• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendrell McFadden

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another solid solid get in the db dept. I like the group this year. Think we pick up one more or are we done at those spots?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrion Hutcherson TE, we have hit on this guy before, but it looks like we are finally in the lead for his services. I think he is one of those targets that can make a young QB look better...lol We have a lot of guys ranked higher, but this kid is a playmaker, not like Tavon, but a guy that will help us move the sticks.

3 weeks WVU fans....going to be a long three weeks.

This kid committed to MSU today.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in the Donte Thomas Williams recruit. Apparently it is down to us and NC State. He is visiting WVU this weekend. Hopefully, it goes well. Scout has him listed as a 4-star. He received offers from everyone… FSU, tOSU, VT, Clemson, ND…

from a piece on 247 regarding DTW's visit and how it went:
“I’d give it a 10,” Thomas-Williams told 247Sports Sunday evening. “Just the whole campus was nice. I learned a lot.”
Who leads now?
“West Virginia is one and North Carolina State is two,” Thomas-Williams said. “I wanted to announce on National Signing Day but at this rate who knows. I might do it earlier.”

He will visit NC State next, stay tuned.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from a piece on 247 regarding DTW's visit and how it went:
“I’d give it a 10,” Thomas-Williams told 247Sports Sunday evening. “Just the whole campus was nice. I learned a lot.”
Who leads now?
“West Virginia is one and North Carolina State is two,” Thomas-Williams said. “I wanted to announce on National Signing Day but at this rate who knows. I might do it earlier.”

He will visit NC State next, stay tuned.

Yeah, I read on Scout where they feel like WVU is in great shape with him.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have felt he would come to WVU from the start, wonder if there will be anymore surprise pick ups these last couple of weeks.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Scout, they are also expressing a feeling that CJ Worton will become a Mountaineer. They believe he is an undervalued playmaker.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You put too much stock into those recruiting services my friend...they do not even rate the JC's accuratley since they do not attend one of their combines..they just list them as 3 or 2 stars since they have nothing to go on...

and for Stew's recuiting classes not only were they bad in general ..like not being able to fill classes...but half of the recruit never made it to campus...

I just use the scout/rivals rankings to compare classes as there is really no other information that I have to compare. And as I said, Stewarts classes never panned out as most of his higher rated recruits never made it to the field. Many of the JUCOs were rated out of high school and guys like Dion Long and Quantavarious Leslie actually gained stars while in JUCO. Note that those are two guys who helped STews class rankings who never made it here.

While the ranking systems leave much to be desired, name me a team that wert to the NC game that did not have a top 10 recruiting class in the 3 years preceding?

The rankings also provide momentum. Take a look at Kentucky. Horrible team gets a few top recruits early and many follow, leading to a great class. We may get that benefit for next year with the early commits.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Whorton was offered by Oregon yesterday, I think he had a great time on his trip to WVU...but FSU and Oregon are pulling for him big time now.

I wish I was rich enough to supply WVU with a facility like Oregon....not that facilities help with recruiting or at least some of our fellow fans think that. lol