• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper Help

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so I am in a 12 team dynasty league and I know its kind of early but I am looking at my team thinking about who I am going to keep and would like some advice. I can keep 24 total.

Guys I am keeping for sure

1. W. Rosario
  2. J. Votto
  3. B. Phillips
  4. R. Zimmerman
  5. A. McCutchen
  6. A. Jones
  7. C. Gomez
  8. C. Santana
  9. A. Craig
  10. N. Feliz
  11. M. Garza
  12. J. Zimmerman
  13. T. Skaggs
  14. G. Gonzalez
  15. J. Grilli
  16. T. Cingrani
  17. E. Santana
  18. F. Liriano
  19. S. Gray

and then guys not on my keeper list...

1. W. Ramos
  2. J. Rollins
  3. W. Venable
  4. B. Miller
  5. J. Villar
  6. E. Mujica
  7. L. Hawkins
  8. P. Strop
  9. V. Black
  10. B. Morrow

I really need a SS and a solid SP but it is so hard to trade in my league so I am not banking on getting a SS at all. If I had to keep a SS I would keep Miller and probably Rollins. Strop, Black, Hawkins I would keep if I knew they were going to be the closer for sure for their teams. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Also Kole Calhoun is a FA. Should I grab him and keep over any of these guys?

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Grab Kole Calhoun as fast as you can...if he is still there...he was already going to start, hitting just like he did in the minors and now with Bourj gone, its a no brainer...more upside than anyone on this list.
  2. W. Ramos
  1. J. Rollins - keep
  1. W. Venable
  1. B. Miller-keep
  1. J. Villar - keep, back up 2b, still possible upside
  1. E. Mujica - keep- don't know if hold count in your league, he could still be a closer.
  1. L. Hawkins - will get lit up in Colorado...4.37 career era...boom.
  1. P. Strop
  1. V. Black
  1. B. Morrow
Those would be my guessing 4 after getting Kole...if not, the last one, just pick. Except Venable..your good at OF and he usually can hurt you..unless you just need ABs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be wise to add Jhonny Peralta, Bourjos or Kolten Wong? just looking for upgrades at any of my roster spots.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it be wise to add Jhonny Peralta, Bourjos or Kolten Wong? just looking for upgrades at any of my roster spots.

Both Peralta and wong will be starters now...didn't know that they were options...Peralta definately as SS...and Wong over Villar.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all depends on how many people do you start, and how your league counts the keepers... If you are in a league with a bench then i would probably only keep villar(and that is only because he can be a cheap source of steals... the rest of the players on your not keep list are definitely not keepers...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can keep 24 total. If i dont keep 24 then I will have to wait till after the 4 round draft that makes our rosters 28 again to add more players off of FA pool.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with keeping Calhoun, Ramos, Miller and Venable... then I might take a peek at those FA's out there... Peralta does sound intriguing.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a bench?? or do you start everyone... this matters because if you have a bench you would like to keep the potential players like Villar(can steel 40+ bases this season), but if you have no bench then i am sure you would rather start jimmy rollins than the rest of your borderline keepers...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the Villar, he isn't going to be in baseball as a starter very long, injury replacement and utility guy...can't hit and had over 150 strikeouts in a season...3 to 1 AB to k ratio already..51 hits to 71 ks...guys like that don't last very long, unless the guy is Ozzie Smith, he will be a career back up. 56 errors in one season says defense isn't his thing either...

Villar is a back up, Rollins is a back up...the guy needs a SS, Peralta is the best way to go...they don't care about defense but the guy will start all year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the Villar, he isn't going to be in baseball as a starter very long, injury replacement and utility guy...can't hit and had over 150 strikeouts in a season...3 to 1 AB to k ratio already..51 hits to 71 ks...guys like that don't last very long, unless the guy is Ozzie Smith, he will be a career back up. 56 errors in one season says defense isn't his thing either...

Villar is a back up, Rollins is a back up...the guy needs a SS, Peralta is the best way to go...they don't care about defense but the guy will start all year.

