thing that helps is that the San Bernardino created a local gov't called the San Bernardino Associated Gov'ts which is a board of directors with representatives from each city within a 30 mile radius. The next work over the years has been working on public transportation and safety, so as a result they were well prepared and had officers from other cities coming in to assist within 20 minutes at the most. It was impressive

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need a moderator in there on a regular basis, but I take no one want's the job - lol

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thankful to God that nothing happened to me. It just blew my mind. It actually happened when I was completing my audit. I saw the first cop go by with the lights and sirens on and then in the next half hours, about 30 or 40 more police cars with lights and sirens on, fire trucks of all kinds, ambulances and the Mobile Command Post which looks like the sherrifs bus that can transport about 50 or 75 prisoners and that thing had their lights and sirens going on. By chance one person mentioned that the person next to him got up and left mysteriously and the police were quick to investigate and followed up to the guy's house and the couple were leaving to go do another attack. It was really expert investigation and response of the San Bernardnino Police that prevented a larger scale attack and it getting out of hand.

One thing that helps is that the San Bernardino created a local gov't called the San Bernardino Associated Gov'ts which is a board of directors with representatives from each city within a 30 mile radius. The next work over the years has been working on public transportation and safety, so as a result they were well prepared and had officers from other cities coming in to assist within 20 minutes at the most. It was impressive

It's sad to say but it could have been much worse. It was handled very well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's sad to say but it could have been much worse. It was handled very well.
Oh it could've and would have been much worse had they not went to the couple's house in time. There is no doubt about that one in my mind

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another comment about Kobe's slowing down Lakers progress from D. Russell. Perhaps everyone gets it except Kobe and maybe this is a bit of sour grapes for being benched by Russell but many agree with Russell including the author of the story.

D'Angelo Russell implies it's easier to play when Kobe Bryant isn't hogging every shot

Yeah, I understand his frustration, but some of that is on the young guys. They need to quit deferring so much. I understand that they are in a tough spot because of who Kobe is. I mean, these guys have spent their lives idolizing Kobe, having his posters on their bedroom walls, being out on the playground pretending they're Kobe, etc. and now they are on the court with him. It's gotta be tough to not just throw him the ball and watch.

What they should keep in mind, imo, is that Kobe wasn't deferring to anyone when he was their age. Heck, he might respect them more if they didn't defer to him so much since he didn't.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Russell and Clarkson and the rest of the young "deferrers" need to get past their man-crush, idol worship mentality for Kobe and get on with their careers establishing their Lakers team. Horry and Big Game James Worthy were stating as much the other night during a halftime break.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wasting your time trying to educate anyone about anything in that cesspool. Best thing to do is just go in there occasionally, rattle a couple of cages and then get out.

Every time I go in there, I think of this line from Star Wars.

The amount of racial superiority in that place is astounding lol.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it could've and would have been much worse had they not went to the couple's house in time. There is no doubt about that one in my mind
I'm nor understanding your dislike for my post @outlawImortal but I was referring to the terrorist attack. The fact is that 14 lives were lost, but if the law enforcement agencies had not moved so efficiently and quickly the law of life could have been substantially higher - that's just a fact