• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins to be shopped by the Vikings

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think anyone is saying he is a bad QB. He is still a top QB, but he doesnt carry the offense like in the past (which was the point I believe)
Hard to do when he's injured.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their GM, Rick Spielman, deserves it, yes. But you shut your whore mouth otherwise! WE didn't ask for this! We were... we were forced into it... forced, and humiliated!
He's had decent success elsewhere so I'd say its more you amateurish coaching staff.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to do when he's injured.
not arguing. merely pointing things out.

This year he hasnt had to try to carry the team. Just stay mistake free while the Defense is still doing their thing.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not arguing. merely pointing things out.

This year he hasnt had to try to carry the team. Just stay mistake free while the Defense is still doing their thing.
Whatever.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude will probably have racked up over $200 million in total contract earnings by the end of his career even at his current pedestrian rate, provided he can stay healthy... not even including endorsement deals. That's the real irony of it all.

Have you seen his Pizza Ranch commercial? He's absolutely horrible! I'd say endorsements aren't going to be racking up for him in the near future if they watch that.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you expect him to say anything different? He's gotta go down with the ship...

I get that, but he ripped Keenum every week and Case was winning. (Granted Case could take it and Kirk probably can't).

The guy saved both his and Spielman's jobs and they couldn't get him out of town fast enough.

The geniuses put all of their eggs in the Sam Bradford basket and he (shockingly) got hurt. Keenum stepped in and took that team to the NFCCG. Had Keenum sucked, they both probably are on the unemployment line last year, if not for sure this year with 3 straight mediocre seasons to open a new stadium.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had decent success elsewhere so I'd say its more you amateurish coaching staff.

What success? Miami, where he traded for AJ Feeley and was blown out the door for Saban and Mueller (who both sucked)?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor has it that they're willing to give him up for a pack of "flamin' hot" Doritos or Cheetos and a case of Red Dogg. If it's to a division rival, they would sweeten the deal by settling for just a couple plasic 40's of Old English High Grav.

download.jpg

I don't think he does, like that

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were they into Case for $84M?

Obviously not. They could have had him for a lot less. Plus, any QB that is making that much should be up to the criticism.

You also didn't address anything but the first sentence of my post.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously not. They could have had him for a lot less. Plus, any QB that is making that much should be up to the criticism.

You also didn't address anything but the first sentence of my post.

If they criticize him they are admitting they made a mistake, he was suppose to be the savior, Case was just a stopgap and obviously other teams agree being he's been in the league eight years and played for five different teams.

I didn't address the other things you said because I don't give a shit what your opinions are it just struck me funny you didn't understand the difference between ripping Cousins and ripping Keenum.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What success? Miami, where he traded for AJ Feeley and was blown out the door for Saban and Mueller (who both sucked)?
Put the bottle down. We are talking about Cousins here not you amateurish coaching staff.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they criticize him they are admitting they made a mistake, he was suppose to be the savior, Case was just a stopgap and obviously other teams agree being he's been in the league eight years and played for five different teams.

I didn't address the other things you said because I don't give a shit what your opinions are it just struck me funny you didn't understand the difference between ripping Cousins and ripping Keenum.

I get the difference. They've got everything invested in Cousins. But it's a double standard that annoys me that one was winning, while the other is a half game over .500 and the guy who was winning was the guy getting ripped.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen his Pizza Ranch commercial? He's absolutely horrible! I'd say endorsements aren't going to be racking up for him in the near future if they watch that.

No, and I'd rather not see it. Especially after his "dancing" goofball TD celebration last season. But thanks for warning.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His local Credit Union commercials here are pretty funny.

Not on purpose funny, but funny.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple of question.
How many QB's do you think could carry an offense with little talent at the skill positions and average to below average oline play? Is Goff a QB that can carry a struggling offense? Is Wentz?

BTW...your above statement was also said about Aikman

Aikman was more of a pure passer, but was a bit of a statue. He could throw receivers open, but needed a good OL to do so. Dak isn't as accurate, but can create more time for the receiver to break open. All depends on how you want to define the position (which is getting tougher to do so).

Goff/Wentz? No to both, at least from what we've seen to date. As I said, very few, as you need either a quick release or elusiveness in or out of the pocket to make up for a week OL. It's hard to say in terms of skill position talent, as great QBs often elevate average talent at WR to well known status. Big indicator would be if those receivers struggle after changing teams I guess?

Regardless, Cowboys should keep Dak, but the amount of money could eventually affect the cap and future signings to keep the team competitive/improving.