• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kawhi wants out of San Antonio

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources: Pop meets with Kawhi in California

"Leonard wants a trade to Los Angeles, preferably the Lakers over the Clippers, league sources said. He has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play in San Antonio, and will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles -- preferably with the Lakers -- when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said."

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Leonard wants a trade to Los Angeles, preferably the Lakers over the Clippers, league sources said. He has privately maintained that he no longer wants to play in San Antonio, and will eventually alert rival teams considering trades for him that his intentions are to sign in Los Angeles -- preferably with the Lakers -- when he can become a free agent in 2019, league sources said."
ESPN - Suggested that in a three way trade, the Lakers give up

Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

and gets back Leonard

The third team ends up with Ball or Ingram and Deng

I would do that trade - but I think some one may have been fantasizing on that idea

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I quite personally don't give a damn what he wants. He avoided the meeting, if those reports are true, because he was "disgruntled." Honestly if you're mad, why not try to sit down and be a fucking man and work things out? Sounds like he has the mental toughness of an 8-year old.

If he thinks the Spurs are gonna trade him wherever he wants to go after how he's acting, he has a really rude awakening coming.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN - Suggested that in a three way trade, the Lakers give up

Lonzo Ball
Luol Deng
Brandon Ingram
Kyle Kuzma

and gets back Leonard

The third team ends up with Ball or Ingram and Deng

I would do that trade - but I think some one may have been fantasizing on that idea

If Kawhi personally comes out and says he'll sign with the Lakers in 2019, his trade value will drop tremendously. They could probably get away with keeping one of the young guys in that case.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quite personally don't give a damn what he wants. He avoided the meeting, if those reports are true, because he was "disgruntled." Honestly if you're mad, why not try to sit down and be a fucking man and work things out? Sounds like he has the mental toughness of an 8-year old.

If he thinks the Spurs are gonna trade him wherever he wants to go after how he's acting, he has a really rude awakening coming.

It also means his trade value drops. What team is going to offer the Spurs what they want for a guaranteed one year rental?

If the Lakers offer Ingram and Kuzma, that is by far the best offer the Spurs will get.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also means his trade value drops. What team is going to offer the Spurs what they want for a guaranteed one year rental?

If the Lakers offer Ingram and Kuzma, that is by far the best offer the Spurs will get.
I don't agree. I'll take Boston's offer if it involves Jaylen Brown over the Lakers' offer any day of the week.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Celtics offer Brown in the first place?
If they want him, then Brown is probably gonna need to be included in any of the offers. You can't just give Kawhi away for chump change.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want him, then Brown is probably gonna need to be included in any of the offers. You can't just give Kawhi away for chump change.

The Spurs are going to quickly run out of options if Kawhi publicly comes out he's going to LA in 2019.

Heck, if the Lakers land Lebron and George his summer, they probably won't put an offer in at all and just wait it out.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I hope Spurs fans know this means he's gone.

Last year, a tweet about Paul went out and it's Damn near identical....

He gone.

....and it's to the Lakers.

If the Spurs oblige and trade him to the Lakers, they're weak. I know he's gone but they really should not trade him to a rival. Lakers fans are insufferable enough lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs could be stubborn and hold him until the deadline to get the best offer.

But, I don't think they will do that.

It's not a coincidence that the meeting took place before the draft

If picks are included, they want t to pick the guy they want.

But.....

I don't envision a situation where they deal treasure for trash.

If the Lakers try to lowball them, why not send him out East to the team that offers the best deal?

If trash is all that's being offered, The Spurs aren't under any obligation to make things easier for Kawhi.

Fuck it....

If the Spurs are getting shitted on, he'd be getting a golden shower too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Spurs oblige and trade him to the Lakers, they're weak. I know he's gone but they really should not trade him to a rival. Lakers fans are insufferable enough lol
If the offer is good, they should.

If it's shitastic?

Pull a Indy with Paul George and send him out East to the highest bidder.

Maybe the Celtics or 76ers are willing to roll the dice?

But, I can't see any team offering what he's worth if he says I'm out no matter what...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Celtics offer Brown in the first place?
He's odd man out between he Tatum and Hayward.

Morris has little value by himself....

For salary reasons, they have to send out almost 20 million.

That's either Kyrie by himself or Brown, Morris and another small deal....

Can't be Hayward because he makes 30 mil to Kawhi's 19

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi personally comes out and says he'll sign with the Lakers in 2019, his trade value will drop tremendously. They could probably get away with keeping one of the young guys in that case.
The problem I see is like Paul George, He may be using that as bargaining chip - I would feel better in July if George actually signs with the Lakers - then I would say that trade is a must because they have two of the three they need. I was the Spurs, I would take my sweet time in doing a trade. They have all summer long to see how the dust falls on free agency.