• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ken O'Keefe must go

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Shonn Greene and Iowa's defense saved his career at Iowa.

Shonn Greene - At the start of his junior season, nobody knew who he was. Iowa fans was not expecting Doak Walker Award winner in September. I would say when he got over 100 yards rushing against Michigan State and the Spartans RB didn't, he started to get recognition. Anyway, O'Keefe was able to call what he likes best - run plays. Teams knew to stop Iowa's offense is to stop Shonn Greene. Iowa's D wasn't all that impressive then either. Greene carried Iowa all season and O'Keefe kept his job.

Iowa's defense - Iowa has been blessed the past 2 season on defense. They have had an incredible defensive front and a good DB corp. 2 seasons ago, with Pick-6 Stanzi, the defense kept Iowa in the game for 4th quarter comebacks. Last season, the D struggled and they lost 5 games. You really felt the loss of Norm Parker With the combination of Robinson and Wegher and the arm of Stanzi, they did good on offense, but the defense was the big reason for the success.

I am a Kirk Ferentz fan. He is in his 13th season and has only had 3 losing seasons (his first 2 seasons and the season 6-6 Iowa lost to 9-3 Texas). He coached Iowa to 4 Top 10 finishes. How many non-elite coaches can say that. But I really believe Iowa should let Ken O'Keefe go.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem Jerms is that you cant just get rid of OKeefe, as the head coach its Ferentzs responsibility to ensure his staff is putting his team in the best position to win. If we all have a major problem with the offensive playcalling ( which is a safe assumption) then you have to place at least part of the blame on the head coach as well.

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The entire coaching staff is very conservative when it comes to their game planning. I'm fine with this because most of us here realize it really is the best game plan for the talent we get in Iowa City. When we get an abundant amount of developed players the system is simply amazing.. When we are fairly young like this year well it's not so perfect but they will learn.

The problem for me is O'Keefe calling the plays come game day. He's calling off the game plan sure.. but when things go wrong it's on him to fix it and be creative. He simply is unable to do this.. and it's shocking/disappointing with the amount of talent we've had on offense the last few years. With that said, the Hawks were moving the ball at times.. Had dumb drops and what not but he still needs to be able to adapt when things are getting tough on them just to get them going again.

Honestly, our only hope here is if O'Keefe gets a head coaching job someplace. The coaching staff is very close and Kirk trusts them so nothing will happen imo.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KoK was going to leave for a HC spot, it would have happened last year when he interviewed with UConn. He's here until Ferentz leaves.

Fuck.