• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins...

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he leaves Washington via free agency would the Giants have an interest? If they managed to sign him they could invest that top-5 pick they'll get from finishing a dismal 3-13 on possibly....drum roll...an offensive lineman. Not sure how Davis Webb will do since nobody has seen him in action yet. This is all predicated on Eli not returning for whatever reason...trade, retirement, etc. I'm not picketing for Eli to go, but it may be time. I love him and I'm glad he's been a Giant for 14 seasons, but everything comes to an end at some point. Wouldn't Cousins love to stick it to the Redskins twice a year?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting supposition. I'm not a fan of Cousins tho, but there might not be better out there.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Cousins isn't that great
2) What does he do after he gets paid, not in a contract year
3) Would you want to pay all that money for a QB when you have high draft picks in what looks like a deep QB draft?
4) can the giants even afford him? I don't see a lot of easy cap space in there for 2018. Getting rid of Eli will make room, but other than that you would have to dismantle the defense to make room.
5) OBJ contract looms

No, I don't think Kirk in NYG makes any sense. OBJ is gonna take up so much 2018 cap space there won't be room to sign Kirk. If you did manage to move money and make it work there would be no money left to address the OL. The OL needs more than 1 player.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. Giants are more likely to be after one of the top QB's and dump Eli for cap space than anything if things were rational over there. Just blow it up and have a mini-rebuild on offense. Rest of the team is pretty solid so it should only be a 1-2 year thing at most assuming the new QB isn't horrific.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. Giants are more likely to be after one of the top QB's and dump Eli for cap space than anything if things were rational over there. Just blow it up and have a mini-rebuild on offense. Rest of the team is pretty solid so it should only be a 1-2 year thing at most assuming the new QB isn't horrific.

Saw an idea of trading Eli to Jags. Not sure why a good Jags team would want a shitty Eli.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im in the minority, but Garrapollo is my target, Im a big time believer

And Im repeating myself, But Id love me some Saquon Barkley with a Top 5 pick, and Oline with our next 6 picks

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford or Teddy should be available this offseason via FA. Brees is free, right?

If the Giants don't want to rebuild but slot a short timer in there and draft a QB, either of those 3 would work on a 2 year deal.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting supposition. I'm not a fan of Cousins tho, but there might not be better out there.
I think Jacksonville would be a MUCH better destination. Dominant defense. Great #1 in Robinson. Great young RB

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Im repeating myself, But Id love me some Saquon Barkley with a Top 5 pick, and Oline with our next 6 picks
hands off MY man!

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah all the QB dreams in the world wont help unless the Oline is fixed big time!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which one?
ct-jimmy-garoppolo-qb-nfl-draft-bears-mailbag-20170209

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha.. Ok Rock ^^

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he leaves Washington via free agency would the Giants have an interest? If they managed to sign him they could invest that top-5 pick they'll get from finishing a dismal 3-13 on possibly....drum roll...an offensive lineman. Not sure how Davis Webb will do since nobody has seen him in action yet. This is all predicated on Eli not returning for whatever reason...trade, retirement, etc. I'm not picketing for Eli to go, but it may be time. I love him and I'm glad he's been a Giant for 14 seasons, but everything comes to an end at some point. Wouldn't Cousins love to stick it to the Redskins twice a year?

I think Eli, Ben, Brady, and Rivers are all staring down the end of the career. Are any of them at the very end yet? No, but it is time for NYG to start thinking life after Eli.

Cousins? To me he's accurate enough to gobble up a lot of stats the way the game is played today. That will make the team competitive, but when they face the top tier competition I don't trust Kirk to take his game up another level to win games in JAN.

For the money he's going to command, I want a little bit more than what I think he can deliver.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this at all. I'm all for the Giants sucking ass all year, but as of right now they have a very good defense. On Offense they have one of the best WRs in the game that they will I'm sure re-sign. Yeah he is an absolute AHole, but his talent is incredible. They also have a great young #2 WR in Sheppard. They just drafted a pass catching TE (book is still out but looks OK). They could use a back, but maybe those guys are alright with a decent OL. They need a couple of OL and a TE that can block his ass off (which is cheap and easy to find) and they could be a really good team. I don't think that puts them in the "blow it up" category. They either use their likely top 5 pick on QB or something else and then get an early 2nd and 3rd rounder too. A couple of good moves could put them right back on top of the division.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4) can the giants even afford him? I don't see a lot of easy cap space in there for 2018. Getting rid of Eli will make room, but other than that you would have to dismantle the defense to make room.
5) OBJ contract looms
This. Without dismantling the team, they don't/won't have the cap space to afford Cousins even if they wanted him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a crazy year for QB's moving. Lots of talk about Brees and the Saints moving on from each other. The other big name is Philip Rivers. The Chargers almost moved on from him this year as they really wanted to draft Watson but late in the game changed their mind. So some big name QB's definitely could be hitting the open market with Rivers, Brees, Jimmy G, and Cousins all available.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of you make good points. This is all contingent on who the hell the GM and head coach are next season. What % do you give for Reese and McAdoo returning? My % is in the ball park of 'it ain't good'.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Without dismantling the team, they don't/won't have the cap space to afford Cousins even if they wanted him.
I don't see them moving on from Eli to start 2018, but if they did it would free up like $10M. DRC is likely gone after what just happened which also frees up some money. How they structure OBJ will be big. Or do they wait one more year to decide now that he is both a DBag and hurt? But, I think they could figure a way to sign Cousins and backload the deal if they chose to. I just don't think it makes sense when it would require cutting Eli, shedding some other money and they likely could have a shot at a top young QB. IMO the play is to draft a QB unless they start winning some games. Then also figure out a way to get a couple new starting OL. If the OL has to wait one more year to be turned around, then so be it. The only key player they would lose by 2019 is Eli and he wouldn't be expected to be needed if they draft a top QB, will be a cheaper cap cut then and may not be able to walk after 2018 anyway if the OL isn't better.