• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now many players and executives are expressing their concern and wincing for/at watching Kobe play these days. It seems everyone knows Kobe is done except Kobe and many describe the situation has "hard to watch". Much of what is in the following article has already been mentioned here on the Lakers board. Nonetheless.

League executives, players wince watching this Kobe Bryant

Yeah, most of today's players grew up idolizing Kobe. Now they are watching him knowing it's only his name that keeps him from being stuck on the end of the bench or being cut outright. There have been times this season where it's looked like guys have actually eased up a little on him to not embarrass him.

Gotta be tough for the Lakers young guys to deal with too. Every one of them knows he's better than Kobe right now, but they still feel like they have to give him the ball and let him shoot. How does some rookie or 2nd year player tell him no?

I thought MJ with the Wizards was bad. This is quickly turning into OJ Simpson sitting by himself on the 49ers bench or Joe Namath with the Rams kind of bad.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MWP is a year behind Kobe and is not playing as bad as Kobe. Granted, over the course of his career, Metta has not played the minutes Kobe has and he took a couple of years off. But indeed, I think the synopsis by many players, past and present, that Kobe's body simply has nothing left to give is probably very close to the truth. Scott should now relegate Kobe to coming off the bench if he won't retire and allow a youngster to take over the starting spot at the 3.

Yeah. Metta hasn't beat up his body the way Kobe has. There have been so many games over his career that Kobe could/should have sat out and refused.

The problem is, how do you tell an all time great that he has to come off the bench now? Especially with it being very likely his last season. As hard as it is to watch, the Lakers kind of have to let it play out however it's going to and look to move on from Kobe next season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kareem should pay a visit to Kobe's house but I doubt it would happen. Kareem doesn't think much of egomanical, me-first shooters no matter how great he was.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, most of today's players grew up idolizing Kobe. Now they are watching him knowing it's only his name that keeps him from being stuck on the end of the bench or being cut outright. There have been times this season where it's looked like guys have actually eased up a little on him to not embarrass him.

Gotta be tough for the Lakers young guys to deal with too. Every one of them knows he's better than Kobe right now, but they still feel like they have to give him the ball and let him shoot. How does some rookie or 2nd year player tell him no?

I thought MJ with the Wizards was bad. This is quickly turning into OJ Simpson sitting by himself on the 49ers bench or Joe Namath with the Rams kind of bad.
Good analogies. I would add Farve with mini and Willie Mays. Historically bad.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Kobe in announcing his retirement. I do find all of this "idol" talk among other players amusing. Are they spreading of the "idol" that nobody in the league dared play with when they were a free agent?

And Kobe has been a good sport this year. I hope he keeps shooting and shoots are way to a top 3 pick while he's at it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun to see Kobe turn the clock back a little tonight.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was vintage Kobe in the 4th quarter against the Wiz.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Kobe scores 31 and we beat the Wizards. Not too shabby.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was vintage Kobe in the 4th quarter against the Wiz.

Yeah he was. 5 of 11 with 2 of 3 from the 3 point line for 12 points. Hit a couple of big shots, including the one that gave the Lakers their final lead. The Wizards crowd cheered so loud for him it was like the game was at Staples Center.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he was. 5 of 11 with 2 of 3 from the 3 point line for 12 points. Hit a couple of big shots, including the one that gave the Lakers their final lead. The Wizards crowd cheered so loud for him it was like the game was at Staples Center.

Yep. His farewell tour continues....

Hope all is well with you. Did you know anybody effected by the tragedy in San Bernardino yesterday?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. His farewell tour continues....

Hope all is well with you. Did you know anybody effected by the tragedy in San Bernardino yesterday?

Everything good here. I live about 45 minutes from San Bernardino and don't know anyone who lives there. What a tragedy.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything good here. I live about 45 minutes from San Bernardino and don't know anyone who lives there. What a tragedy.

What is that, about 20 mass shootings since Obama took office? Not blaming Obama, just using his presidency as a frame of reference. Need better ways to get guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is that, about 20 mass shootings since Obama took office? Not blaming Obama, just using his presidency as a frame of reference. Need better ways to get guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

Yeah, and of course we now have idiot politicians on both sides of the aisle arguing over whether or not we need more gun control laws or to start vigorously enforcing the one's already on the books.

Meanwhile, nothing changes.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need vto get more guns into the hands of the non mentally ill to shoot the mentally ill when they shoot at people

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more the Lakers tank the more chance they have to actually use their 1st round pick in upcoming draft.
The only thing about that - if I understand it right - even if they were the worst team or second worst team when the season ends - isn't it possible they can still drop down two or more in the draft? If they do that, then it's all for nothing because it's only top three protected.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and of course we now have idiot politicians on both sides of the aisle arguing over whether or not we need more gun control laws or to start vigorously enforcing the one's already on the books.

Meanwhile, nothing changes.
Can't blame the terrorist attacks on Obama. I was 1.5 miles from the shooting and Obama wasn't even close. This guy and his wife planned by themselves. Not even the grandma who was babysitting knew what was going on. The fact is terrorist attacks have been going up since Bush was in office

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now back to the draft pick situation - can some one clarify that for me?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame the terrorist attacks on Obama. I was 1.5 miles from the shooting and Obama wasn't even close. This guy and his wife planned by themselves. Not even the grandma who was babysitting knew what was going on. The fact is terrorist attacks have been going up since Bush was in office

Where in the fuck did I say anything about Obama? You drunk again TLF?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing about that - if I understand it right - even if they were the worst team or second worst team when the season ends - isn't it possible they can still drop down two or more in the draft? If they do that, then it's all for nothing because it's only top three protected.

Yes, it's possible. But the more they lose, the more ping pong balls they get and the greater the chance that they keep that pick. If the draft happened today, only the Sixers would have more ping pong balls than the Lakers.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it's possible. But the more they lose, the more ping pong balls they get and the greater the chance that they keep that pick. If the draft happened today, only the Sixers would have more ping pong balls than the Lakers.
That's what I thought - I understand about the ping pong balls and all, but I also am reminded that there have been teams that lost out even though they was the worst team. It would be nice if they was the flat out worst team and get one more first round draft pick. With what they got, they could be ready to challenge the Warriors in about two or three years from now in my opinion - if they don't get anything in the free agency. This season is lost any way so I don't think they have to try to tank it