• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing

I was led to believe all Lakers fans were entitled, delusional, uninformed, ridiculous homers.

How DARE you go against type!

:nono:

Don't worry. One of the other ones here will come in and confirm that TF is the exception to the rule.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't.

Yeah, I agree. They could get 2 good players, instead of 1 posdsibly elite player.

I've just seen reports that they wanna shoot for the moon.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even me? :pout:

Seriously though, I don't think it would make them weak. I think they will take the best offer, even if it comes from the Lakers. They are too smart to not do what's in the best interest of the franchise. It's why they've stayed at or near the top for so long.

Heading to Jeff's Place very soon again. Haven't been there in like 3 weeks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe: Should Celtics put Jaylen Brown in a Kawhi trade?

Zack Lowe makes some good points about the Celtics trading Brown for Leonard.

When it is all said and done, I think both the Sixers and Celtics have to decide whether they think that Kawhi can get them a championship next year. If they believe he can, then it makes sense to go all-in. But if they think that the Warriors will still be too good, it is probably not worth the risk.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously not, the money doesn't match.

They have to add a Kyrie or a Horford.

But, Brown and picks would be the centerpiece.

If they add Horford, the Spurs could ship out Pau.

If you are the Celtics, would that be too much?

Horford is overpaid.

But, he fits so well.

Pau is washed.

I'd send Kyrie since I have Rozier.

The Spurs have a huge problem. Kahwi says he will play for LA either this year or next. His trade value has now been lowered to the level below snake shit. The Spurs have zero leverage in a trade. Word is that Ainge is willing to offer one or two players, but not of the top 8. More like a Theis and Larkin and maybe a second round pick.

Nobody is going to deal any kind of a package for a guy who only wants to play in one place and is going to be a free agent in 2019........................<NOBODY>

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately it will depend no whether there were a clear cut best offer from the Lakers. If the Lakers give up multiple assets for Kawhi and no one else offers them anything but chump change then he will likely accept the trade. However, if the Celtics give up some meaningful assets that don't mean the same level as the Lakers, Pop could very well accept that.

The thing is, if the Lakers sign Lebron and PG this offseason, they aren't going to have a lot of room to sign Kawhi 2019. A team like the Celtics, or the Sixers, could see as much less risky than first blush would suggest.

I agree. Unless we're both missing something, there are only 2 ways that the Lakers can get Kawhi.

Either trade for him this year...or sign only 1 or zero max guys this year and hope he still wants to come to LA next year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing

I was led to believe all Lakers fans were entitled, delusional, uninformed, ridiculous homers.

How DARE you go against type!

:nono:

My apologies.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Unless we're both missing something, there are only 2 ways that the Lakers can get Kawhi.

Either trade for him this year...or sign only 1 or zero max guys this year and hope he still wants to come to LA next year.

I can't imagine that the Lakers would eschew signing Lebron or PG in hopes of getting Kawhi next year.

Reactions: DJ

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have a huge problem. Kahwi says he will play for LA either this year or next. His trade value has now been lowered to the level below snake shit. The Spurs have zero leverage in a trade. Word is that Ainge is willing to offer one or two players, but not of the top 8. More like a Theis and Larkin and maybe a second round pick.

Nobody is going to deal any kind of a package for a guy who only wants to play in one place and is going to be a free agent in 2019........................<NOBODY>

If I am Danny I just wait this mess out. He can trump anybody's assets. Would they get his full Bird rights?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine that the Lakers would eschew signing Lebron or PG in hopes of getting Kawhi next year.

They won't. If they can sign both, they will sign both and hope they can either trade for Kawhi this year, or figure out a way to get far enough under the cap next year.

If Lebron stays Cleveland and/or PG stays in OKC...then they can preserve the cap space to go after Kawhi next year.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't. If they can sign both, they will sign both and hope they can either trade for Kawhi this year, or figure out a way to get far enough under the cap next year.

If Lebron stays Cleveland and/or PG stays in OKC...then they can preserve the cap space to go after Kawhi next year.

Or if PG stays in OKC.....they could trade for Leonard, sign James, and either let Randle walk and sign another FA next summer or re-sign Randle this summer.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or if PG stays in OKC.....they could trade for Leonard, sign James, and either let Randle walk and sign another FA next summer or re-sign Randle this summer.

If that happens, I expect that they would re-sign Randle. They can always trade him later if they need to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Empty apartment Thursday after work.....except for me and Stacey......I might do some thickening.....LOL.

tenor.gif