• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiper and McShay's podcast

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I understand what Value means...so .......Please dont infer that you can speak for me...becasue obviously you can't

I dont even think its a matter of speaking for others. The problem is, assuming that every ones concepts values should be the same. And in not accepting the FACT that even when the pundits all agree that said named player will be the next great, about 70% of the time they are WRONG.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I understand what Value means...so .......Please dont infer that you can speak for me...becasue obviously you can't

I wasn't speaking for you, I wasn't even referring to any of your posts. Apologies if it came across that way. I was referring to other posts such as "you guys are hung up on value" and the claim that the value of a pick can not be determined if a trade is not executed with the pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't speaking for you, I wasn't even referring to any of your posts. Apologies if it came across that way. I was referring to other posts such as "you guys are hung up on value" and the claim that the value of a pick can not be determined if a trade is not executed with the pick.

And as we have told you repeatedly, you are confusing POSSIBLE value, with actual value. Just because your buddy sold HIS 1968 Camaro for $300k does not in any way shape or form guarantee or even infer that YOU will actually be able to get that or even close to that for yours, especially if you are under a deadline to sell yours. After all, its not like we can say if we dont get a first, a third and some ones virgin daughter for the pick, we will simply hold onto it until some one meets our price.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is the part that seems you would be speaking for me: I just see it differently and so does everyone who understands what the word value means.

That to me was speaking for me becasue I understand the concept of Value......

No worries though dude: Just being dickish......but having fun more then anything.....Its all good!!!!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as we have told you repeatedly, you are confusing POSSIBLE value, with actual value. Just because your buddy sold HIS 1968 Camaro for $300k does not in any way shape or form guarantee or even infer that YOU will actually be able to get that or even close to that for yours, especially if you are under a deadline to sell yours. After all, its not like we can say if we dont get a first, a third and some ones virgin daughter for the pick, we will simply hold onto it until some one meets our price.

You guys keep over complicating this whole thing. The 5th pick in the draft is more valuable than the 9th pick. End of story.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Will take that car...Hell I will go $301... Send me pics...Sned me the INFO!!!!!!1

Whoops you said 300K not $300.....

I will pass at that price

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys keep over complicating this whole thing. The 5th pick in the draft is more valuable than the 9th pick. End of story.

No...you are thinking since guys have him in a Mock going 9th......that is his value.........that is NOT his Value....that is where they think he will go based on team needs....Not necessarily his VALUE!!!!!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the part that seems you would be speaking for me: I just see it differently and so does everyone who understands what the word value means.

That to me was speaking for me becasue I understand the concept of Value......

No worries though dude: Just being dickish......but having fun more then anything.....Its all good!!!!

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? Go back and read the sentence before the one you quoted. I specifically mentioned Shark and others' position on taking a gaurd, a position you clearly don't share judging from other posts you made.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? Go back and read the sentence before the one you quoted. I specifically mentioned Shark and others' position on taking a gaurd, a position you clearly don't share judging from other posts you made.

I saw that...but the sentence I quoted says what it says about anyone that understands value........as I said...was just having fun anyway.......

value and where someone is Mocked are NOT the same thing.....It is a simple concept...but obviously you can't understand that

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...you are thinking since guys have him in a Mock going 9th......that is his value.........that is NOT his Value....that is where they think he will go based on team needs....Not necessarily his VALUE!!!!!

No that's not what's going on. I am going on the earlier position that Shark held which clearly said even if he is the 9th best player he should be taken 5th because of our need he becomes more valuable than his ranking. That was his position and it was backed up with his infamous "you guys are hung up on value". Um....yeah I'm hung up on value because that is what the draft is all about, maximizing VALUE and not filling need above value.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No that's not what's going on. I am going on the earlier position that Shark held which clearly said even if he is the 9th best player he should be taken 5th because of our need he becomes more valuable than his ranking. That was his position and it was backed up with his infamous "you guys are hung up on value". Um....yeah I'm hung up on value because that is what the draft is all about, maximizing VALUE not need.

OK... I get that, and your argument is not without merit......however.....I am thinking he was meaning more what I have said.......earlier, about where the mocks have him going......None of us know where the Skins have him rated on their board....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this statement.

I also agree that different GMs/Front Offices might inflate/deflate the value of a pick depending on The year and the player market options available.

The 2 things are not mutually exclusive imo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Will take that car...Hell I will go $301... Send me pics...Sned me the INFO!!!!!!1

Whoops you said 300K not $300.....

I will pass at that price

You missed the K on the end.. hence $300,000... but if you still want it. :)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking....I need to start.....posting with more.....periods in my posts.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RGIII was a QB. i've already explained the QB part. Teams overpay for QBs becuase they are so important.

Then you trot out an example from 3 decades ago to prove that the 3rd and 5th pick were very similar. Really, that's your argument? By the way Deion Sanders was the 5th pick in that draft. The 9th pick was something called Sammie Smith, a RB for the Dolphins who did nothing. You could not have possible helped me make my point any better when you used the 1989 draft as your example.
you know i can pull another draft say the watt draft that backs up my point dont you ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad... You realize no amount of talk is going to convince these guys. And while alot pay lip service to In Scot we trust, if we pick Scherff at #5 there will be months of talk about wasted value and Scherff will be the most highly critiqued O-lineman ever to wear the B&G. IN three weeks we will know. IF we trade down for an extra 4th rounder there will be people thumping their chests about the value of the backup we got.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeeeah we have a winner of the misquote of the sportshoopla skins board debate of the month award

we have said the talent at 5 and 9 are about the same . hence the "reach argument " isnt all that good

others have brought mythical value to it by how much you could get for the pick when value is determined at the time of the transaction

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL You have spent 2 months discounting the "experts", singling out Kiper specifically as an idiot. But now that his rating fits your agenda (sort of) you suddenly totally change your tune and trot out this chest pounding post?

That's too funny.

Lol. Agreed. It's called cherry picking like we described earlier.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeeeah we have a winner of the misquote of the sportshoopla skins board debate of the month award

we have said the talent at 5 and 9 are about the same . hence the "reach argument " isnt all that good

others have brought mythical value to it by how much you could get for the pick when value is determined at the time of the transaction

Unbelievable. Yes, then, Robert Gallery was a great pick at #2 overall because he turned out to be a standout guard despite passing on Philip Rivers, Big Ben and Vince Wilfork.