• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings staying in Sacramento impacts Mariners

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And surprisingly it's not a good impact for the Mariners.

I considered posting this link on here a while back but sort of never got to it:

Mariners? Gamble on Majority Stake In ROOT Sports Northwest | FanGraphs Baseball

For now, ROOT Sports NW is the home of the Mariners and the Utah Jazz, plus the Seattle Sounders and Portland Timbers of Major League Soccer, and Gonzaga University’s men’s basketball team. The Mariners’ decision to take over control of the RSN now may be a calculated gamble that the Sacramento Kings will be sold to the Seattle-based investment group, moved to Seattle, and be looking for a new broadcast home. If that happens, the Mariners would be in a very good position to cash in. But that’s a very big if.

When I read the details about the Mariners T.V. deal I was thinking about how genius it was for them to take a majority stake in ROOT under the assumption that the Sonics games would be broadcast on there also.

Sadly with the NBA refusing to come back to Seattle despite an incredible offer from an impressive ownership group, this could have a negative impact on the Mariners income from ROOT. Despite the fact that the Mariners tried to block the new arena, I think they have now come to the conclusion that if the Sonics come back they can cash in big if they can get them on ROOT.

What does everyone else think? Think NBA will ever come back? I ask mostly because from my perspective the Kings arena deal seemed unstable at best, yet the Seattle offer was as good as it gets.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stern Can't Go Soon Enough

I considered posting this link on here a while back but sort of never got to it:

Mariners? Gamble on Majority Stake In ROOT Sports Northwest | FanGraphs Baseball

When I read the details about the Mariners T.V. deal I was thinking about how genius it was for them to take a majority stake in ROOT under the assumption that the Sonics games would be broadcast on there also.

Sadly with the NBA refusing to come back to Seattle despite an incredible offer from an impressive ownership group, this could have a negative impact on the Mariners income from ROOT. Despite the fact that the Mariners tried to block the new arena, I think they have now come to the conclusion that if the Sonics come back they can cash in big if they can get them on ROOT.

What does everyone else think? Think NBA will ever come back? I ask mostly because from my perspective the Kings arena deal seemed unstable at best, yet the Seattle offer was as good as it gets.

As long as Stern is involved with the NBA, and Bennett involved with the relocation committee, I just never see it happening. This whole thing has been a joke from the beginning. If it were any other city coming with that offer, it's more likely a done deal, but Seattle stood up to the NBA 5 years ago so they must pay, despite the clause that Seattle was supposed to get a new team with their original Sonics history within 5 years. They are fighting to keep the team with the lowest fan support of any team in the NBA in the city that doesn't support them.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have lasting memories of the Sonics. I own a lot of memorabilia including signed Payton & Kemp jerseys on my wall, but I now believe that the NBA is no longer worth my time. It's apparent that we were strung along for the second time, and now once again left with our hopes dashed. I'm great full for what the Hansen/Ballmer group did in attempt of bringing the Sonics home, but my interested is over. Not until a team is officially back in Seattle will I allow this league to spark my interest. May David Stern retire in shame, and the M's get what they deserved for stringing us along for as long as they have with crappy teams all the while competing against our Sonics coming home; karma's a bitch!

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very surprising vote. But, there is no one currently at fault here. Certainly not the local ownership group. But I don't blame Stern nor Bennett either. The fault has always been, and continues to be, the mayor and Senate members who allowed the Sonics to leave in the first place. What a bunch of useless, impotent assholes they were.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very surprising vote. But, there is no one currently at fault here. Certainly not the local ownership group. But I don't blame Stern nor Bennett either. The fault has always been, and continues to be, the mayor and Senate members who allowed the Sonics to leave in the first place. What a bunch of useless, impotent assholes they were.

I still find it so crazy that Al Sharpton and the rest of the guys who jump on the race card did not come protest Nick Licotti or however you spell it for his quote that basketball holds no cultural value in the city. Had he been a republican it would've been the end of his career. Personally I don't blame anyone involved except Howard Schultz.

With owing money on Qwest, the Key Arena and still were paying debts on the Kingdome, how could anyone expect a publically funded arena where the owners were not putting a minimum of half in? For a guy who was so smart with Starbucks he was a complete dipshit for buying the Sonics without knowledge that Key Arena was not a money maker, there was no deal on the table for renovation and then to have him bring David Stern to Olympia and his literally point his finger at the council. I'm no fan of the politicians but you don't walk in, point your finger and say give me what I want or I'm leaving.

The sadest part of this whole thing is that all of Seattle's backup plans to get local ownership, get new arena etc were all equal to or better than Sacramento's deal. Bellevue had the land, Ballmer offered 150 million towards the arena that dude from Chicago offered to buy the team at value price which is what Sacramento is getting considering their offer is reported well below the Hansen group's offer.

F*ck the Mariners for blocking the NHL

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fault has always been, and continues to be, the mayor and Senate members who allowed the Sonics to leave in the first place. What a bunch of useless, impotent assholes they were.

