• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kind of Sad I Think

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what a mint julip is, but it just sounds overly homosexual.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mint leaf, bourbon, sugar, water.

So sugar water with some booze in it.

I can't imagine liking that, unless it helps to get the girls drinking.

Unfortunately, that sounds like it will make them sick just as fast as it makes them drunk.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mint leaf, bourbon, sugar, water.

So sugar water with some booze in it.

I think they're pretty popular at horse races like the KY Derby...so the "upper crust" socialites probably slam them back while the jockeys go for whiskey or beer.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an old Southern aristocrat drink and still fairly popular around the country club crowd. I've had one. It sucks. I'll stick with my liquor made in the hills.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
eh to each their own i guess but mint julep's arent that bad. The mint with the bourbon is kinda refreshing. Its not something i drink on the regular and they are too sweet to drink more than 2-3 but they arent that bad.

I've had it made with club soda instead of water also.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK, I'll confess. I've had them too, but they're not my favorite.

Just goes to show you that most of us will drink anything we're handed.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Even a Gorilla Fart, or how about The Four Horsemen... Had a few of them in my day, but now :puke:

IDK anything about the four horsemen but if someone ordered/poured me a gorilla fart, as much as i would hate to, i guess i'd down it.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK anything about the four horsemen but if someone ordered/poured me a gorilla fart, as much as i would hate to, i guess i'd down it.

never had a gorilla fart but id be down for throwing it back. The four horsemen is Jack, Jim, Johnnie, Jameson mixed

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
never had a gorilla fart but id be down for throwing it back. The four horsemen is Jack, Jim, Johnnie, Jameson mixed

Id be ok with that!

Gorilla fart is 101 wild turkey and bacardi 151

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be ok with that!

Gorilla fart is 101 wild turkey and bacardi 151

yeah ive been wanting to get it just to do it but never got a chance while i was in the burg.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yeah ive been wanting to get it just to do it but never got a chance while i was in the burg.

i used to use them to "start off the night" nowadays 1-2 would prob put the night to an end.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As a lifelong virginia tech fan, I understand the animosity that VT fans have towards uva and I also understand the opposite feelings. Both groups of fans have their bad apples. But scrolling through The Sabre message boards really just makes UVA fans look pitiful. They constantly talk about how awful a school VT is, how lowly of an institution it is, how trashy our fans are, etc. First, I don't understand that feeling of superiority from anyone for any reason. Nothing makes you that much better than the person next to you, especially the school you attend. Secondly, I've always rooted for UVA when they aren't competing against the hokies. They are our rival and I understand some people can't physically root against them, but there's no reason to ever feel as pretentious as they do. It's just embarassing and extremely classless. I don't know if anyone else has ever looked at that site but they make themselves look like the biggest slobs.

Welcome to the Board!

There is a big difference between student/alum and non-affiliated fans. This is especially true at places like UVa, UNC, etc. Some alumni even look down on their own blue collar fans. Personally, I enjoy that other individuals take an interest in Virginia Tech, and some of the best people I know are UVa fans just rooting for the local team.

UVa has a stereotype that we all know about. Every school has a stereotype of some sort. However, just like we all know Tech students aren't rednecks that drive tractors to class, I can say from first hand experience that Virginia has a ton of chill, normal students. Yes, I know a person or two that went to Virginia and came out a pompous douche of epic proportions, but I know more that come out extremely level headed, reasonable, prepared for their career and proud of their education.

Virginia is an incredible school. They have highly ranked academic programs, and they have historic and modern networks for their grads to connect. I fault no one for choosing UVa for many of their programs of study. With that said, anyone who works with Virginia grads will tell you they can be just as productive or useless as anyone else. Additionally, if a Virginia grad seriously looks down on a Virginia Tech education (in general), he honestly isn't very smart himself. The fact that both UVa and Tech produce valuable graduates is not up for debate.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weird thing I've noticed, the few UVA friends I have, don't give a DAMN about UVA football. Its the CNU, George Mason, never went to college fans that make up most of the Hoo base. Don't you fall into that, Jeffro?

same...they would all go to the games, but the guys i knew probably couldnt name more than 3 people on the team...shit i remember many times where UVA would have an away game that i would watch, then later on go to talk to a buddy from UVA about it, their responses to all my comments were usually something along the lines of "fuck if i know, i didnt watch"

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I'll confess. I've had them too, but they're not my favorite.

Just goes to show you that most of us will drink anything we're handed.

lol, i once got $30 to take a shot of moonshine with a little bit of deer blood mixed in.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, i once got $30 to take a shot of moonshine with a little bit of deer blood mixed in.

My friends and I called that a "Bloody Bambi." Really, the only way I think I could drink deer blood is with moonshine...the shine we had killed the taste out of anything we mixed with it. Also, it helps if you're piss drunk when you do it.