• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kenneth Faried Trade Idea

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland receives: Kenneth Faried, Joffrey Lauvergne

Denver receives: Noah Vonleh, Ed Davis, and a future 1st round draft pick (via Cleveland)

Analysis: For Denver, this is a necessary move to speed up their rebuilding process. For Portland, this move gives them a double-double threat to help finish opportunities created by Lilliard and McCollum. Faried isn't a true post presence, but he runs the floor very well and gets several hustle points around the basket. As a part-Nuggets fan, it would be tough to lose Joffrey, but I also understand that we're going to have to give up something in order for the conference rival Blazers to swallow Faried's contract. The pick being sent in this deal is one that Portland acquired from Cleveland for absorbing Anderson Varejao's contract. It won't come into effect until 2018, as the Cavs already owe a first rounder to Boston. Vonleh may never equate into anything more than a project, and may prove to be just another prime example of why the NBA needs to raise its age limit. But, he still has more upside to help lead Denver back to the promised land than what Faried does.
http://hurricanedij39.sportsblog.com/posts/14127031/kenneth-faried-trade-idea.html
The Eye of the HurricaneDij 2.0 :: Kenneth Faried Trade Idea

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it.

But, isn't Davis a poor man's Manimal, on a much better contract?

I keep waiting for Vonleh to turn the corner, ala Jermaine O'Neal, with more playing time and about 2,000 cheeseburgers.

Hasn't happened. But, there is still time.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you'd be giving Faried away at pennies on the dollar.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him. Bulls give Gibson, Snell, 1st rd pick and a future 2nd rd pick.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him. Bulls give Gibson, Snell, 1st rd pick and a future 2nd rd pick.

This is immediately better than the proposed trade.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Portland take on his contract? It's not Faried would make them remarkably better. They could keep the players they have and use that cash on a better player

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Denver, no. I think after 4 teams and 6 years in the NBA, Davis is what he is, a 20 min guy who's kind of maxed out there. I liked the hype when he went to LA where he wouldn't be behind a bunch of bigs, but didn't show anything more. Vonleh isn't worth anything, basically a guy you fill out the roster with.

I'd def keep Lauvergne over those guys, to build around and Faried as well in that trade.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Done. Can't believe you'd give up Gibson, the most stead locker room presence you got.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, you'd be giving Faried away at pennies on the dollar.

Guy will be making close to $13 million a year for the next three years. He's steady, but he's reached his full potential. He's undersized and will always be limited defensively. And most importantly, his contract will only prevent Denver from making future moves.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy will be making close to $13 million a year for the next three years. He's steady, but he's reached his full potential. He's undersized and will always be limited defensively. And most importantly, his contract will only prevent Denver from making future moves.

Just watch. After this off-season, Faried's contract will be considered a bargain for his production. His trade value will inherently sky rocket because of the deals that will be handed out in this off-season. If you wait another season where he has only 2 years remaining and still making 13m a year and producing at his current level, you'll add another notch in his trade value.

He's also making 3M a year LESS than Tristan Thompson.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch. After this off-season, Faried's contract will be considered a bargain for his production. His trade value will inherently sky rocket because of the deals that will be handed out in this off-season. If you wait another season where he has only 2 years remaining and still making 13m a year and producing at his current level, you'll add another notch in his trade value.

He's also making 3M a year LESS than Tristan Thompson.

While I agree with a lot of this I don't think Tristan Thompson is a fair comparison. LeBron's presence pretty much got him that contract.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ready to move on from him.

While it is true that Gibson is one of the few guys on the Bulls roster that has trade value, your locker room has potential to become a disaster zone as long as Hoiberg is there as he lacks control. From Rose's injuries to Butler's trowing guys under the bus, you get the point. Gibson is the one stable presence you got.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree with a lot of this I don't think Tristan Thompson is a fair comparison. LeBron's presence pretty much got him that contract.

TT's contract only showed a comparison of what available talent there is for a price tag of 13M a year. Faried is what is he: a high energy guy, not great defensively, but capable of getting rebounds in bunches and the occasional offensive output.

He's a guy who you can plug and play on any number of teams. That's why I believe you're selling him a bit short by simply wanting to dump his contract. There were a number of teams in the market at the deadline for a PF. Maybe Thaddeus Young would be a better comparison, for production and salary.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT's contract only showed a comparison of what available talent there is for a price tag of 13M a year. Faried is what is he: a high energy guy, not great defensively, but capable of getting rebounds in bunches and the occasional offensive output.

He's a guy who you can plug and play on any number of teams. That's why I believe you're selling him a bit short by simply wanting to dump his contract. There were a number of teams in the market at the deadline for a PF. Maybe Thaddeus Young would be a better comparison, for production and salary.

The sad thing is though, he's the most movable of our eight-figure contracts. Just look at what Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari are making. Someone has got to go or else this franchise is committing itself to mediocrity.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is though, he's the most movable of our eight-figure contracts. Just look at what Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari are making. Someone has got to go or else this franchise is committing itself to mediocrity.

This is true. Tough to commit that much money to two guys (Chandler and Gallo) who are always injured at some point. I'm actually very high on the Nuggets talent. If Gallo and Chandler are able to come back next year at full strength, I believe the Nuggets have a solid playoff team. Not very top heavy, but a deep team (assuming Jokic keeps it up and Mudiay improves).

Question for you as you probably follow the team much more than I do, what sense do you get of Nurkic and his standing on the team. I think he's still got very good potential, but with Jokic's emergence, it's hard to ever see him getting back into the starting lineup unless there's an injury?

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. Tough to commit that much money to two guys (Chandler and Gallo) who are always injured at some point. I'm actually very high on the Nuggets talent. If Gallo and Chandler are able to come back next year at full strength, I believe the Nuggets have a solid playoff team. Not very top heavy, but a deep team (assuming Jokic keeps it up and Mudiay improves).

Question for you as you probably follow the team much more than I do, what sense do you get of Nurkic and his standing on the team. I think he's still got very good potential, but with Jokic's emergence, it's hard to ever see him getting back into the starting lineup unless there's an injury?

Both Nurkic and Jokic are rather prone to foul trouble, let them play it out before making a permanent decision. As of right now, I would take Jokic, as he is more disciplined. Nurkic is more physical; Jokic has a better all-around game. Malone doesn't seem to be a fan of Nurk and I can't say I blame him, but that being said, he's only had one full healthy season with the team.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Dwyane Wade has signed with Chicago instead of Denver, these two teams might want to look into this possibility...