• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings maybe looking at Kovalchuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things killed the Kings' masterful 2 Cups in 3 years run: (1) Voynov's suspension with no replacement and (2) Lombardi not buying out Richards originally when he could have. If either 1 or 2 don't occur, and especially if neither happened, we'd still be celebrating.

Yeah you're probably right. That Voynov one was a crusher for sure. We actually got out from under the Richards debacle for the most part, since there was the divine intervention of Richards smuggling drugs in to the US and getting caught. LA gets hit with the recapture, but it was looking like Richards full cap hit was going to be with LA for a long time.

I always say winning is like poker in a lot of aspects, where you have to play well and make the correct decisions, but you also need luck and need the cards to fall. You could easily argue that LA was unlucky last year as well. Quick hurt for 60+ games, Gaborik hurt (Maybe all year to be honest. Heck, he was hurt from January through the Playoffs the year before that too), Toffoli missed time (maybe lingering effects when he came back as well. I don't know). Martinez still with the Hamstring issues (Which apparently are getting surgically repaired this summer).

It's just unfortunate also because you look at a lot of the other teams, and it'st still hard for me to say that LA shouldn't have made the Playoffs and couldn't have made a run.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things killed the Kings' masterful 2 Cups in 3 years run: (1) Voynov's suspension with no replacement and (2) Lombardi not buying out Richards originally when he could have. If either 1 or 2 don't occur, and especially if neither happened, we'd still be celebrating.

Agree 100%