• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KHL not just taking anybody!

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If in a few days the NHL's players are looking for work, the KHL won't exactly be swinging its doors wide open. [The KHL] can afford to be picky -- and that's just what the Russian league will do. Only "top-rated talent" is welcome, according to Sport-Express' Slava Malamud, and that's according to the league's stated guidelines. That means that if clubs are looking to sign non-Russian NHL players, they must have played in either 150 NHL games, on national teams, in the KHL previously or won a Stanley Cup or individual trophy. The rules will go into effect the day the NHL announces the lockout and be enforced until the situation is resolved. Owners maintain that they'll lock out the NHLPA on Sept. 15.

Sporting News

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what an odd requirement.. 150 games isn't that many, it's not even two seasons? the rest makes it sound all big and bad though haha

i dont see any flyers playing in the KHL except maybe bryzgalov

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what an odd requirement.. 150 games isn't that many, it's not even two seasons? the rest makes it sound all big and bad though haha

i dont see any flyers playing in the KHL except maybe bryzgalov

would love to see him go,to get some more practice.

Mr.healthy scratch-Shelley should also go.Might as well crack some skull and show the team you're willing to do a little more to earn your keep.