• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Gibson just doesn't get it

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it is sad to see Hernandez doing this poorly when he was lights out last year I believe? Correct me if im wrong. Is it just bad command or what?

He doesn't seem to have as much confidence in his fastball (or any of his pitches) this season. His location has been awful. He's been leaving a lot of pitches out over the middle of the plate. I think that it is mainly a mental thing with him.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't seem to have as much confidence in his fastball (or any of his pitches) this season. His location has been awful. He's been leaving a lot of pitches out over the middle of the plate. I think that it is mainly a mental thing with him.

For Hernandez to say the things he did proves this and Gibby did the guy no favors.....JJ and Bell sucked, so he moves them to lower leverage situations to get them "right" again.....Hernandez has inexplicably sucked all season long, and Gibby never once pitches him in lower leverage situations??? :wtf2: :noidea: :doh:

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are without a doubt right IMO. His exact quote was this:

You very rarely will see a player make comments like that first part, when they are in DH's situation. Its very much a mental and confidence issue. I really hope he figures it out ASAP, because he was one of the best pitchers we had in this bullpen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have sent him down (or at least moved him to low stress situations) after that crying incident. It was obvious that he was beating himself up way too much on the mound.

Desert Glory

No not like the hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have sent him down (or at least moved him to low stress situations) after that crying incident. It was obvious that he was beating himself up way too much on the mound.

Our management has been 2 steps behind everything all year, or so it seems.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A stint in the minors could be just what he needs. The Dbacks are done. They've been playing like a mediocre team the entire year and that's exactly how they'll finish...again...around 81 wins or so.

The coaching staff has done some painfully stupid things this year, but...big picture...it's more on the players. If they miss the playoffs by a game or two it stings more thinking about Gibby putting in Hernandez the other day or Matt Williams sending Pennington home to get thrown out by like 50 feet...

Part of me is amazed they aren't 15 games under .500.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orange it seems like a Brandon League type of situation as when he struggled it appeared to be mental and he was leaving crap in the middle of the plate. Only difference is League can be wild as hell. I wonder if Hernandez will regain form in the minors.