It's nice to see someone in Washington State admit the truth, although I would most certainly add Seattle's own Howard Schultz for causing the avalanche in the first place by making a choice out of his own free will to sell the team to anybody...as in ANYBODY. Even an ownership group from Oklahoma City. He could have stipulated the offer to buy only comes from someone in the Seattle area. He did not. The Sonics had a grand total of 365 days upon sale to Bennett to find "a good faith effort" to find a new arena solution to the Sonics. Howard Schultz tried for years to get something done, and he ran into a brick wall. Even Stern came to Olympia to help the cause, all to no avail. So the solution was for Schultz to abandon ship and let an outsider attempt to deal with the big-wigs in Washington State knowing he would never have a chance either, but it gave Schultz some cover.

Sadly, too many up in the PNW do nothing but blame Bennett and Stern for why the Sonics were sold down the river, but they continue to buy Schultz's overpriced coffee and stand in line for 20 minutes in order to do so.

And never forget Greg Nickels' laugh at the presser when the Sonics were let out of their lease, thereby sealing Seattle's fate. To those Seattle fans who concentrate their hatred toward Bennett for various reasons such as "He lied" or "He gutted the team" or "He manipulated us" take a look at how it all got started, and how it ultimately ended, rather than trying to pinpoint a few things in the middle.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame them all. The city, the state, Schultz, Bennett, Stern, etc. Every single one of them was more concerned about forcing the other to do what they wanted that they cared little for the fans and 41 years of history.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame them all. The city, the state, Schultz, Bennett, Stern, etc. Every single one of them was more concerned about forcing the other to do what they wanted that they cared little for the fans and 41 years of history.

And among them all, who would you say should be more concerned with those fans and those 41 years of history? ANSWER: The current owner and the Legislature in Washington.

At least you have the order right somewhat right..... City, State, Legislature, Schultz.

Don't blame Bennett for capitalizing on your brass being certifiable dumbfucks. You will never get away with that if you try.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, even just mentioning the Sonics moving to Oklahoma gets Thunder fans flocking in to defend Clay Bennett. They get so defensive I really don't get it. It's not like the fans were the ones that had anything to do with the Sonics moving.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The troll thread-Need SEA action

It's funny, even just mentioning the Sonics moving to Oklahoma gets Thunder fans flocking in to defend Clay Bennett. They get so defensive I really don't get it. It's not like the fans were the ones that had anything to do with the Sonics moving.

I am not defending Clay Bennett, and you ought to stick to the point. He was nothing more than a smart buyer.

Why did the Sonics move? ANSWER THE QUESTION.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Please explain to all readers why the Sonics moved. I'll be waiting.

Thunder fans do not like gross misinformation from the likes of you.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not defending Clay Bennett, and you ought to stick to the point. He was nothing more than a smart buyer.

Why did the Sonics move? ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Because the relocation committee voted yes. He still is a slimeball, a liar and a loyal guy since he is making less money in OKC than he would've had he accepted the offers from Renton and Bellevue.

But the committee's recommendation hurts the entire NBA. With how perfect the Hansen's group deal is, it is putting every single other city with an arena issue, money issue, attendance issue on notice. What is better for the NBA, using Seattle as a threat to a city to move or Sacramento?

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Come on, miscreant. Debate me if you dare. I'm looking forward to pulverizing you.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You are wrong. He is making far more money in OKC than in Seattle.

2. Please provide LINKS (as in real ones) to those "offers" from Renton and Bellvue.

I'll be waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on, miscreant. Debate me if you dare. I'm looking forward to pulverizing you.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the relocation committee voted yes. He still is a slimeball, a liar and a loyal guy since he is making less money in OKC than he would've had he accepted the offers from Renton and Bellevue.

But the committee's recommendation hurts the entire NBA. With how perfect the Hansen's group deal is, it is putting every single other city with an arena issue, money issue, attendance issue on notice. What is better for the NBA, using Seattle as a threat to a city to move or Sacramento?

LOL, So is it Bennett or the relocation committee? Pick a side and stick to it.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You will not escape these statements, regardless of the bullshit you post.

1. Who sold the Sonics?
2. Who let the Sonics out of their lease two years early?

Thunder fans aren't really defensive, we have a great team. I am sure your Seattle Storm is a nice team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, So is it Bennett or the relocation committee? Pick a side and stick to it.

1. Go find a link yourself. Renton and Bellevue both offered him free land, he refused. Ballmer offered him more than half of what he wanted in an arena for the spot Bellevue offered him. It's Bennett who demanded things, had it met then changed. It was wise from him to finally make his final claim something immoral in kicking business' out in downtown Seattle though. He is smart, but still a dirt bag.

His Jason Collins esq partner in David Stern did a great job. I made a claim, your chance to find a rebuttle.

2. You asked who moved the team, Bennett moved the team but it's the relocation committee who okayed the move, yes or no?

You're little laughable "crushing" of anyone who debates you is equal to a first grader trying a high school spelling bee.

skibum2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you could spell "rebuttal" correctly.

Renton and Bellevue offered him "free land." Ummm anything else???? Like a sports arena????? Dumbfuck.

"You're little laughable "crushing" of anyone who debates you is equal to a first grader trying a high school spelling bee. "

Okay.... tell me where I'm wrong.

Like 1, 2, 3, 4 itemize it.

Even though I didn't misspell a word, you dipshits are talking about spelling.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Go Thunder!

P.S. Dumbfucks..... you provide a good offer for the Kings, and STILL get rejected??? Can you add 1 + 1 and come up with the result? Okay, it happened once, you lost the Sonics... now it's happening again. Care to look in the mirror?