• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin White

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries... no the Bears didn't draft a QB. (which tells me that they are A. Happy with Jay & B. Didn't think this was the draft to find the next QB.)
I don't think Jay is old at all... he's only 32. <This is a semi-contested idea on the Bears board.

32 isn't old per se but he's no spring chicken either. 3-4 years left imo.....they may want to get a solid protege.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what being an LA/Raiders fan has to do with anything. First and foremost I'm a football fan. If the Raiders folded I wouldn't stop watching football.
Again... was just stating that as a fan of a different franchise, I (perhaps wrongly??) assumed that you didn't know much about the Bears. That is all. Didn't mean any offense.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding White....I wanted this guy over Cooper. Glad we got Cooper.....but I still think White can be really good.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... was just stating that as a fan of a different franchise, I (perhaps wrongly??) assumed that you didn't know much about the Bears. That is all. Didn't mean any offense.

No worries....I get along with @cdumler7 and his cronies on the Broncos board (being a Silver and Black fan)....if I can get along with them? I can get along with any board members.

And looking back I can see why Bears fans would have taken offense to my original comment. I could have worded it better.

I think this is the first time we have interacted on the Bears boards. :suds:

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 isn't old per se but he's no spring chicken either. 3-4 years left imo.....they may want to get a solid protege.
With the exception of Aaron Rodgers... when does that work? I'd say 90% of successful NFL Starting QB's are drafted high (1-2 rounds) and start within a year of being drafted.
Just as a general NFL QB question.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but I always tune into the Packers-Bears game regardless of either teams records. 1 of the best rivalries in the NFL.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic but I always tune into the Packers-Bears game regardless of either teams records. 1 of the best rivalries in the NFL.
I hope to see the Raiders become the Las Vegas Raiders soon.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope to see the Raiders become the Las Vegas Raiders soon.

Me fucking too. I can fly to Vegas fer purty fucking cheap. Beats the shit outta driving to Seattle er some shit.

:hope:

I will be thurr, first time the Bears play there.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys checking in.

Fox has always been a run first guy and all about controlling the clock and playing def. So while I agree that we have the talent to be a high powered offense, I see Fox holding it back to a safer level.
Don't completely agree with this Noon.
Checked his coaching ranks on Profootball Ref.
Fox's history seems pretty balanced as a head coach.
With Carolina his rushing offense averaged a rank of 21.7 and passing offense ranked 21.7.
With Denver his rushing offense averaged a rank of 10.6 and his passing offense ranked 12.8.

Fox seems like a coach who plays to his teams strengths. My opinion, this is what a coach should be doing. All too often, coaches try to run "their" scheme regardless of talent or ability. When things don't work they say "we" need to execute better. In other words, "not gonna change the way I coach." But the good coaches will work to the strengths of their roster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to know. Me likey 50/50 ball. I just hope Fox lets the new OC use his weapons in AJ and White.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super-excited to see what this kid can do. I see no reason why he can't put up Amari Cooper-type numbers.

I expect him and AJ to give D-coordinators nightmares all season. Health, as is most the time, will be the key.

I see a big year for Cutty. I like the Bears' chances. Call me an optimist.

I love what Cutler did last year, along with what the offensive system/play calling did for him. I also really like the call to promote from within at OC with Gase gone, and keep running the same system. God knows Jay doesn't need to learn yet another new offense.

Jay put up very good numbers last year, and didn't have a single multi-INT game all season until the final game versus Detroit, when it seemed as though we rested the entire team to ensure that we didn't fall to the middle of the pack in the draft. I saw a statistic I think right before that game, that Cutler had out played Rodgers for a long portion of the season in most every category.

If we didn't get so battered by injuries at WR and TE. I think those numbers would have been DAMN good.

There is a good chance Cutler has a very good year, and that this team contends strongly for the playoffs. We're in a tough division, but (on paper, I know) our schedule outside of the division is not daunting, in the least. We very sneakily have a lot of talent on both sides, IMO. I think we may have a defense ready to really take that next step in year two under Fangio.

A lot of it comes down to health offensively... We have three VERY talented receiving targets in Alshon, White and Zach Miller. However, will White's leg ever be the same? Will Alshon actually have a season where he doesn't spend the duration of it on the injury report, and a game-time decision every Sunday? Will Zach Miller stay healthy? Not to mention, Eddie Royal spent so much of last season injured, I nearly forgot we still had him.

If (like a good portion of last season) we're forced to trot out Josh Bellamy and Marc Mariani as Jay's top targets. It's really hard to expect him to do more than he did last season. I truly think he got as much out of last season as you could ask from a QB.

If White, Alshon and Miller are healthy and show up to play to their potential. This offense's ceiling could be close to, or along the lines of 2013. With a defense that should be much better than that dreadful unit we had in that campaign. I really don't see what's stopping us from hanging with Minnesota and Green Bay. I am not saying we should by any means take the division, but we should hang, give ourselves a shot and contend strongly for a wild card.

Those are my two cents of optimism. I said last season that I thought we'd be pretty bad, like we all did. This year, I am not afraid to say it... I'm pretty damn optimistic. I think we're really a sleeper to make noise.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you underestimate how long QB's last, compared to positional guys. Josh McCown still has a starting job in his late 30's, for christ's sake. If QB's want, barring a horrible injury history, which Jay does not have. They really can generally still play at their norm performance level into their late-30's. It just depends on how good you were, and if anyone still wants you. Jay is still athletic in and out of the pocket and has not lost any arm strength. I see no reason why he's 3 years away from being done. I give him 6-7.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you underestimate how long QB's last, compared to positional guys. Josh McCown still has a starting job in his late 30's, for christ's sake. If QB's want, barring a horrible injury history, which Jay does not have. They really can generally still play at their norm performance level into their late-30's. It just depends on how good you were, and if anyone still wants you. Jay is still athletic in and out of the pocket and has not lost any arm strength. I see no reason why he's 3 years away from being done. I give him 6-7.

McCown has very low mileage on him.....he's started just 57 games and played in only 77 games in 13 seasons. He's spent most of his career as a backup. Not sure if he's the example you'd want to really use.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If AJ takes the time to mentor KW the way Marshall did for him, he should break out this season. I agree that this should be one of the more dynamic duos in the league, barring health issues of course.