• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a crazy year for QB's moving. Lots of talk about Brees and the Saints moving on from each other. The other big name is Philip Rivers. The Chargers almost moved on from him this year as they really wanted to draft Watson but late in the game changed their mind. So some big name QB's definitely could be hitting the open market with Rivers, Brees, Jimmy G, and Cousins all available.

Sorta like all the stars moving in the NBA this offseason?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you make good points. This is all contingent on who the hell the GM and head coach are next season. What % do you give for Reese and McAdoo returning? My % is in the ball park of 'it ain't good'.
mcadoo = 0%
Reese = I have no idea his allegiances to Mara's

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta like all the stars moving in the NBA this offseason?

A little. It is crazy in the NFL how old the old guys have gotten at the QB position. Seems like the young guys other than a couple of them out there like Brady and Rodgers have really taken over the league.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a crazy year for QB's moving. Lots of talk about Brees and the Saints moving on from each other. The other big name is Philip Rivers. The Chargers almost moved on from him this year as they really wanted to draft Watson but late in the game changed their mind. So some big name QB's definitely could be hitting the open market with Rivers, Brees, Jimmy G, and Cousins all available.

Even though he may not be moving on next yr I think we need to add the young 40 y/o to the mix as well as Ben and Alex Smith. Ben is going nowhere but out to pasture if not back in PIT next yr, but still several options might be available.

If you need a vet FA QB, 2018 will be a banner yr.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though he may not be moving on next yr I think we need to add the young 40 y/o to the mix as well as Ben and Alex Smith. Ben is going nowhere but out to pasture if not back in PIT next yr, but still several options might be available.

If you need a vet FA QB, 2018 will be a banner yr.

That is true forgot about them. Alex Smith especially is showing he can play at an MVP level right now in his career. It is crazy the season he is having. Now given he has maybe the most unique set of weapons in the NFL, but he is showing the aggression to take advantage of those weapons. I do wonder how the injury to Conley will change that offense. He was the one true traditional WR they had on the team that could make plays.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true forgot about them. Alex Smith especially is showing he can play at an MVP level right now in his career. It is crazy the season he is having. Now given he has maybe the most unique set of weapons in the NFL, but he is showing the aggression to take advantage of those weapons. I do wonder how the injury to Conley will change that offense. He was the one true traditional WR they had on the team that could make plays.

Right now Alex is headlining the '18 FA group. It will be interesting to see what NYG, LAC do...if they use their 1st rd picks on a QBs, do they try to move Eli, and Rivers?

JAX has to be an interested party in all this.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Alex is headlining the '18 FA group. It will be interesting to see what NYG, LAC do...if they use their 1st rd picks on a QBs, do they try to move Eli, and Rivers?

JAX has to be an interested party in all this.

Most likely so is Miami. Tannehill is likely done, I think his contract is up. Do they resign a guy that hasn't proven himself to be the man or stay healthy?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely so is Miami. Tannehill is likely done, I think his contract is up. Do they resign a guy that hasn't proven himself to be the man or stay healthy?

Yep...Fins probably will be in the market as well...do they dare try again with Brees if he's out there?

We know MIA will spend...if I had to guess, Alex Smith will be the biggest fish in the FA pool.

If I had to guess right now...Cousins reunites with Shanny in SF. Smith in MIA or JAX...Chargers and Giants go the draft route...no clue what they do with River or Eli yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...Fins probably will be in the market as well...do they dare try again with Brees if he's out there?

We know MIA will spend...if I had to guess, Alex Smith will be the biggest fish in the FA pool.

If I had to guess right now...Cousins reunites with Shanny in SF. Smith in MIA or JAX...Chargers and Giants go the draft route...no clue what they do with River or Eli yet.

My guess right now is Drew Brees or Philip Rivers is the QB of the Denver Broncos for 2018.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess right now is Drew Brees or Philip Rivers is the QB of the Denver Broncos for 2018.