I would rather have villar on my bench than peralta starting!!! Not saying villar will be a good player at all, but fantasy wise he could be a steal... Like i said, i would only keep villar if i could throw him on the bench right away...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF, 3 UTIL, 12 Starts a week from starters. After I choose keepers I will have 4 bench spots total then once our keeper draft comes we choose 4 more players from draft to make our teams 28 again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the guys not on my keeper list I can choose 5 to keep.
No one likes Brad Miller for next season as my SS over Rollins, Villar?
I am thinking Ramos, Miller, Rollins, Morrow, Venable (drop one of these guys for Calhoun)

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have villar on my bench than peralta starting!!! Not saying villar will be a good player at all, but fantasy wise he could be a steal... Like i said, i would only keep villar if i could throw him on the bench right away...

this is fantasy, offense is the only thing that matters. Peralta has hit, IN the majors...Villar hasn't...I want a guy who will be starting and getting stats if I need a SS or even a replacement SS...Peralta will outperform Villar easily. less risk, more reward...trying to get lighting in a bottle with Villar.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is fantasy, offense is the only thing that matters. Peralta has hit, IN the majors...Villar hasn't...I want a guy who will be starting and getting stats if I need a SS or even a replacement SS...Peralta will outperform Villar easily. less risk, more reward...trying to get lighting in a bottle with Villar.

You say villar is a risk... but he played 58 games and got 18 SB... and hit .243, with a .321 OBP... he is only 22... There is potential there... Peralta's career numbers are .268 and OBP .330... He averages 18 HRs in 162 games with 2 SBs... not to mention he is 31 years old and had an injury season last year... How is he better than the potential of villar??

Peralta will likely not play 162 games, and will likely not hit over 15 HRs, so why would you rather have him than someone that can steal 40+ bases this year... Again, i would not want to start Villar right away, but if i can stash him on my bench he can definitely reward a fantasy team more than peralta ever can...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey, thats the great thing about fantasy, you can choose the way you want to go...

Peralta = less upside, less risk, yes its likely peralta will play over 150 games, help you in ave, obp, slg, OPS..
Villar= "Prospect" upside in 1 area SB, more risk, Villar would be lucky to get 150 games in a season in his career with his defense and hitting projections...but if you need SB's take him.

Just matters your scoring in your league, your possiblities as well as areas you want to fill...for a clear example, not necessarily these two, I will take a 2 or more category guy over a 1 category guy every time...SB's are the one that you can punt pretty easy if the other 4 categories you are strong in...

I never go high on SB's or S....(in all mine, CS and BS also count too, along with strikeouts-villar is definately a bench warmer...with only small injury opportunities to play on one of my teams) I would take Salines of Tex or Hansen of Pit before Villar)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one likes Brad Miller for next season as my SS over Rollins, Villar?

I'd be happy with keeping Calhoun, Ramos, Miller and Venable... then I might take a peek at those FA's out there... Peralta does sound intriguing.

:yahoo:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has best overall value in dynasty league. Cain, Cueto, Alex Wood or Sandovel?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 team deal...

Team 1 gets:
my rosario

team 2 gets:
my Jordan Zimmerman

I get:
10th overall pick (minors/internation league players and FA's from trimmed down to 24 roster)
Matt Adams
Cueto

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 team deal...

Team 1 gets:
my rosario

team 2 gets:
my Jordan Zimmerman

I get:
10th overall pick (minors/internation league players and FA's from trimmed down to 24 roster)
Matt Adams
Cueto

If you rebuilding, sell Zimmerman High, no way I give up rosario...but I love Matt Adams, Cuerto could be just fine and getting a 1st round pick....hell to the yes.

PS do I get half of your winnings and you pay all if you lose...I like that deal also.

PS2 after looking at your team, you have like 3 1b...if you can't play all 4...then it becomes a different deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you rebuilding, sell Zimmerman High, no way I give up rosario...but I love Matt Adams, Cuerto could be just fine and getting a 1st round pick....hell to the yes.

PS do I get half of your winnings and you pay all if you lose...I like that deal also.

PS2 after looking at your team, you have like 3 1b...if you can't play all 4...then it becomes a different deal.

I am a Cardinals fan also so I really want to get Adams. Also as it is I have 3 catchers Rosario, Santana, Ramos.

I have 3 UTIL spots so I can put Craig and Adams at Utility as well as Venable or Ramos.