• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kind of Sad I Think

vatechdude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As a lifelong virginia tech fan, I understand the animosity that VT fans have towards uva and I also understand the opposite feelings. Both groups of fans have their bad apples. But scrolling through The Sabre message boards really just makes UVA fans look pitiful. They constantly talk about how awful a school VT is, how lowly of an institution it is, how trashy our fans are, etc. First, I don't understand that feeling of superiority from anyone for any reason. Nothing makes you that much better than the person next to you, especially the school you attend. Secondly, I've always rooted for UVA when they aren't competing against the hokies. They are our rival and I understand some people can't physically root against them, but there's no reason to ever feel as pretentious as they do. It's just embarassing and extremely classless. I don't know if anyone else has ever looked at that site but they make themselves look like the biggest slobs.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a lifelong virginia tech fan, I understand the animosity that VT fans have towards uva and I also understand the opposite feelings. Both groups of fans have their bad apples. But scrolling through The Sabre message boards really just makes UVA fans look pitiful. They constantly talk about how awful a school VT is, how lowly of an institution it is, how trashy our fans are, etc. First, I don't understand that feeling of superiority from anyone for any reason. Nothing makes you that much better than the person next to you, especially the school you attend. Secondly, I've always rooted for UVA when they aren't competing against the hokies. They are our rival and I understand some people can't physically root against them, but there's no reason to ever feel as pretentious as they do. It's just embarassing and extremely classless. I don't know if anyone else has ever looked at that site but they make themselves look like the biggest slobs.

Hate to break it to you, but it is the same way on TSL.

vatechdude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Oh yeah man I totally agree with you on that one. And thats how it is with any rivalry. Thats not how I personally feel, but it does seem that UVA fans tend to fell privileged as better people. I just don't get that aspect of their entitlement. But yeah I do agree we have as many bad apples

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that on TSL, it's true. :love:

20090226-brtw9crxhxk35m7a6ujn6frpjs.png

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, you and I have been getting a little too chummy lately due to the Orioles. I can't wait for September so I can hate you again.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least tech didn't have a president scandal while I went there that resulted in the students being utterly bombarded with emails from the Rector and other administrative personnel.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least tech didn't have a president scandal while I went there that resulted in the students being utterly bombarded with emails from the Rector and other administrative personnel.

WTF does that have to do with the UVa/VT rivalry?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffro, you and I have been getting a little too chummy lately due to the Orioles. I can't wait for September so I can hate you again.

:mo: lol

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever UVA people talk about being a better school, pull up the median income stats

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I pulled the median income stat to a bunch of UVA fans a few weeks ago .. Told them to google it and they shut the fuck up quickly ... And everytime they start their argument concerning football with "VT accepts a bunch of retards" .. I tell them to act like intelligent fucking wahoos and keep the debate on topic. That's all they have .. their academics which STILL equates to less median income .. fucking wahoos

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i have an associates degree and i guarantee i STILL make more than 75% of those liberal arts weiners. and fwiw -- i can understand a UVA grad bringing academics up in SOME debates .. but a fucking landscaping dude who wears a greasy whoVA ballcap (the nerve :O) has NO business talking about UVA's academics .. He just needs to keep cutting the UVA grads' and the VT grads' lawns :)

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To be fair, UVA attracts douches because of their high rankings, country club atmosphere, current douches, and douche alumni. It's not something for which the school itself can be faulted, and it doesn't affect the excellent textbook education (though, like private school, it may leave them insufficiently prepared for the real world). A lot of down to earth kids go there because it's a good school. Only some of them become assholes by proximity. The real Ivy League schools are the same way.

I told a Hoo once that he was an okay guy. That counts as my one friend, right?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you are forgetting about the clusterfuck that your AD Weaver created by firing Goonberg and not telling him.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the kids from high school that went to UVA walk around like they are the shit. They are snobby and think they are better. There are a couple who are still cool but not many. I'd rather have my VT brethren than some Zima sipping preppy punks. Enjoy your salmon shorts and button down teal shirts topped off with a visor, we will go knock back a few beers, a few shots, and watch out Hokies kick the piss out of the Wahoos

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The weird thing I've noticed, the few UVA friends I have, don't give a DAMN about UVA football. Its the CNU, George Mason, never went to college fans that make up most of the Hoo base. Don't you fall into that, Jeffro?