Forgot about your Broncos...Elway will not hesitate to upgrade short term if he can squeeze another Lombardi out of that DEF.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about your Broncos...Elway will not hesitate to upgrade short term if he can squeeze another Lombardi out of that DEF.

Exactly. I know for a fact they are not sold on Siemian long-term. Heck they were working a bunch of trades this offseason with him as one of the pieces available. And yeah with this defense playing like it is I would venture to say that this year and next are the last two true opportunities for them being elite. Guys like Peko, Wolfe, and Talib will see big fall off after that. Not sure any of those 3 are still on the team after this year and next. So adding a player like Brees or Rivers to maximize the offense would be huge. It would make the Broncos top-3 in the league when it comes to Super Bowl expectations.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I know for a fact they are not sold on Siemian long-term. Heck they were working a bunch of trades this offseason with him as one of the pieces available. And yeah with this defense playing like it is I would venture to say that this year and next are the last two true opportunities for them being elite. Guys like Peko, Wolfe, and Talib will see big fall off after that. Not sure any of those 3 are still on the team after this year and next. So adding a player like Brees or Rivers to maximize the offense would be huge. It would make the Broncos top-3 in the league when it comes to Super Bowl expectations.

I think both the Saints and Chargers probably realize now that their window of opportunity has passed to be a realistic playoff team barring a fluke of some sort. Both could be on the market....a lot to look forward to even in the offseason already.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins is going to the 49ers to reunite with Shanahan

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Cousins isn't that great
2) What does he do after he gets paid, not in a contract year
3) Would you want to pay all that money for a QB when you have high draft picks in what looks like a deep QB draft?
4) can the giants even afford him? I don't see a lot of easy cap space in there for 2018. Getting rid of Eli will make room, but other than that you would have to dismantle the defense to make room.
5) OBJ contract looms

No, I don't think Kirk in NYG makes any sense. OBJ is gonna take up so much 2018 cap space there won't be room to sign Kirk. If you did manage to move money and make it work there would be no money left to address the OL. The OL needs more than 1 player.

1.) He's 3rd in YPA, 9th in comp%, 10th in QBR, 3rd in TD:INT ratio, and averages 5.1 yards per carry so he's not an immobile stiff. I would say he's boarderline elite. As Brady, Ben and Bresus fall off he will enter into the top 5.

2.) Dude plays with a chip on his shoulder and getting paid like he does every season won't be a major negative against him or set his play back at all.

3.) They can attempt to go for both. Acquire Cousins and a rookie QB. If the rookie turns out to be better than Cousins then use Cousins as trade bait. Or it takes him a while to develop like Rodgers and then turn the team over to the rookie 3-4 years down the road.

4.) IDK enough about their salary issues.

5.) OBJ joked in the biggest game of his career and now his career is in question with a significant leg injury. He won't make even close to what he believes he's worth. He shouldn't even be the top paid WR much less top paid player.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.) He's 3rd in YPA, 9th in comp%, 10th in QBR, 3rd in TD:INT ratio, and averages 5.1 yards per carry so he's not an immobile stiff. I would say he's boarderline elite. As Brady, Ben and Bresus fall off he will enter into the top 5.

2.) Dude plays with a chip on his shoulder and getting paid like he does every season won't be a major negative against him or set his play back at all.

3.) They can attempt to go for both. Acquire Cousins and a rookie QB. If the rookie turns out to be better than Cousins then use Cousins as trade bait. Or it takes him a while to develop like Rodgers and then turn the team over to the rookie 3-4 years down the road.

4.) IDK enough about their salary issues.

5.) OBJ joked in the biggest game of his career and now his career is in question with a significant leg injury. He won't make even close to what he believes he's worth. He shouldn't even be the top paid WR much less top paid player.

Other NFC East fans don't wont to face reality. Fact is he might be the best in the division

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please see my tanking for Sam thread

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be wearing red next year.... Cardinal red!