• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

kentucky looks loaded

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and speaking of minutes...

I had to look up the UK 96 team stats since they are the only other team I can think of that was as deep as this UK squad...

1995-96 Kentucky Wildcats Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Only 2 players averaging more than 25 minutes. Nobody averaged 30. but 10 guys averaged 10 minutes or more. (11 if you include Edwards who was at 9.3)

Interesting that one of the guys on that team that averaged one of the lowest game minutes, is the last guy from that team playing in the League. (I'm not sure, Mohammad might still be in the League)

Anyway, point being, for people wondering how to juggle that much talent... Just ask Pitino ;)

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^RP ran opposing teams right in the dirt with that team. What a great team that was. ^^^

I think it was the best full court press I've ever seen in basketball.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 96 team had a lot more experience. I like the bigger bodies on this team . I would like to see this particular team block more shots, which WCS will. I dont see the Delk on this team though. Most people just remember Delk as a 3 point shooter. That guy could just flat score

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and speaking of minutes...

I had to look up the UK 96 team stats since they are the only other team I can think of that was as deep as this UK squad...

1995-96 Kentucky Wildcats Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Only 2 players averaging more than 25 minutes. Nobody averaged 30. but 10 guys averaged 10 minutes or more. (11 if you include Edwards who was at 9.3)

Interesting that one of the guys on that team that averaged one of the lowest game minutes, is the last guy from that team playing in the League. (I'm not sure, Mohammad might still be in the League)

Anyway, point being, for people wondering how to juggle that much talent... Just ask Pitino ;)
That's a great take. The 96 squad was the best we ever had at UK, IMO. At least, in the 35 years I've rooted for them

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 96 team had a lot more experience. I like the bigger bodies on this team . I would like to see this particular team block more shots, which WCS will. I dont see the Delk on this team though. Most people just remember Delk as a 3 point shooter. That guy could just flat score

96 would crush this years squad IMO. Now if this squad came back intact next season......(never happen, but with no seniors, would be amazing)

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
96 would crush this years squad IMO. Now if this squad came back intact next season......(never happen, but with no seniors, would be amazing)

I agree. The thing that got me about the 96 team was UMass. Sure they were the second best team, but we played them twice - splitting the 2. The first game Umass had a 20 point lead and we came all the way back but fell short. I honestly thought we would kill them in the Final 4. It was a game. I know they had good guard play and Camby, but no where near as much talent IMO. Dingle and Bright were nice players but they had no depth.

BTW, looking rough today

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess I found the answer to how this team gets beat... giving up a million layups ought to do the trick.