• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenyan Drake arrested, charged

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama rising junior running back Kenyan Drake was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with one misdemeanor count of obstructing government operations.

Drake's bond was set at $1,000, and he has secured a bondsman, according to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office.

According to the criminal code of Alabama, obstructing governmental operations is defined by the following:

(a) A person commits the crime of obstructing governmental operations if, by means of intimidation, physical force or interference or by any other independently unlawful act, he:

(1) Intentionally obstructs, impairs or hinders the administration of law or other governmental function; or

(2) Intentionally prevents a public servant from performing a governmental function.

(b) This section does not apply to the obstruction, impairment or hindrance of the making of an arrest.

(c) Obstructing governmental operations is a Class A misdemeanor.

Drake has rushed for 975 yards and 13 touchdowns in two seasons. He ran for 694 yards and eight touchdowns last year while serving as T.J. Yeldon's primary backup until Derrick Henry took that role in the Sugar Bowl.

More details will be released when available. Requests for more information from the Tuscaloosa County Sherriff's office have not yet received a response. Alabama has not commented on Drake.

Alabama running back Kenyan Drake arrested | AL.com

WTF..."Obstructing Government Operations?" Sounds like Drake was impeding the State Police way into the donut shop. I can't wait to hear the details of this situation.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drake needs to either get his shit together or transfer. At this point he's just taking up a roster spot that could go to somebody that'd appreciate the opportunity.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now we know the whole story:

University of Alabama running back Kenyan Drake was arrested early Saturday after ignoring police orders to stay away from a crime scene, according to Tuscaloosa Police.

Drake was at the downtown Temerson Square area around 1 a.m. Saturday when a Tuscaloosa Police officer shot at a man they witnessed shooting another man, said Tuscaloosa Police spokesman Sgt. Brent Blankley.

Police immediately secured the area of the parking lot with crime scene tape.

“His car was in the crime scene area, and he wanted to get to it,” Blankley said. “He tried to enter the crime scene and get to it anyway.”

Officers stopped Drake before he made it to his vehicle and handcuffed him, Blankley said. He was charged with obstructing governmental operations and was being held at the Tuscaloosa County Jail as of 10 a.m. with bond set at $1,000 for the misdemeanor charge.

Tide running back Kenyan Drake arrested | Crime Beat

F#ck the police...I want my car.