• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs would likely have to include Patty Mills.

Right they have the space but if Hood gets a need deal he is making 12M or so. They would have to move on contract. I mean honestly I would take Hood and Parsons if it means getting the 4 and 8. That could get you a combination of Young, Porter, Bamba, Jackson or Sexton

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi personally comes out and says he'll sign with the Lakers in 2019, his trade value will drop tremendously. They could probably get away with keeping one of the young guys in that case.

Maybe. However, I would not try low balling based on that if I'm the Lakers.

The Spurs are going to have to hold their nose to do any deal with the Lakers. But they have been arguably the smartest, best run franchise for 20 something years. They didn't get that way by not doing what's best for their franchise. So, if the Lakers have the best offer. I think the Spurs would take it.

However, the Lakers shouldn't poke the bear and risk the Spurs taking a little worse deal (knowing they'll figure out a way to fix it later) or just not trading him at all and giving themselves another year to convince him to stay.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans are insufferable enough lol

Even me? :pout:

Seriously though, I don't think it would make them weak. I think they will take the best offer, even if it comes from the Lakers. They are too smart to not do what's in the best interest of the franchise. It's why they've stayed at or near the top for so long.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawhi for Kuzma/ingram. Spurs get two young pieces, and cap space.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even me? :pout:

Seriously though, I don't think it would make them weak. I think they will take the best offer, even if it comes from the Lakers. They are too smart to not do what's in the best interest of the franchise. It's why they've stayed at or near the top for so long.

Ultimately it will depend no whether there were a clear cut best offer from the Lakers. If the Lakers give up multiple assets for Kawhi and no one else offers them anything but chump change then he will likely accept the trade. However, if the Celtics give up some meaningful assets that don't mean the same level as the Lakers, Pop could very well accept that.

The thing is, if the Lakers sign Lebron and PG this offseason, they aren't going to have a lot of room to sign Kawhi 2019. A team like the Celtics, or the Sixers, could see as much less risky than first blush would suggest.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's referred to as a 3 team trade....happens from time to time in the NBA.
DJ- i will give you 3-1 odds on Kawhi and the Lakers.

you put up 5k, i put up 15.

If kawhi leonard is a laker this summer- you win and get 15K---- if i win i get 5k from you

@DJ ?

deal?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ- i will give you 3-1 odds on Kawhi and the Lakers.

you put up 5k, i put up 15.

If kawhi leonard is a laker this summer- you win and get 15K---- if i win i get 5k from you

@DJ ?

deal?

No, because the odds of it happening are slim to none.

But, I'm hoping.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, because the odds of it happening are slim to none.

But, I'm hoping.
i think the odds of getting LeBron to the Lakers are MUCH better

right now cna you see anyone besides the Cavs and Lakers being a viable option?

I kind of cant.

I am SLIGHTLY leaning Lakers at this point- but what happens over the next couple weeks will clear up the picture

so much can change. so much can happen. Paul George's status, Kawhi's status, the Cav's draft, any trades, possible Laker's trades, etc.

Should be interesting.

Honestly- I do not EXPECT the Cavs to make a major move since there seems to be so much competition to get up high in this draft. Like I said- this draft is loaded. you can tell by all the rumos of teams trying to move up or get into the lotto.

There are legitmaitely 6-8 really really amazingly talented players in this draft and there are another 6-7 guys who are absolutely very very good players.

I would venture to say in THIS draft, if you have the 12th, 13th pick- its almost like having a top 6 or 7 pick with how great this draft is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of cant.

I am SLIGHTLY leaning Lakers at this point- but what happens over the next couple weeks will clear up the picture

so much can change. so much can happen. Paul George's status, Kawhi's status, the Cav's draft, any trades, possible Laker's trades, etc.

Should be interesting.

Honestly- I do not EXPECT the Cavs to make a major move since there seems to be so much competition to get up high in this draft. Like I said- this draft is loaded. you can tell by all the rumos of teams trying to move up or get into the lotto.

There are legitmaitely 6-8 really really amazingly talented players in this draft and there are another 6-7 guys who are absolutely very very good players.

I would venture to say in THIS draft, if you have the 12th, 13th pick- its almost like having a top 6 or 7 pick with how great this draft is.

I would like to see the Cavs get ANOTHER top 10 pick. This means getting rid of Love. 2 top 8 guys is a good start to a rebuild

Last edited:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would to see the Cavs get ANOTHER top 10 pick. This means getting rid of Love. 2 top 8 guys is a good start to a rebuild
I agree.

and even if their aim is still to keep LeBron- that top 10 pick can be moved. Two top 10 picks would give them plenty of ammo to make some big moves.

The more I look at it, the more I think they might TRADE DOWN slightly.

After that first tier of Jackson, Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, Doncic and Porter--- the 2nd tier is REALLY REALLY big and talented--

Young, Carter Jr., Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges, Knox, Alexander, Gilgeous-Sexton-----

I would be fine with ANY of those picks.

What I would LIKE to see happen?

maybe trade down with Charlotte- get their pick and Kemba and take some bad money for Jr Smiths basically expiring deal and a future pick or something.....

then use love and the charlotte pick to get back up.

but who knows...

half of me thinks the Cavs will just stand pat and take either Sexton, Young, Gilgeous-Alexander....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

and even if their aim is still to keep LeBron- that top 10 pick can be moved. Two top 10 picks would give them plenty of ammo to make some big moves.

The more I look at it, the more I think they might TRADE DOWN slightly.

After that first tier of Jackson, Bagley, Ayton, Bamba, Doncic and Porter--- the 2nd tier is REALLY REALLY big and talented--

Young, Carter Jr., Mikal Bridges, Miles Bridges, Knox, Alexander, Gilgeous-Sexton-----

I would be fine with ANY of those picks.

What I would LIKE to see happen?

maybe trade down with Charlotte- get their pick and Kemba and take some bad money for Jr Smiths basically expiring deal and a future pick or something.....

then use love and the charlotte pick to get back up.

but who knows...

half of me thinks the Cavs will just stand pat and take either Sexton, Young, Gilgeous-Alexander....

I did hear about a trade for Kemba and 11 for the 8 and players. The Cavs want a PG if they cant get Porter

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of cant.

Should be interesting.

me, I'm trying to figure out what a "rumo" is....

I mean, y'know, since we're down to nitpicking grammatical errors and all... :lol:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of cant.

Should be interesting.

Mecca's Clipps have 2, think they try to package them and something else to move up.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. However, I would not try low balling based on that if I'm the Lakers.

The Spurs are going to have to hold their nose to do any deal with the Lakers. But they have been arguably the smartest, best run franchise for 20 something years. They didn't get that way by not doing what's best for their franchise. So, if the Lakers have the best offer. I think the Spurs would take it.

However, the Lakers shouldn't poke the bear and risk the Spurs taking a little worse deal (knowing they'll figure out a way to fix it later) or just not trading him at all and giving themselves another year to convince him to stay.
I said the same thing

I was led to believe all Lakers fans were entitled, delusional, uninformed, ridiculous homers.

How DARE you go against type!

:nono: